Treasure at Tampines

aphel14

Reaction score
Earn on paper nia. Buyers who sell now in this market and SSD is loss.

Kingsford Waterbay was launched back in 2015 at avg $1100psf.

Currently at avg $1400psf.

So buyers who bought in 2015 will be able to sell soon without inccuring any SSD, with potential profit of abt $300psf or 27% gain.

Last edited:

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
I thought the concierge for The Tapestry also v good. I’m such a sucker for service. Lol

Do note that when new MCST is formed it can be removed if most residents think it's redundant or don't want to pay for it. Last time my relative bought an ulu condo because it had shuttle bus to MRT. Then he cursed and sweared when the new MCST voted to remove it because it was "too expensive" and it was not widely used. :s22:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I did some digging and yes, it launched at $1,050 to $1,180psf
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/140-kingsford-waterbay-units-go-in-one-weekend-amended

No clue why people are buying at 1,3XXpsf for that kind of ulu location. Around it also got so many condos competing for tenants & buyers also.

I didn’t buy this project for the same reason cos of location and too many surrounding projects.
But different buyers different needs and Budget. Still will have supporters.
In Current market, 13xx psf at non fantastic location is the norm I Guess.
That’s y treasure launching 12xxpsf seems like a steal. Hehe

If got a choice, u think Sim Lian would want to build 2203 units? Haha, who ask them to enbloc the land 20-30% higher than tapestry site. Now bo Bian, need to squeeze in 2203 units to cover cost.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
I didn’t buy this project for the same reason cos of location and too many surrounding projects.
But different buyers different needs and Budget. Still will have supporters.
In Current market, 13xx psf at non fantastic location is the norm I Guess.
That’s y treasure launching 12xxpsf seems like a steal. Hehe

If got a choice, u think Sim Lian would want to build 2203 units? Haha, who ask them to enbloc the land 20-30% higher than tapestry site. Now bo Bian, need to squeeze in 2203 units to cover cost.

Developers confirm would want to max out the land space to make as much money bah... curious to see how a development with 2203 units look like though. It's like a mini city...

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
1st round of cooling measures was implemented back in Feb 2010 and last year’s 5th July one was the 8th round.

But how have the prices been going?

See below chart (the part labelled 'Feb 2010' onwards) to form your own judgement as facts & figures don’t lie.

FaSEaxM.png

Its precisely the unique situation of Singapore that is conducive & attractive for property investments for locals & foreigners...

- Political stability (not a govt supporter, just calling a spade a spade)
- Economic stability
- Measures to keep market stable
- Tight quality control
- Limited land
- Population growth
- GDP growth etc

See: https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/singapore-property-market-safe-haven/

Would you prefer a property market with more stable, sustainable growth / capital appreciation.... or a steep rollercoaster up & down, bubble forming & bursting, huge-risk, market-crashing type of environment?

Yes, might be a multi-millionaire in double quick time but can also be a bankrupt many times over.

How many can stomach this kind of gamble besides those who already having deep pockets to start with?

Hence, local properties are for those looking for a real physical asset (which can live in) to invest in that not only provide stable returns, but also beats inflation and having one of the lowest risk an investment can get.

If looking at higher returns (with higher risk of cos), better off to invest in stock & shares, options, trading, foreign currencies etc.

For those who r Long enough in property investment understands the rule of the game. They Know which project can buy, they study market trend, they are aware of the current land bid price and they make sure they have good holding power to ride the tides. though I must admit profit gain and rental are getting tougher. Unlike 2003 era.
But I rather it stays this way with CMs in place, keeping price in check and see gradual appreciation.
Roller coaster kind of scenario is bad for home owners and investors.

For those who don’t understand will keep complaining, wait and wait, try play smart and time the market.
Becos most don’t understand the law of inflation.
Thanks for your sharing, can’t agree more.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
True.

But many ppl stil hiam its just LRT, not MRT.

Back then, HPR and Parc rosewood 1 bedder starts from 398k.haha
I believe many pple are still waiting for history to repeat itself again.

I ask my colleague to buy HPR a few years back (that time she was looking to buy condo in Sengkang/Punggol area) and she told me she can still wait cos she believes price will drop further.
Now look at what happened, lol

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score

I ask my colleague to buy HPR a few years back (that time she was looking to buy condo in Sengkang/Punggol area) and she told me she can still wait cos she believes price will drop further.

I wanted to buy HPR also (but no ammo) because they were selling it at EC prices back then. What more doorstep LRT.

People saw a good bargain and it sold 1100/1390 units on launch day. It was a big deal back then. LOL. Good times...
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/strong-sales-at-high-park-residences

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score

Clazav

Reaction score
Then she will unlikely going to buy one in future. Because price will still continue to go up slowly.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Projects launched in 2015 mostly appreciative quite decently. Poiz residences appreciate well too.

Poiz residence was a good buy too. 14xx psf nia back then.
Now Parc colonial 17xxpsf
Woodleigh residence 21xx psf.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea , back then parc and HPR launched from 398k. Now subsale HPR for
Studios sold at 480-515k.

Parc rosewood appreciated to 515-530k recently. Not so bad for these type of location. Furthermore Woodlands new MRT line opening soon. Parc rosewood located one bus stop away from one of the new mrt entrance or 5-7mins walk away.

Parc rosewood rental on average 1.5-1.7k for the 1 bedder.
Back then many play the wait and see game. Say ulu la , no potential la, bla bla bla

Clazav

Reaction score
Yup, the same thing may happen for treasure at tamp and also Florence residences. No one knows.

Parc rosewood appreciated to 515-530k recently. Not so bad for these type of location. Furthermore Woodlands new MRT line opening soon. Parc rosewood located one bus stop away from one of the new mrt entrance or 5-7mins walk away.

Back then many play the wait and see game. Say ulu la , no potential la, bla bla bla

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

I always think CEL very lucky.
They seems to always hv the luck to bid the land at reasonable price, managed to sell and clear most of their units.
HIgh park residence, grandeur park are all sell out/near sell out projects.
Park colonial also doing reasonably well, thanks to woodleigh residence high land bid price.
Recently kampong java CEL also got the land cheap. Will be interesting to know what is their launch price like. Those with ammo can take note.

Last edited:

TeamUSA

Reaction score
Kingsford Waterbay was launched back in 2015 at avg $1100psf.

Currently at avg $1400psf.

So buyers who bought in 2015 will be able to sell soon without inccuring any SSD, with potential profit of abt $300psf or 27% gain.

Eh not sure if you noticed, the transactions virtually stopped after the latest round of cooling measures, and out of the 2 transactions, the psf drop to S$1166 (for one of the larger units). Who is going to buy those units at S$1400 psf now?

Reaction score
Eh not sure if you noticed, the transactions virtually stopped after the latest round of cooling measures, and out of the 2 transactions, the psf drop to S$1166 (for one of the larger units). Who is going to buy those units at S$1400 psf now?

that unit is PH though. launched at +- 900psf. so % gain is pretty much similar.
anyways the subsales didn't reach anything too close to 1400psf, that's the last 100-200 units from developer sales.

1400psf is a bit optimistic for this project right now

TeamUSA

Reaction score
For those who r Long enough in property investment understands the rule of the game. They Know which project can buy, they study market trend, they are aware of the current land bid price and they make sure they have good holding power to ride the tides. though I must admit profit gain and rental are getting tougher. Unlike 2003 era.
But I rather it stays this way with CMs in place, keeping price in check and see gradual appreciation.
Roller coaster kind of scenario is bad for home owners and investors.

For those who don’t understand will keep complaining, wait and wait, try play smart and time the market.
Becos most don’t understand the law of inflation.
Thanks for your sharing, can’t agree more.

You mention inflation, but it is a serious problem for the government when our private property inflation rates exceeds growth in real wages by multiples. My view back then was that the initial rounds of cooling measures in 2010-2013 did not go far enough. The latest round of cooling measures is closer to the level of measures needed to rein-in a runaway property market. You can be sure if prices head for another 5% plus increase in less than a year, the government will definitely step in yet again and you don't want to be stuck with a property investment you cannot liquidate at a good price. In this regulatory environment, you need a lot of holding power if you are buying for capital appreciation and cannot depend on rental yield to cover your mortgage buying at today's prices.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.