The Hair Thread - Part 5

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw how do yall know/test if your scalp is normal/oily/dry?

Hi! It’s just like how do you know your face is oily. Likewise for your scalp. For people with oily or dry scalp, you will know it if you are one of them. If you do not know, you’re most likely having a normal scalp.

nichsong

Reaction score
<Stickmore styling cream>

So. Just tried this out for the first time today, pre styled with by vilain sidekick zero and boy. This is some mad stuff. More rigid hold than clay fiber but with a noticeably lighter weight. This product has the closest strength to weight ratio to Indians clay that I've tried. I'll say it. The best performing homebrew product I've ever used thus far.

Clay is more adjustable and restylable due to it being slightly less grippy. But they both have amazing endurance.

Styling cream lasted more than a 14 hour day with a slight blast of rain and crazy humidity at the prudential marina bay carnival. A few strays came loose naturally, but the volume remains and the product presence is very much there.

Gripes?

Slight tugging during application. Natural for a product with such high holding power.

Washability wise, you'll need to use slightly more of your shampoo to completely get it out, but still comes out within one rinse.

I'll say it again. Best performing homebrew product I've tried.

The guys at Stickmore are mad. This is genuinely a brand that I will be keeping strict tabs on for their future releases.

Last edited:

jollyboi

Master Member
Reaction score
<Stickmore styling cream>

So. Just tried this out for the first time today, pre styled with by vilain sidekick zero and boy. This is some mad stuff. More rigid hold than clay fiber but with a noticeably lighter weight. This product has the closest strength to weight ratio to Indians clay that I've tried. I'll say it. The best performing homebrew product I've ever used thus far.

Clay is more adjustable and restylable due to it being slightly less grippy. But they both have amazing endurance.

Styling cream lasted more than a 14 hour day with a slight blast of rain and crazy humidity at the prudential marina bay carnival. A few strays came loose naturally, but the volume remains and the product presence is very much there.

Gripes?

Slight tugging during application. Natural for a product with such high holding power.

Washability wise, you'll need to use slightly more of your shampoo to completely get it out, but still comes out within one rinse.

I'll say it again. Best performing homebrew product I've tried.

The guys at Stickmore are mad. This is genuinely a brand that I will be keeping strict tabs on for their future releases.
Able to try again but this time with OS SSS?? Hahaha. If also solid I hoot liao

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
Able to try again but this time with OS SSS?? Hahaha. If also solid I hoot liao

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Should have no problems bro. With that level of performance it should work with just about any decent pre styler that gives structure. I've personally been using sidekick zero as I like the rigid structure and hold it gives, tho it is sticky and grippy. I need it for my fine hair.

jcw_17

Reaction score
first time using sss and damn, its crazy good. the brand is ref 323. thinking of using it alone without any other hair products.

nichsong

Reaction score
first time using sss and damn, its crazy good. the brand is ref 323. thinking of using it alone without any other hair products.

Welcome to the world of advanced hair styling hahah. Enjoy. Rmb the first time I used OS SSS and was like fk. What have I been missing out all this while.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Using SSS alone on casual days is fine. However, it is only providing the hold. But not the texture. So your hair will look voluminous but its in a "clump". It is still better to use it together with the main styling product (i.e. wax/clay). :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of advanced hair styling hahah. Enjoy. Rmb the first time I used OS SSS and was like fk. What have I been missing out all this while.

Yes, bro! When I first came across OS sss, I was very amazed too. :s13:

Supersinner

Reaction score
Need recommendations!

My previous hairstylist use to perm my hair using the straightener instead of the roller kind.

I find that the way he do is quite Long lasting (about 3mths for short hair) and has nicer curl.

Unfortunately he went back to his hometown and I tried asking a few salons but mostly don’t do this kind of perm.

Anyone has any experience?

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Abit not relevant but since I know this thread has the most guys who take care of their beauty, do y’all have any men facial products to recommend? Like face mask, toner, oil, serum, anti Aging lotion, etc. to recommend? Just started working and I can feel like I’ve age very significantly due to stress and work hours :(

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I share the same feeling. Sea salt spray & hair dryer is a game changer for me. Never looked backed since ;)

nichsong

Reaction score
Abit not relevant but since I know this thread has the most guys who take care of their beauty, do y*********all have any men facial products to recommend? Like face mask, toner, oil, serum, anti Aging lotion, etc. to recommend? Just started working and I can feel like I*********ve age very significantly due to stress and work hours
:(

Hey bro, I personally use the PC4men series by Paula's choice. Just Google it :) much more affordable than stuff like lab series. And it has been working great for me too.

jcw_17

Reaction score
Using SSS alone on casual days is fine. However, it is only providing the hold. But not the texture. So your hair will look voluminous but its in a "clump". It is still better to use it together with the main styling product (i.e. wax/clay). :)

yeah noticed that too. not much hold after few hours.

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad the conversations are back on topic, do continue to share on hair care and how to make yourself stylo milo.

Do share on:
- Hair products and your thoughts
- Styling tips
- Where to become stylo milo (ideally with pics to back that claim)

Do not:
- Actively promote your eshop or shop
- Affilate links

Cheers guys and hope you keep this place peaceful.

Also if it helps, I usually get my haircut at Sultans of Shave or Grease Monkey.

I stopped using Gatsby Clay cause it is clay and it does not wash off easily, imagine motor oil on hands. I had to literally use very very warm water to get it out.

Currently using Joico Erratic Hair Hair Wax and Sauvacito.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.