Malaysia prepaid card

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
most travellers would need the sim & some data of course how much data would depend on staying for how long.
so wondering why in this thread seems like forumers are looking to buy just the sim at RRP? so even if buy RRP sim would still need to top up for data right?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most travellers would need the sim & some data of course how much data would depend on staying for how long.
so wondering why in this thread seems like forumers are looking to buy just the sim at RRP? so even if buy RRP sim would still need to top up for data right?

Most of the starter packs are bundled with 300mb with RM5 credit, those people who only stay for few days can use the RM5 credit to buy data and no need to spend extra.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
Happened to come across 2 OneXOX dealers in Taman Pelangi area today.

One is... on the same row as Restoran Kak Kak Dim Sum, across the road on the right of Plaza Pelangi.

The other one is on the ground floor of Plaza Sentosa.

No idea how they charge, though, as I didn't ask. :)

got the onexox card from the one at plaza pelangi. Shop is just opposite of the plaza. Same row as Restoran Kak Kak Dim Sum

Now got promo
Rm50 > 10gb season pass + 333mins talktime
All in > rm60 as sim card cost rm10

P1dc3rvl.jpg

pyERTwVl.jpg

UraQG70l.jpg

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DiGi Prepaid at (ex)Giant Nusa Bestari

If anyone wants Digi Prepaid with or maybe even without data included, check out the building where Giant used to be in Nusa Bestari (across from Tesco Bukit Indah), if you're in the area. Yup, Giant's closed.

Quite a while back, I checked with one shop and they'd Digi Prepaid at RRP, and also higher priced ones with "VIP numbers". I couldn't see cards displayed when I passed by yesterday, but they'd a Digi biGBonus banner displayed.

Can check these dealers here on the ground floor. Yesterday there's another dealer (handphone repair booth outside the cafe/restaurant) which had RM23 ones with the 2GB data + 1 month validity. I checked and that's the Digi RM15 data package, so that worked out to RM15 + RM8 (the RRP), basically no extra charge if you need data for an ongoing trip, anyway. :)

This booth, and a few other dealers stock other prepaids too, like Hotlink, U Mobile, OneXOX, etc. Didn't want to buy so I didn't ask the prices... that RM23 one had a printed sticker pasted showing the 2GB and 1 month's validity. ;)

Last edited:

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
got the onexox card from the one at plaza pelangi. Shop is just opposite of the plaza. Same row as Restoran Kak Kak Dim Sum

Now got promo

Can I check with you, so this is valid for 1 year? So no top up required for the next 365 days?

007Mi6

Reaction score
Can be bought in SG from a bro on Carousell

Now got promo

P1dc3rvl.jpg

pyERTwVl.jpg

UraQG70l.jpg

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with you, so this is valid for 1 year? So no top up required for the next 365 days?

OneXOX validity period is 28 months.

If you see his screenshot, the sim expiry is Jul 2021.

The 10G is available until expiry or when you used it up.

Of cos, you need to remember the OneXOX data operates on a 'bank' system. So if you use 1G per trip, then 10G will last you 10 trips.

cc2mss5

Reaction score

As mentioned, it's 28mths.

I'm got another new line as it is actually more economic to get new line than extend

My old line will expire this June. Cost rm25 to extend, think is 12 mths

But shop says better to just get new line which I agreed. Rm60 with 10gb data and 333mins and expire in 28mths ie 2021

10gb data if finished, can topup

One tip is to always ensure you have requested to STOP data renewal after u get from ur data

Last edited:

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
OneXOX validity period is 28 months.

If you see his screenshot, the sim expiry is Jul 2021.

The 10G is available until expiry or when you used it up.

Of cos, you need to remember the OneXOX data operates on a 'bank' system. So if you use 1G per trip, then 10G will last you 10 trips.

Wow! Sounds like a good deal because I don’t use much- mainly for Google Maps, traffic cameras, check prices of certain items online that’s all. I go into JB about once a month, so I think 10GB will last me a long time. So a one time payment of RM60 for 28 months, it’s 👍

Can I check what do you mean by “bank system”?

As mentioned, it's 28mths.

I'm got another new line as it is actually more economic to get new line than extend

My old line will expire this June. Cost rm25 to extend, think is 12 mths

But shop says better to just get new line which I agreed. Rm60 with 10gb data and 333mins and expire in 28mths ie 2021

10gb data if finished, can topup

One tip is to always ensure you have requested to STOP data renewal after u get from ur data

Thanks so much for the recommendation. Is this the correct place?
iruBThE.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow! Sounds like a good deal because I don’t use much- mainly for Google Maps, traffic cameras, check prices of certain items online that’s all. I go into JB about once a month, so I think 10GB will last me a long time. So a one time payment of RM60 for 28 months, it’s 👍

Can I check what do you mean by “bank system”?

This is briefly how the bank system works. To use the data, you need to withdraw the data from the bank.

So you can withdraw min 500MB data (valid for 30 days) or 1G/2G/5G/10G depending on your data usage. There is also an option for 2GB valid for 7 days.

The withdrawn data will expire on the 30th day. So if you withdraw 1GB but use only 700MB, the remaining data is forfeited.

If you dun use much data, then 500MB sounds like enough for each trip. 10GB can use for 20 trips.

Aresden

Reaction score
Is there like a simcard with long validity that charges per 100MB wan? 500MB/30 days like OneXOX abit overkill for me. Last time I used TRON but they closed.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
This is briefly how the bank system works. To use the data, you need to withdraw the data from the bank.

So you can withdraw min 500MB data (valid for 30 days) or 1G/2G/5G/10G depending on your data usage. There is also an option for 2GB valid for 7 days.

The withdrawn data will expire on the 30th day. So if you withdraw 1GB but use only 700MB, the remaining data is forfeited.

If you dun use much data, then 500MB sounds like enough for each trip. 10GB can use for 20 trips.

I see. Thanks for clarification! Appreciate it!

And one last thing- you can do all these withdrawals, top ups etc from their app right?

How’s the app like? I read the reviews on Apple App Store, it was quite bad.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, it's the least- liked among their top 4 telcos... Attractive rates but reception seems to be lacking. I personally gave up quite a while already.

I think umobile has one of the lowest reception? NSHW kept losing connection :(

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Thanks for clarification! Appreciate it!

And one last thing- you can do all these withdrawals, top ups etc from their app right?

How’s the app like? I read the reviews on Apple App Store, it was quite bad.

Yes of cos. You can do it via the apps (after registration your no) or through USSD code.

More info >> https://xox.com.my/support/user-guide/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.