Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
It's clear that when they say increase by 0.1% per month, and up to 1.2% per month that it stops at counter 12 and not infinite.

There is no mention of counter maintaining at 12 subsequently so it is obviously not clear thus I came here to confirm.
Never did I mention the increment is infinite, I am asking whether the interest stays at 1.2% until they decide to change the RULES/TERMS & CONDITION(if that makes you understand)

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no mention of counter maintaining at 12 subsequently so it is obviously not clear thus I came here to confirm.
Never did I mention the increment is infinite, I am asking whether the interest stays at 1.2% until they decide to change the RULES/TERMS & CONDITION(if that makes you understand)

Max out at 1.2% and stays at 1.2%. If not, I probably will be getting >2% since I had max out donkey months ago.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to continue keeping the lowest balance higher than that is previous month, if not drop back to step 6.

no need to be higher, can be equal.

some of us who have maxed the counters at 12, will withdraw the monthly interest earn to keep the lowest balance the same as the previous month, while maintaining the counter.

especially now that there's no more bonus interest earned above 150k.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What are all alternatives:
1) It drops to 0%?
2) It goes down by 0.1% per month?
3) It increases infinitely?
4) It maintains at 1.2%?

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
yep it is possible. but even if you have enough money to push it to 70k, the interest rate at the beginning might not be that substantial when the counter is low.

That also depends on the interest rate you are getting elsewhere so u have to compare and see which one is higher. :):)

Ok thanks bro. I will just pump 15K and let the counter hit 1.2%

And decide later.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
After reading through the posts, I believe this would be a good summary for those who still don't have $70K to put in straight:

1) Pump in $15K first for min. account balance, and let the counter stack up to level 12 (0.1%/month, after 12 months = 1.2% and fixed).
2) Leave the balance @ $15K, as even equal balance will allow the counter to stack up.
3) Once have enough to store $70K, top it up to get 1.2% + SiBOR rate.

Please correct me if I am wrong?

ryonee

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I'll keep 15k as the lowest amount each month... But the days in between I'll increase to hit 70k for base interest...

Just in case got something better as the counter steps up...

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading through the posts, I believe this would be a good summary for those who still don't have $70K to put in straight:

1) Pump in $15K first for min. account balance, and let the counter stack up to level 12 (0.1%/month, after 12 months = 1.2% and fixed).
2) Leave the balance @ $15K, as even equal balance will allow the counter to stack up.
3) Once have enough to store $70K, top it up to get 1.2% + SiBOR rate.

Please correct me if I am wrong?

You can do the above to build up the counter with the initial deposit of 15K and top up to 70K when counter is in your acceptable range.

Do take note that Citi might change TnC.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I'll keep 15k as the lowest amount each month... But the days in between I'll increase to hit 70k for base interest...

Just in case got something better as the counter steps up...

You can consider SC eSaver and Maybank iSavvy to save the hassle while accumulating the Counter.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have opened my maxigain account at a Citibank branch at mrt station. Account is immediately created as I have existing relationship aka credit card holders with Citibank. So those opening accounts please take note, no need to go to other Citibank branches to open. Mrt branches are ok too.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which mrt branch? Recently opened?

I have opened my maxigain account at a Citibank branch at mrt station. Account is immediately created as I have existing relationship aka credit card holders with Citibank. So those opening accounts please take note, no need to go to other Citibank branches to open. Mrt branches are ok too.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which mrt branch? Recently opened?

Opened on 23Mar at Woodlands mrt Citibank branch. I am Citibank credit card holder so account was instantly opened and account number was provided for me to transfer money inside.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Opened on 23Mar at Woodlands mrt Citibank branch. I am Citibank credit card holder so account was instantly opened and account number was provided for me to transfer money inside.

citibank20e_2x.jpg

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...-offered-at-citibanks-latest-woodlands-branch

Woodland branch has banking services

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I opened Maxigain Joint account last week at Woodlands MRT branch too. The account number was provided to me immediately too and i funded the account at the branch CDM.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.