Treasure at Tampines

aphel14

Reaction score
Not sure where you got your figures from. But based on what I see, you are looking at the 1 bedders and tiny 2 bedders. 3 bedders are currently going for less than 1300psf and some lower than 1200psf.

And yes, I realised the news article I was referring to was last year's article after launch weekend. However, wasn't the property market more hot last year? And 1 year after launch, only 68% sold. Now treasure is adding on to the supply.

From this article: https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/december-sales-highest-six-years

It was stated the median price for Tapestry is $1410psf (see below)

iAAT3T8.png

From Tapestry agents:

1br $671,000 ($1523psf)

1+study $722,100 ($1523psf)
$743,740 ($1569psf)

2br $861,820 ($1429psf)
$935,550 ($1259psf)

2+study $1,018,980 ($1263psf)
$1,033,200 ($1500psf)

3br $1,149,390 ($1167psf)
$1,342,170 ($1144psf)

3br premium $1,361,610 ($1205psf)
$1,420,740 ($1257psf)

From Treasure agents:

9eDdVM5.jpg

So looking at the figures, Tapestry has 1 & 2 bedders exceeding $1500psf till $1569psf

Price-wise comparison btw Tapestry & Treasure:

For 3-bedder:

From $1.149M (Tap) vs From $985k (Tres)

For 3-bedder premium:

From $1.362M (Tap) vs From $1.245M (Tres)

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
This may not be a fair comparison as The Tapestry was launched a year ago, the cheapest units were sold.

From this article: https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/december-sales-highest-six-years

It was stated the median price for Tapestry is $1410psf (see below)

iAAT3T8.png

From Tapestry agents:

1br $671,000 ($1523psf)

1+study $722,100 ($1523psf)
$743,740 ($1569psf)

2br $861,820 ($1429psf)
$935,550 ($1259psf)

2+study $1,018,980 ($1263psf)
$1,033,200 ($1500psf)

3br $1,149,390 ($1167psf)
$1,342,170 ($1144psf)

3br premium $1,361,610 ($1205psf)
$1,420,740 ($1257psf)

From Treasure agents:

9eDdVM5.jpg

So looking at the figures, Tapestry has 1 & 2 bedders exceeding $1500psf till $1569psf

Price-wise comparison btw Tapestry & Treasure:

For 3-bedder:

From $1.149M (Tap) vs From $985k (Tres)

For 3-bedder premium:

From $1.362M (Tap) vs From $1.245M (Tres)

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just posing some questions...
Next question is... why buy coco palms ...
Palette and Dnest are selling 200 PSF cheaper and just beside....

Then the next question..... why buy palette and dnest when livia and nv residences are selling 200psf cheaper than palette and dnest

or even better.... just down the road slightly further... ris grandeur... freehold at 1k psf

I know what u mean.
But Livia and NV can afford to sell the cheapest among the others because they are in the 2010 era. Coco is 2017/2018 era so definitely price wise cannot be pitching at 2010 price point.
If I recalled, livia 3 bedder was only selling 800k when first launch.

Ris grandeur was the 2004 era, selling ard 5xxpsf, (3 bedder was 720k back then) so that why cheapest. I almost bought this project last time. Lol.
My fren recently rented a 3 bedder at $2500 at RG.

I’m not a fan of Pasir Ris area cos too many condos around. Besides the 5 CDL condos, Not forgetting still hv ripple Bay, sea strand, sea horizon, water colour, Elias green, belysa, stratum, vue 8, blue water 1/2....and the list goes on.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plus got Loyang/Flora enclaves...

I know what u mean.
But Livia and NV can afford to sell the cheapest among the others because they are in the 2010 era. Coco is 2017/2018 era so definitely price wise cannot be pitching at 2010 price point.
If I recalled, livia 3 bedder was only selling 800k when first launch.

Ris grandeur was the 2004 era, selling ard 5xxpsf, (3 bedder was 720k back then) so that why cheapest. I almost bought this project last time. Lol.
My fren recently rented a 3 bedder at $2500 at RG.

I’m not a fan of Pasir Ris area cos too many condos around. Besides the 5 CDL condos, Not forgetting still hv ripple Bay, sea strand, water colour, Elias green, belysa, stratum, blue water 1/2....and the list goes on.

TeamUSA

Reaction score
Visited the showroom over the weekend and these are my personal views. I stay in the neighbourhood.

1. The size of rooms /layout of the 3 bedroom and above units are better than newish BTO developments, similar to the older condos in suburban areas TOPed more than a decade ago. The 3 bedroom premium units plus are actually very livable as a complete home (with yard and utility room etc), although I find the additional balconies in the 5 room units an excessive waste of space and not practical.

2. Location : Not really here nor there in relation to proximity an MRT station , but still better than the Tapestry/Santorini area. Amenities close by are ok but cannot match Tampines central area for obvious reasons.

3. PSF wise, it is one of the highest in the whole Tampines, rivaling Tapestry. As an alternative, I feel both Trilliant and Citylife EC ( which are closer to Tampines downtown mrt) are more attractive after their MOP and still have 90 plus years leasehold , resales unit should be available around 1100 psf, almost 200 psf lower.

4. Capital Appreciation and upside is prob limited, I doubt SL will be able to sell even half of all the 2200 units before TOP. If you are looking to make a quick buck after TOP you can forget it as you will be competing with 1000 plus unsold units years down the road. I find there is very little unique selling point about the development other than the fact that it is a very large. I have seen both Waterview/Trilliant and am not impressed with the landscaping and or quality of finishing offered by SL. I do not expect Treasures to be better.

5. Rental demand would also be tempered, as people working in CBP would prefer Melville park/Simei/Tanah Merah and there are already tons of rental units there.

6. In short, would recommend if for people who are familiar with Tampines/East to buy and stay, and not for investment or rental yield.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya, true.
If u noticed, even those FH condo at flora drive didn’t see much price appreciation at all.

If you want capital appreciation, don't buy condos located more than 5 - 10mins walk from an MRT line. Ulu ulu located condos are a dime a dozen.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm just posing some questions...
Next question is... why buy coco palms ...
Palette and Dnest are selling 200 PSF cheaper and just beside....

Palette (TOP: 2016) is further to walk to Pasir Ris MRT vs Coco Palms (TOP: 2019) so that's not a fair comparison.

D'nest is slightly further to the MRT vs Coco Palms and it TOPed in 2017 vs Coco Palms that just TOPed this year.

Newer developments would always command a higher price and Coco Palms is a nearer walk to the MRT. I went to the showroom when Coco Palms launched and it was a comfortable walk. MRT proximity is always a deciding factor.

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The mrt is too far for my liking. 2200 units a bit hard to rent out right for investment. The poor quality of wood in the showroom is a big concern for me. Especially the toilet one. Poor design for the toilet cabinet.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
The mrt is too far for my liking. 2200 units a bit hard to rent out right for investment. The poor quality of wood in the showroom is a big concern for me. Especially the toilet one. Poor design for the toilet cabinet.

Exactly... I won't say that it's comfortable walking distance to the MRT.

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score

To Tampines MRT walking will take maybe 20 minutes.
To Simei MRT walking maybe 10-15 minutes.

Nowadays most wood is just laminated wood.
Water goes into the edges accidentally, especially in toilet, and the laminate will peel off.

kennethlohb

Reaction score
I saw that the prices for Treasure at Tampines at https://treasureattampiness.sg/ to be from $1,280 psf. what do you guys think of The Tapestry in comparision? The tapestry still is by CDL. Isn't it better to get The Tapestry instead?

I have been waiting for this launch but feel that 2,208 units a little too many units! I wonder how the Car park is going to be like in the morning peak rush hour and evening peak rush hour.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
I saw that the prices for Treasure at Tampines at https://treasureattampiness.sg/ to be from $1,280 psf. what do you guys think of The Tapestry in comparision? The tapestry still is by CDL. Isn't it better to get The Tapestry instead?

I have been waiting for this launch but feel that 2,208 units a little too many units! I wonder how the Car park is going to be like in the morning peak rush hour and evening peak rush hour.

Don't know about now but the Tapestry was launched at $1,310psf about 1 year ago. https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/buyers-snap-up-70-of-units-launched-at-the-tapestry

The location is poor as it's not within walking distance to any MRT so capital appreciation would be slow. If you ask me to choose between Treasure vs Tapestry then Treasure wins hands down due to better location. Me personally, I'd go for Coco Palms as it just TOPed (can move in right away) and it's a comfortable 5min+ walk to Pasir Ris MRT and the 2 bedrooms are going at about $1,200psf~ only. You probably drive so you won't care about the MRT but if you sell in the future it will matter a lot to most people. I personally won't buy a condo unless it's within 5min+ walk to an MRT.

The closer a condo is located to an MRT = Better chance of capital appreciation

kennethlohb

Reaction score
Tks bro for the advise. I was looking at the 5br to stay in but just worried might be congested. The 4BR at tapestry looks quite interesting with the dual key units. Yes priced increased Frm what I saw the first time. I thought the concierge for The Tapestry also v good. I’m such a sucker for service. Lol

For 2br investment I recently went to see Rezi 24. Like not bad and I feel gd cap and rental returns, gr8 entry price.. but no bullets. Need to focus on buying 1 for own stay.

Don't know about now but the Tapestry was launched at $1,310psf about 1 year ago. https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/buyers-snap-up-70-of-units-launched-at-the-tapestry

The location is poor as it's not within walking distance to any MRT so capital appreciation would be slow. If you ask me to choose between Treasure vs Tapestry then Treasure wins hands down due to better location. Me personally, I'd go for Coco Palms as it just TOPed (can move in right away) and it's a comfortable 5min+ walk to Pasir Ris MRT and the 2 bedrooms are going at about $1,200psf~ only. You probably drive so you won't care about the MRT but if you sell in the future it will matter a lot to most people. I personally won't buy a condo unless it's within 5min+ walk to an MRT.

Clazav

Reaction score

Provided you didn't buy that close-to-MRT condo at a premium.

Tapestry comparatively isn't too attractive. There are santorini, alps, Q Bay and the upcoming ec to compete with tapestry, it is difficult to sell well. The developer may he cdl but for resale, potential buyers will be less concern of who is the developer. Treasure is a big project, if you do your due diligence, you may find 'treasure'?

aphel14

Reaction score
There’s no perfect condo in this world.

Which projects can boost to have all of the following?

- within 5-10min walk to mrt and tons of amenities
- not many units so less competition in terms of rental, sales & facilities usage
- cheap maintenance fees
- high rental demand & yield
- high capital appreciation
- very spacious, efficient layouts for all living, dining & bedrooms
- highest standard of premium fittings & finishing
- within 1km to prestige schools
- at a super convenient yet non-crowded location...

So on and so forth… u get my gist.

If heng heng there’s one, u’ll be assured developer will price it at much premium pricing to reflect its ‘perfectness’. They are in the business of making $$, not losing it.

E.g. If Tapestry is at a better location, CDL would have being selling it at higher prices, perhaps at least $200psf more

Hence, it all boils down to what u want, what is more important to u and how much u willing to pay for it.

Past transactions (which u can easily checked from online) have already shown many owners of less-than-perfect condos at less-than-perfect locations are quietly laughing their way to their banks.... while some upmarket condos at much better locations are stil losing money for their owners.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.