Treasure at Tampines

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
You mention inflation, but it is a serious problem for the government when our private property inflation rates exceeds growth in real wages by multiples. My view back then was that the initial rounds of cooling measures in 2010-2013 did not go far enough. The latest round of cooling measures is closer to the level of measures needed to rein-in a runaway property market. You can be sure if prices head for another 5% plus increase in less than a year, the government will definitely step in yet again and you don't want to be stuck with a property investment you cannot liquidate at a good price. In this regulatory environment, you need a lot of holding power if you are buying for capital appreciation and cannot depend on rental yield to cover your mortgage buying at today's prices.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Perhaps I wld like to share mine as well.

When govt first introduce CMs betw 2010-2013, they have to do it gradually and cannot straight away go too hard, too fast or go overboard becos it will have a lot of negative impact on property price. If go too hard, property price may crash overnight and those who buy during peak will immediately dio marginal call from bank. This is not what govt wants. They want to curb, not to exterminate.

I always like to think TDSR is the Mother of all CMs, the rest are just side kicks, even ABSD.

While you may think property price inflation rate exceed real wage by multiple, then may I pose a question back to u? Has our TDSR lost its effectiveness? How come so many pple’s loan still get approved when they bought at high price? Does that mean these pple have over leveraged and TDSR has failed as a good scrutiny tool?

Share with u something interesting.
Back in 2017, My Property Agent showed me 5 cheques he collected from his prospective buyers in a very hot project launched in 2017. Out of these 5 Cheques, 4 of them are 2nd property buyers. I’m perplexed and was wondering why so many pple so stupid and dun mind paying 7% ABSD.
Until when I Look at July 2018 CM, over 1k unit sold over one night just becos most buyers want to avoid 12% ABSD. To Them, paying 7% ABSD seems like a steal. Haha.
Look at the article reports on treasure now, some buyers are even prepared to pay 12% ABSD for the treasure. Very scary and crazy right? Lol.

One of the edwmers aphel14 had already summarized and pointed out the favourable conditions (in Singapore) explaining why property investment still remains as one of the popular investment proposition in Singapore.

Yes, nothing is sure win, but As Long as there’s enough liquidity/cash circulating in the market, the buying sentiments will still continues, though not as rampant as it used to be in the past. Thanks to our CMs.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
that unit is PH though. launched at +- 900psf. so % gain is pretty much similar.
anyways the subsales didn't reach anything too close to 1400psf, that's the last 100-200 units from developer sales.

1400psf is a bit optimistic for this project right now

U are right.
That unit is from 16-20 floor (highest floor) and the psf is lower than the rest because it includes the high ceiling void areas.
Currently, Kingsford waterbay on average is ard 13xxpsf for normal units.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
Look at the article reports on treasure now, some buyers are even prepared to pay 12% ABSD for the treasure. scary and crazy right? Lol.

Waiting to see how well would Teasure do... and how many are 2nd property buyers who're willing to fork out the 12% ABSD. :s22::s22: siao liao. Further more it's more like 12%ABSD + 3% stamp duty.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Waiting to see how well would Teasure do... and how many are 2nd property buyers who're willing to fork out the 12% ABSD. :s22::s22: siao liao.

Hehe I not very optimistic this project will sell well.
Maybe moderate sales nia. But we can’t deny it is one of the cheapest new launch. Should hv some supporters.

The moment I think of Sim Lian and 2203 units already turns me off.

Haha, let’s get ready our pop corn and watch the show. They are launching it earlier by 1 week.
23 March will know how good it performs.

Last edited:

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
Hehe I not very optimistic this project will sell well.
Maybe moderate sales nia. But we can’t deny it is one of the cheapest new launch. Should hv supporters.

The moment I think of Sim Lian and 2203 units already turns me off.

Haha, let’s get ready our pop corn and watch the show. They are launching it earlier by 1 week.
23 March will know how good it performs.

Hahha my pop corn is ready. I had a good laugh when Florence Residences flopped so hard. :D

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
My advice, no rush to buy. Chances are your choice units will still be available after this weekend. Price wise, you never know what it will be at the end of the year if only less than 10% cleared this weekend...

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
My advice, no rush to buy. Chances are your choice units will still be available after this weekend. Price wise, you never know what it will be at the end of the year if only less than 10% cleared this weekend...

Yep.. go to the showroom and look around. If there are barely any buyers then just walkout.

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Tampines MRT walking will take maybe 20 minutes.
To Simei MRT walking maybe 10-15 minutes.

Nowadays most wood is just laminated wood.
Water goes into the edges accidentally, especially in toilet, and the laminate will peel off.

Thats why i find it very funny when toilet has wood cabinet.
What is sim lian designer trying to do.
Which means after renting out for a year or two, the wood will degrade.
Going to spend money on renovation again.

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
Today is balloting sales right? Heard 30% sold already..

out of 200units launched.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come no ground floor units?

What are they going to build on ground floor?

Void deck?

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pippo20 mentioned 30% out of 200 launched unit. That’s 60 units sold.

Well, not sure what’s the official data. Let’s wait and see ba

30% is bad ?? 30% means 650 units sold ley...

If consider sold out if they split into 3 condo land as that site is 3 times a normal condo site

simonghl

Reaction score

If consider sold out if they split into 3 condo land as that site is 3 times a normal condo site

30% would be considered good if it's based on total units in the project but bad if it is indeed first phase initial launch of 200 units as what was mentioned~

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did you read the post that was quoted? Out of the 200 units released...

I wonder how many dropped from the cheques submitted.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.