Acer Swift 3: Which is better value for money

randylol123

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Acer Swift 3 for school. There are 2 main variants the AMD CPU/GPU combo and the Intel CPU/Nvidia GPU combo. My question is which is a better value for money.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700U, RX 540 Graphics = Estimate 1130 SGD

Intel Core i7-8550U, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 = Estimate 1300 SGD

I know that the intel system will be more powerful but is it worth the extra 170ish. Also can anyone give first hand feedback on the swift 3 any major issues and such.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Intel combo is more powerful for sure. The 2 processors perform quite closely, and its the GPU that sets the 2 apart. Nvidia's MX150 to me is clearly the superior GPU. However if you don't game, its worthwhile to consider the AMD option.

tutonic

Reaction score
The Intel combo is more powerful for sure. The 2 processors perform quite closely, and its the GPU that sets the 2 apart. Nvidia's MX150 to me is clearly the superior GPU. However if you don't game, its worthwhile to consider the AMD option.

Agree with what's said here. Another thing to take note is that having more ram is going to help, along with having an ssd in place of a traditional hdd. All these will contribute to how snappy the laptop will feel, since all i5/ryzen 5 or higher that were released last year onwards are sufficiently fast, processor-wise.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swift3 Ryzen5 from Prime Now app(International) S$936 + S$65 shipping from US.
Prime Now SSD pricing lower than Lazada + many choices.

Kianzxc

Reaction score
Anyone going the expo fair this weekend to purchase with the $100 voucher provided?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.