Does Polytechnic accounting courses teach about microsoft excel?

yvonnelim1990

Reaction score
Hi

Im just curious that does polytechnic courses for accounting teach microsoft excel? and to what level?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The answer is no & they should not teach 'microsoft excel' for accounting modules cause it is not relevant.

Hi

Im just curious that does polytechnic courses for accounting teach microsoft excel? and to what level?

yvonnelim1990

Reaction score
ahhhh really...how come not related? I thought if lets say need to join accounting or audit firm need to know excel?

hengheng98

Reaction score
Hi

Hi Yvonne. NP does teach their students Microsoft Excel. The module is called "Decision Support Application". It is for all business students. I took and completed it with a certificate in Excel 2013. Hope this helps.

yvonnelim1990

Reaction score
Hi Yvonne. NP does teach their students Microsoft Excel. The module is called "Decision Support Application". It is for all business students. I took and completed it with a certificate in Excel 2013. Hope this helps.

ooooo not bad la :)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u want to learn vlookup??

i took CET Business Studies.. they do teach excel but if u dont practice, u will forget.

DavidFhu

Reaction score
Hi Yvonne,

All companies will expect you to know how to make use of the Microsoft Office application. It is tough to have them to teach you from scratch.

If you want to learn more about the Microsoft Office application, you should check out the private IT school.

Look for those with govt grants, if you are local.

ahhhh really...how come not related? I thought if lets say need to join accounting or audit firm need to know excel?

yvonnelim1990

Reaction score
Hi Yvonne,

All companies will expect you to know how to make use of the Microsoft Office application. It is tough to have them to teach you from scratch.

If you want to learn more about the Microsoft Office application, you should check out the private IT school.

Look for those with govt grants, if you are local.

thats true! anyway I am just curious if polytechnic or university courses for accounting provide such training for excel;)

Lovekpopdrama

Reaction score
Which poly though? I was from NYP and we learn access and excel for one of our modules in year 1. If I recall correctly, all those in business school in NYP will learn that as it’s the standard year 1 modules. I believe it’s called “Business Software Applications”.
That’s applicable to NYP ah. Not too sure about the other poly.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
go library borrow book and learn step by step.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.