Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think is hard even ad contract of delivery car is subject to coe lol . I think u are over demanding

Yes, very true! Best is they have existing stock you can see immediately. Gives you a chance to inspect any imperfection or test. I also sit inside and on the engine until it cuts to Electric Vehicle mode so that I can verify EV mode the aircon still cold. Open bonnet check engine oil. Ensure I can bend seats down for relax mode. Checked for any imperfections. Nit pick complain car dusty and made sure they groom and polish when they handover.

Then asked him which date can handover and commented innocently "This date you will write in the sales agreement hor?" Say outright first so that there's no misunderstandings later.

Maybe some ppl will find I too picky, but sure got other ppl more picky than me. Customer is king.

bh10101

Reaction score
Also, since they sell ready stick, chassis and engine number immediately recorded in sales agreement once I paid the CoE deposit.

So that's another 2 things to look out for. Ready stock and everything stated in sales agreement - engine + chassis number, all the agree accesories (eg I got 2 ch iRoad Q7 dash cam, reverse cam, reverse sensors, sports rim, 7" pioneer avh-z5150bt HU, leather seats, solar film, custom floor matt, 5 yr warranty, 1 yr free servicing, 6 mth road tax). Now, all the cost of the accessories they figured into the selling price already, so it's not really free, they just earn less. Ultimately, they still need to earn a living. Can opt out any item I dun want and adjust cost of car accordingly. Their price was pretty good compared to other PIs that sell slightly cheaper but dun give anything. Maybank loan offered at 1.98%.

Got 1 other PI I approached give coilover, was was really attractive, but car price was more expensive by a few K. So they already figured into the cost one. Coilover I figured I would rather ownself get the exact one I like (1-2k), and it would be cheaper. Just won't be reflected in the OMV.

yours is a good deal, with additional bodykit (based on past thread).

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to insist also on a definite date they willl tell me is by end of next month but subject to coe , but my coe failed but I am lucky to be given cat e instead , Another fellow buyer bid 2 time also fail also can’t get car , Kp to ad , they refer to contract and said it subject to coe

some buyers do insist the handover date, but not all

bh10101

Reaction score
I tried to insist also on a definite date they willl tell me is by end of next month but subject to coe , but my coe failed but I am lucky to be given cat e instead , Another fellow buyer bid 2 time also fail also can’t get car , Kp to ad , they refer to contract and said it subject to coe

are there 2 areas of concerns in your above post?
commit date of car delivery & COE bidding?

mentioned in the earlier post, some buyers do insist on the committed delivery date from AD.

& if to recall, any car purchase from KM during July2018 to Jan2019, the purchase do comes with guarantee COE bid with no top up required.

when was the purchase? what was negotiated from fellow buyer (eg. -$2k from purchase car price for non-guarantee COE)? :s13:

Last edited:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is delivered 2 weeks ago , but contract state by end March but subject to coe , bought in Jan as no stock

are there 2 areas of concerns in your above post?
commit date of car delivery & COE bidding?

mentioned in the earlier post, some buyers do insist on the committed delivery date from AD.

& if to recall, any car purchase from KM during July2018 to Jan2019, the purchase do comes with guarantee COE bid with no top up required.

when was the purchase? what was negotiated from fellow buyer (eg. -$2k from purchase car price for non-guarantee COE)? :s13:

Orphan

Reaction score
I think is hard even ad contract of delivery car is subject to coe lol . I think u are over demanding

Hahahaha, they give me 1 bid guaranteed bid no top up mah. So dun have subject to CoE. They no matter what have to conjure up a CoE for me. I count calendar next bid is around 2 weeks. I just say when is the bidding date and asked them when I can collect. They ownself gave the date.

If they don't state a date, legally they can wait for 6 months then do the bidding. If become like that, I won't be able to do anything to them. Best is everything agreed and recorded clearly upfront. Sign contract cannot be too nice, business is business.

Also, learned something more - they got spare CoEs which they have successfully bidded either that round or in previous rounds which they can transfer. Means they got do some sort of hedging one.

In the end coz I want them to do up bodykit before I collect, I waited 1 more week for collection as the bodykit shipping was delayed. Before that, they got update me on the dash cam, solar film, upsized sports rim, HU and send pics as proof. Also got tell me can collect first, then go back in 1 week when the bodykit comes in. I lazy to go down coating shop twice, so I waited and never really tekan them for the bodykit delay, just chased them a bit. They were able to deliver on time, it was my choice to delay.

Throughout the entire process, the agent very helpful, humble and polite. Of course, although I insisted on all these things, I was also very polite about it lah. They never gave me cause to bang table or raise my voice.

Last edited:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya need to have a good sa some is really zzz I remember the first time I buy car got admin fee of $1500 10 years ago I am like oh ok

Hahahaha, they give me 1 bid guaranteed bid no top up mah. I count calendar next bid is around 2 weeks. In the end coz I want them to do up bodykit before I collect, I waited 1 more week for collection as the bodykit shipping was delayed. Before that, they got update me on the dash cam, solar film, upsized sports rim, HU and send pics as proof. Also got tell me can collect first, then go back in 1 week when the bodykit comes in. I lazy to go down coating shop twice, so I waited and never really tekan them for the bodykit delay, just chased them a bit. They were able to deliver on time, it was my choice to delay.

Throughout the entire process, the agent very helpful, humble and polite. Of course, although I insisted on all these things, I was also very polite about it lah. They never gave me cause to bang table or raise my voice.

bh10101

Reaction score
Ya , but contracts state delivery is depent on coe lol , guarantee just don’t need top up but doesn’t mean u can get it

huh? do you mean the buyer will not get? even the COE is guaranteed?

or the buyer will get the COE, just before the car arrived locally for registration?

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya got a buyer didn’t get from what I know as coe bidding fail

huh? do you mean the buyer will not get? even the COE is guaranteed?

or the buyer will get the COE, just before the car arrived locally for registration?

bh10101

Reaction score
Hahahaha, they give me 1 bid guaranteed bid no top up mah. So dun have subject to CoE. They no matter what have to conjure up a CoE for me. I count calendar next bid is around 2 weeks. I just say when is the bidding date and asked them when I can collect. They ownself gave the date.

If they don't state a date, legally they can wait for 6 months then do the bidding. If become like that, I won't be able to do anything to them. Best is everything agreed and recorded clearly upfront. Sign contract cannot be too nice, business is business.

Also, learned something more - they got spare CoEs which they have successfully bidded either that round or in previous rounds which they can transfer. Means they got do some sort of hedging one.

In the end coz I want them to do up bodykit before I collect, I waited 1 more week for collection as the bodykit shipping was delayed. Before that, they got update me on the dash cam, solar film, upsized sports rim, HU and send pics as proof. Also got tell me can collect first, then go back in 1 week when the bodykit comes in. I lazy to go down coating shop twice, so I waited and never really tekan them for the bodykit delay, just chased them a bit. They were able to deliver on time, it was my choice to delay.

you have been really counting hard on your dates, after your purchase :s13:

bh10101

Reaction score
Ya got a buyer didn’t get from what I know as coe bidding fail

if the buyer make the purchase during the same time as you, then mostly that buyer could have negotiate wrongly on the terms, which leads to COE bidding failed and twice. :s13:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No I bought in Jan , car only deliver in March as no ready stock

if the buyer make the purchase during the same time as you, then mostly that buyer could have negotiate wrongly on the terms, which leads to COE bidding failed and twice. :s13:

MrBrutusguy

Reaction score
New Honda fit owner

Hi all,

I will be collecting my Honda Fit GE6 soon

Any recommendations to where I can bring the car for checks?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.