View Single Post
Old 25-03-2019, 12:11 PM   #1111
Senior Member
Extech's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,054
Dad have excess savings in *his* CPF account and have met FRS. Can he transfer part of his OA to that of his spouse as to offset the housing amount withdrawn(Voluntary Refund) from my mum's account?

I assume you mean your father has “excess” dollars in his CPF account.

No. Housing-related refunds are strictly on a cash basis. That cash could be from an age 55+ CPF withdrawal, but such withdrawals pull from the Special Account first, by design.
Thanks for the information BBCWatcher. We have some spare cash(60-70k) Would it be advisable to clear housing amount withdrawn via Voluntary Refund by cash then? Currently accured interest+principal is 47k, on an original sum of 30k-ish which was used to buy the home we are staying in now.
Powered by pipping hot SUNSEAP and Tuas Power
Extech is offline   Reply With Quote