Car Rental in JB Sentral

itfans

Reaction score
Update:
-Finally get the car from Hawk at ~S$25/day with CDW and Theft protection via Easyrentcars.
-Pick up and return was smooth. Only the car is a bit old, the remote key has low/no battery (Hawks said just need to manually lock the car) and fuel sensor is not sensitive.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Update:
-Finally get the car from Hawk at ~S$25/day with CDW and Theft protection via Easyrentcars.
-Pick up and return was smooth. Only the car is a bit old, the remote key has low/no battery (Hawks said just need to manually lock the car) and fuel sensor is not sensitive.

What is the vehicle you are getting?
I am getting a vehicle in Singapore for $220 over the 4- day weekend, including the charge for driving in Malaysia. This works out to be double the rate you are getting from Hawk. Of course, there are associated costs and logistics of getting over the straits which I reckon is worth my paying more this time.

itfans

Reaction score
What is the vehicle you are getting?
I am getting a vehicle in Singapore for $220 over the 4- day weekend, including the charge for driving in Malaysia. This works out to be double the rate you are getting from Hawk. Of course, there are associated costs and logistics of getting over the straits which I reckon is worth my paying more this time.

I booked a Bezza but they gave me a Saga - same price while booking.
The rate was after additional USD10 coupon deduction with Easyrentcars I found thru the web. I compared against Hawk official and its partner:Rentcars, Carflexi and Easyrentcar (best rate at the time of booking).

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
any car rental in JB also provide transfer service to SG upon returning the car?

joannerockzxc

Reaction score
Anyone has any recommendations for SUV car rental in JB? I have 6 pax and are intending to do a road trip to Malacca and back. I looked at Europcar and they are charging $190 for 2 days rental- a little expensive. Thanks in advance!

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any recommendations for SUV car rental in JB? I have 6 pax and are intending to do a road trip to Malacca and back. I looked at Europcar and they are charging $190 for 2 days rental- a little expensive. Thanks in advance!

i also keen to know too, can share ur research ???

also intend to hoot to KL @ night maybe

beanstalk6

Reaction score
All the big players in the JB car rental market are already named in this thread. Now it's a matter of your going to their portals with your requirements to obtain your quotations for making comparison. There are other operators not having an online presence, especially those also in the 2nd-hand or private hire market, so if you come across them, this forum would be happen to know.

joannerockzxc

Reaction score
i also keen to know too, can share ur research ???

also intend to hoot to KL @ night maybe

So far Europcar like the best option cuz website very clear but is expensive. $190 for day 1 morning collection at 10am, return on day 2 10pm. Additional surcharge for return after 5.30pm but never state how much. Msg them no reply. Citibank 10% disc.

Hawk- website not clear, dunno paying in USD or MYR. Price comparable to Europcar

Avis- no SUVs on my intended travel dates

Hertz/Sime Darby- no SUVs on my intended travel dates

Wahdah- most expensive among all

Tried other websites like easy book but they up price like crazy.

Looking for reliable ones though.

Last edited:

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far Europcar like the best option cuz website very clear but is expensive. $190 for day 1 morning collection at 10am, return on day 2 10pm. Additional surcharge for return after 5.30pm but never state how much. Msg them no reply. Citibank 10% disc.

Hawk- website not clear, dunno paying in USD or MYR. Price comparable to Europcar

Avis- no SUVs on my intended travel dates

Hertz/Sime Darby- no SUVs on my intended travel dates

Wahdah- most expensive among all

Tried other websites like easy book but they up price like crazy.

Looking for reliable ones though.

190 SGD per day is MAD price...... cant be so ex in Jb right ?

itfans

Reaction score
U may try search thru Rentcars and Easyrentcar(some disc coupons mayb available over the net). Booked with them before n found they are cheaper.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I did a quick visit to Wahdah and Europcar. Wahdah RM520 vs Europcar S$99 for X-Trail 2.0 for 1 day.

joannerockzxc

Reaction score
I ended up renting a car from Hawk and here is my review:

Collected the car on Sunday morning but there was only 1 staff working. Had to wait as he was serving another group of customers and delayed pick up by 1 hour. They compensated us another hour w/o extra charges. However during return, we were 2 minutes late due to the heavy traffic around the area and they threatened to charge us. Finally resolved with them after that. I would say it was an OK experience, but probably will not rent from them again unless I had no other alternatives.

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing with us your experience.
Am thinking about renting a car in KL or simply just grab everywhere or renting a car in sg and drive up.

I ended up renting a car from Hawk and here is my review:

Collected the car on Sunday morning but there was only 1 staff working. Had to wait as he was serving another group of customers and delayed pick up by 1 hour. They compensated us another hour w/o extra charges. However during return, we were 2 minutes late due to the heavy traffic around the area and they threatened to charge us. Finally resolved with them after that. I would say it was an OK experience, but probably will not rent from them again unless I had no other alternatives.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing with us your experience.
Am thinking about renting a car in KL or simply just grab everywhere or renting a car in sg and drive up.

Simply Grab everywhere or use the trains or monorail. It is pointless to rent a vehicle in KL to go around the city. Even if I drive into KL, I would rather park my vehicle and go about by Grab or public transportation.

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
Because going with the young one who is 16mths old. Wife prefers to drive ourselves because even in sg, taking grab with child seat always it available and taxi one kind always busy without passenger.

Simply Grab everywhere or use the trains or monorail. It is pointless to rent a vehicle in KL to go around the city. Even if I drive into KL, I would rather park my vehicle and go about by Grab or public transportation.

Nwadkh

Reaction score
Hi all

Is it dangerous/risky to be taking over the rental vehicle in JB Caltex area?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Hi all

Is it dangerous/risky to be taking over the rental vehicle in JB Caltex area?

This never occurred to me. I took over a rental car insight the Caltex station and returned to the same spot. How is it dangerous?

dawngel

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with claims from Europcar?

Long story short, have booked a car with Wahdah and opted for the pay later option (which means I have a confirmed order but cannot purchase the SLRO until I have paid). Then now, a little less then 1 month from my trip, they told me that due technical issues at their insurance company's website, they are unable to provide SLRO coverage for me, which means I need to bear an excess of RM20,000 for the car group that I selected. They have no other options for me to get full coverage and just told me to rent from someone else (bad first experience!)

So now, I urgently need to confirm a car. As I will be driving to Cameron Highlands with elderly and baby, and hearing that it is quite dangerous to drive in that area (prone to theft), I would like to get a full coverage (zero excess) that covers CDW and theft, as well as glass and tyres coverage and roadside assistance.

The policy wordings at Europcar is quite detailed, but did not state what is the excess and if I can get zero excess. It also doesn't tell me if their offices Malaysia provide coverage on glass and tyres etc.

I have written an email to them but would like to know asap if they have what I needed and if not, whether other car rental company has what I needed, cos really not a lot of time left to my trip. Anyone has any information or suggestion for me?

Appreciate your advice!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.