Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Z8A...

Reaction score
Hi ppl. New here. Was thinking about buying a Honda Fit Hybrid. Did my research and found it to be the most practical car. But i still dont see any review on abt high speed driving.. like North south highway.. anyone care to share?

JLowX13

Reaction score
Hi. Selling a used phone holder that was bought during last MO in late August😊 paid $25 selling at $15 self collect from me. No box. Can PM in private for pictures. Please provide contact and will WhatsApp you. The holder is placed on the cup holder side. For Jazz not sure got fit but similar. Thanks.

Orphan

Reaction score
I was told by my AD SE that the car sold by PI, if Kenna recalled, Honda won't cover. If AD, even after warranty, if recall, they will take it back.

Your SE is either ignorant or not honest and is using this as a tactic to sell.

It's KM that will not cover.
Honda, as in the Honda company itself is legally obligated to cover for free replacement.

Having said that, I can understand why KM would noy want to go through the hassles to do for Honda cars not sold by them unless they are paid a premium.

This is the first question I asked my PI. Since they are one of the few PIs who import their cars directly, they have done all every recall for their customers. Liase with Japan, ship the parts to SG, arrange workshop to do etc.

PIs who do not import directly may havr some difficulties though. So always ask PI first. Cars in Singapore are a huge investment, like all big purchases, always ask questions.

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ad is a partnership and authorized to represent the brand in Singapore . Even if ad close shop the manufacturer Will also appointt another ad to settle your issue . Pi is reseller . It is just like sim LIM square handphone shop , close shop and such is all your problem . Certain issue and repair can only be dealt by ad as manufacturers will only deal with ad as their main contact point

Honda, as in the Honda company itself is legally obligated to cover for free replacement.

Having said that, I can understand why KM would noy want to go through the hassles to do for Honda cars not sold by them unless they are paid a premium.

This is the first question I asked my PI. Since they are one of the few PIs who import their cars directly, they have done all every recall for their customers. Liase with Japan, ship the parts to SG, arrange workshop to do etc.

PIs who do not import directly may havr some difficulties though. So always ask PI first. Cars in Singapore are a huge investment, like all big purchases, always ask questions.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ad is a partnership and authorized to represent the brand in Singapore . Even if ad close shop the manufacturer Will also appointt another ad to settle your issue . Pi is reseller . It is just like sim LIM square handphone shop , close shop and such is all your problem . Certain issue and repair can only be dealt by ad as manufacturers will only deal with ad as their main contact point

For a peace of mind, go AD.
For wanting something diff but AD dun have. Then PI lor.

PIs also got two types huh? Direct import Vs Indirect import? I learnt something new. :D

Orphan

Reaction score
For a peace of mind, go AD.
For wanting something diff but AD dun have. Then PI lor.

PIs also got two types huh? Direct import Vs Indirect import? I learnt something new. :D

Yah, I also learned when I started calling up PIs. Thought the name Parrallel Import mean they all import. Turned out some will buy from wholeseller in SG who is the one that imports.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah, I also learned when I started calling up PIs. Thought the name Parrallel Import mean they all import. Turned out some will buy from wholeseller in SG who is the one that imports.

Thanks for the information. Higher risk for buyers whom get cars from these PIs who actually bgt from wholesalers in Sg.
Either one close shop.... Suck thumb for sure.

Orphan

Reaction score

Yes, I agree that if PI close shop then will have problem.

If KM close shop, another dealer will likely step in to bid for being Honda's AD in Singapore and will likely have a clause to ensure they will honor recalls for cars purchased under KM.

To present a fairer picture, this issue was under the spotlight a couple of years back where LCR didn't heed the airbag recall for thier PI Vezels.

One of the reason I questioned my PI.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/parallel-import-cars-in-the-spotlight-af

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes what I mean is also that certain issues and repair only ad can handle as the manufacturer will only give the solution and part and resource to them . But it is up to the ad to charge like a registration fee and such
Basically ad is like the arm of the manufacturer in the country
Even Aircon is like this I once claim my diakin Aircon warrently and the pe came down is from natural cool as they are the ad for the brand so the support and such is from them
Ad see pi is dig nose and said money u know how to earn problem don’t know how to solve

Yes, I agree that if PI close shop then will have problem.

If KM close shop, another dealer will likely step in to bid for being Honda's AD in Singapore and will likely have a clause to ensure they will honor recalls for cars purchased under KM.

To present a fairer picture, this issue was under the spotlight a couple of years back where LCR didn't heed the airbag recall for thier PI Vezels.

One of the reason I questioned my PI.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/parallel-import-cars-in-the-spotlight-af

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are not new to this folder, how can you not know? I have been niam-ing about buy PI car must buy from direct importer, for years ... years before the 1st Vezel recall in fact. Even I not around to niam also got people help me to niam :s13:

When the 1st Vezel recall happened and so many people panicking asking here what to do, that was the best sleep I had in years :s13:

But it seems people forgot all about it already, going back to which PI cheapest without looking at this sort of thing. I expect I’ll have good nights of sleep again some time soon ;)

Last edited:

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for the bigger ones or the CASETrust accredited ones.
A full list of the latter can be found on CASE webpage below (filter for "CaseTrust-SVTA Joint Accreditation for Motoring Businesses", it's the last 2nd option in the drop down menu)

https://app.case.org.sg/casetrust.plx?rm=results
As I said ...

Firstly CaseTrust Accredited doesn't mean a PI is a direct importer.

Secondly it just means all the accredited dealer's charges have to be laid out to the customer with no hidden charges. Well guess what, Car Times - which is in the list - was 1 of the first car dealers, if not the first, to make football money a legal practice by calling it "Agreement Fee".
CaseTrust means nothing really.

It just means the company has ”clear fee policies”, i.e. their ”football money” is listed as ”Admin Fee” or ”Agreement Fee” or other similar terms, and they paid a $50k bond to Case ... you think lar, 1 car how much, what is a $50k bond?

Orphan

Reaction score
As I said ...

True. It doesn't mean they do direct import. This one have to ask the PI.

What the CaseTrust accreditation does is that it means they are less likely to run road (ie must ensure they will earn more than 50k to run road).

My PI has no admin charge/football money. Also 0 deposit for the car. I only paid deposit for CoE.

While the cost of a car is more than 50k, since I only paid for CoE deposit they will need to collect CoE deposits (and don't bid) for at least 5 buyers to break-even their bond if they run road. And must collect more to make it worth their while to run road. For CoE, buyers can also check on onemotoring whether a bid was submitted. Best is they have 1 bid guaranteed no top up.

Also, be wary if the PI asks for large deposits.

Here's a reference article from a local PI (I didn't buy from them though):
https://www.venturecars.com.sg/blog-details/dont-be-a-victim--guidelines-on-making-payment-for-your-parallel-imported-car

Orphan

Reaction score
Also, since they sell ready stock, chassis and engine numbers are immediately recorded in sales agreement once I paid the CoE deposit.

So that's another 2 things to look out for. Ready stock and everything stated in sales agreement - engine + chassis number, all the agreed accesories (eg I got 2 ch iRoad Q7 dash cam, reverse cam, reverse sensors, sports rim, 7" pioneer avh-z5150bt HU, leather seats, solar film, custom floor matt, 5 yr warranty, 1 yr free servicing, 6 mth road tax). Now, all the cost of the accessories they figured into the selling price already, so it's not really free, they just earn less. Ultimately, they still need to earn a living. Can opt out any item I dun want and adjust cost of car accordingly. Their price was pretty good compared to other PIs that sell slightly cheaper but dun give anything. Maybank loan offered at 1.98%.

Got 1 other PI I approached give coilover, was was really attractive, but car price was more expensive by a few K. So they already figured into the cost one. Coilover I figured I would rather ownself get the exact one I like (1-2k), and it would be cheaper. Just won't be reflected in the OMV.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I learnt two more thing after i visited the I near by area... MUST SEE THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL STOCK and if they offer 1 bid guarantee COE without top up, make sure comes with a TIMELINE as well.

Orphan

Reaction score
I learnt two more thing after i visited the I near by area... MUST SEE THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL STOCK and if they offer 1 bid guarantee COE without top up, make sure comes with a TIMELINE as well.

Yes, very true! Best is they have existing stock you can see immediately. Gives you a chance to inspect any imperfection or test. I also sit inside and on the engine until it cuts to Electric Vehicle mode so that I can verify EV mode the aircon still cold. Open bonnet check engine oil. Ensure I can bend seats down for relax mode. Checked for any imperfections. Nit pick complain car dusty and made sure they groom and polish when they handover.

Then asked him which date can handover and commented innocently "This date you will write in the sales agreement hor?" Say outright first so that there's no misunderstandings later.

Maybe some ppl will find I too picky, but sure got other ppl more picky than me. Customer is king.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.