Ask me any questions - Part 2

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sunroute is about 5mins walk from the Southern terrace, down a flight of stairs or across a bridge and use the escalator. Century Southern Hotel is along the Southern terrace. Do read the reviews, some feedback that the rooms assigned are small and cramp, which I have experience once out of 3 stays, I always choose twin bed instead of a single queen size bed. I heard the new JR Kyushu Bloom is nice, I have stayed in their hotel in Hakata before.

arfness

Reaction score
tx. Reviews say sunroute rooms are tiny and a bit outdated, i.e shower is not nice.
Bloom and Century are a bit expensive at $300-+ pn compared the $200/220 at the others.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far the twin bed rooms are much larger but I do believe they have diff sized rooms. I particularly like sunroute for its location.

thwysg

Reaction score
tx. Reviews say sunroute rooms are tiny and a bit outdated, i.e shower is not nice.
Bloom and Century are a bit expensive at $300-+ pn compared the $200/220 at the others.

I’ve stayed in Sunroute and Kyushu Bloom. As VD mentioned, the rooms are fine so long as you don’t get a semi-double room. Many hotels in JP classify single rooms as semi-double rooms. Always compare the room size when making selections. For me, I would prefer Kyushu Bloom as it was a newer hotel (3 yr+ old) compared to Sunroute. It’s an above-average JR business hotel.

arfness

Reaction score
I’ve stayed in Sunroute and Kyushu Bloom. As VD mentioned, the rooms are fine so long as you don’t get a semi-double room. Many hotels in JP classify single rooms as semi-double rooms. Always compare the room size when making selections. For me, I would prefer Kyushu Bloom as it was a newer hotel (3 yr+ old) compared to Sunroute. It’s an above-average JR business hotel.

Yeah i've been looking at room sizes very closely :)

The doubles all look tiny as you say.
Gracery for example : double (1,4m bed) = 15sqm , $950 total
Twin room = 24sqm , $1100

Blossom = 19sqm (1.6m bed) = $1150 on offical site - $959 on agoda... not bad actually

blossom maybe worth it for that extra bit of $ and newer hotel, closer to train.

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score
Yeah i've been looking at room sizes very closely :)

The doubles all look tiny as you say.
Gracery for example : double (1,4m bed) = 15sqm , $950 total
Twin room = 24sqm , $1100

Blossom = 19sqm (1.6m bed) = $1150 on offical site - $959 on agoda... not bad actually

blossom maybe worth it for that extra bit of $ and newer hotel, closer to train.

Closer to train? Equally same. I find Sunroute is easier to reach. On the nights when I stayed at Kyushu Bloom, I always ended up walking back to Sunroute. Not sure about Agoda, have heard that it doesn’t show the taxes until you try to book. Prefer to book direct with hotels nowadays and they always have Homepage (HP) and early bird deals.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IIRC, beware agoda doesn't include the taxes in the price u see, but at the total when before you confirm

arfness

Reaction score
Double confirmed on Agoda but going through to checkout page .. ok well seems good. Will convince the wife, thanks for the help ! :)

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried to search for sunroute for end nov and it's already OOS. Really sold out or haven't open for booking?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sunroute slightly nearer than blossom to train station. I stayed last july. Won't say blossom's room are big but definitely bigger than average and comfortable size. The bathroom also bigger than average.

I too heard sunroute is ok as long as you pick the twin room. Century southern seems more ex than blossom. My last july's stay at blossom was 330/night iirc. I think century southern is more than that?

And keio plaza's prices seemed to have crept up significantly the last few years? Heard ppl getting 300+ in the past but went to check for sept and it's 500+?

unity58

Master Member
Reaction score
Need some advise again.

For the kurobe option ticket, the validity period of 5 days is from the day I purchase? Or I can purchase earlier and activate it on a later date (say 1 week after purchase) and the validty period is after that? Anyone can advise as I am not able to get a clear explanation on this through the web.

thwysg

Reaction score
Sunroute slightly nearer than blossom to train station. I stayed last july. Won't say blossom's room are big but definitely bigger than average and comfortable size. The bathroom also bigger than average.

I too heard sunroute is ok as long as you pick the twin room. Century southern seems more ex than blossom. My last july's stay at blossom was 330/night iirc. I think century southern is more than that?

And keio plaza's prices seemed to have crept up significantly the last few years? Heard ppl getting 300+ in the past but went to check for sept and it's 500+?

Hmm last year I could still find standard rooms for Keio Plaza at ¥27,000 per night for May. Stayed there in last Feb for plaza deluxe room which cost around ¥38,000 per night.

arfness

Reaction score
Booked at Blossom, could only get the double room, it has a queen bed so i'm happy :) worked out to $245 per night booked on Agoda. Website itself and others were all 280+

walkwalkseesee

Reaction score
Guys, need some help. Should i travel from Shinjuku->Hakone->Kawaguchi? Which will be better? Will spend 1 day at Hakone and 1 day at Kawaguchi

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning for a day trip from tokyo to kawaguchiko.

going to take the highway bus from shinjuku to kawaguchiko that cost 1950yen 1 way.

I am booking the ticket online for the go trip however i am thinking if i should book the return ticket as well but only concern is i am not sure how long i will spend there.

Is it easy to purchase ticket at the counter from kawaguchiko station back to shinjuku? or high chance ticket will be sold out easily thus having to wait for a long time for nxt available bus?

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

going to take the highway bus from shinjuku to kawaguchiko that cost 1950yen 1 way.

I am booking the ticket online for the go trip however i am thinking if i should book the return ticket as well but only concern is i am not sure how long i will spend there.

Is it easy to purchase ticket at the counter from kawaguchiko station back to shinjuku? or high chance ticket will be sold out easily thus having to wait for a long time for nxt available bus?

Why are you taking bus when there's direct train now available?

Try googling for "Fuji Excursion".

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why are you taking bus when there's direct train now available?

Try googling for "Fuji Excursion".
direct train to Kawaguchiko is only twice a day, and super expensive. Not too sure if it is fully covered by JRP or other passes.
Highway bus is still cheaper and takes ard the same time as the direct train

thwysg

Reaction score

Yes, quite easy. There’s a lot of services back to Shinjuku. Just take note of the last service heading back to Shinjuku.
English timetable - every 30 min
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/1/

Japanese timetable - every 10-20 min.
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/1

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
direct train to Kawaguchiko is only twice a day, and super expensive. Not too sure if it is fully covered by JRP or other passes.
Highway bus is still cheaper and takes ard the same time as the direct train

Even though its only twice a day (to Kawaguchiko), the timing is decent and more comfortable than the bus ride. But I do agree with you, the fare is definitely more expensive compared to the bus. I'd take the train though, if I have elderly with me...

JR Pass can be used, but not for the entire leg it seems (only Shinjuku to Otsuki):

https://www.jreast.co.jp/hachioji/fuji_excursion/en/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.