ASUS Pilot Program: Experience ASUS/ROG products

What do you think about this program?

• Love it! The community could really benefit from it.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Nope. Go back and think of something else

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Not bad. Could do with some improvements.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello HWC members,

Recently I came up with this idea to allow members of the forum and community to actually try or experience some of our products. This is a long shot because there are a lot of concerns on how this could play out.

Nonetheless, I got the go-ahead to proceed, with caution of course. :o Hardware Clinic is mostly about custom PC, peripherals etc. In fact, this place is where I learnt(got hooked on) building a PC all on my own. So as a fellow DIY guy, I thought it would be good to have a first-hands experience with the products that some of you might be keen in.

This whole program is based on trust between ASUS and members of HWC community. So for every sample that we send out, we need your help to ensure that the sample comes back in the same working and physical condition. As we go along, we may change some of the terms and iron out issues and stuff to make sure this program is beneficial for all.

We appreciate feedback, good or bad. We definitely welcome users to share their experience with us and the community after trying the products.

Before we start, there are some ground rules in place.

• Standard loan duration is 1 week. If you need a longer time with the sample, please make known when applying.
  • Loan is not guaranteed, subject to ASUS's discretion.
  • Please take care of the sample. We want more members to have a chance with it. In the event that the sample is damaged by user, ASUS reserves the right to seek compensation, up to the retail price of product.
  • Collection of sample for the first time will be via meet-up.
  • Subsequent collection/return can be arranged via courier.
  • ASUS reserves the right to, at any time during the loan period, request for the return of sample.
  • This program is on a trial basis. ASUS can terminate the program at any time and request for the return of all samples.

To apply, please fill in the template below and reply in the thread. I will drop you a PM once confirmed.
Forum Nick:
Sample requested:
Duration of loan:
That is all from me for now. I will be adding the list of samples available in the next post shortly.

Also guys! Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve this program. Really hope this can be successful. :)

Regards,
DS
ASUS Singapore

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
List of Samples

Intel Motherboards
ROG Rampage VI Extreme
ROG Strix X299-XE Gaming
ROG Strix X299-E Gaming
Prime X299 Deluxe II
Prime X299 Deluxe
ROG Maximus XI Extreme
ROG Maximus XI Apex
ROG Maximis XI Gene
ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

AMD Motherboards
ROG Zenith Extreme
ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
ROG Strix X470-I Gaming
ROG Strix B450-I Gaming
ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Prime X399-A

Graphics Card
TBA

Gaming Peripherals
ROG Claymore
ROG Strix Flare
ROG Sheath
ROG Scabbard
ROG Delta
ROG Strix Fusion 300
ROG Strix Fusion 500
ROG Strix Fusion 700
ROG Strix Fusion Wireless
ROG Pugio
ROG Gladius II
ROG Gladius II Wireless
ROG Strix Evolve
ROG Strix Impact
TUF Gaming K7
TUF Gaming H5

Monitors
ROG Swift PG348Q
ROG Swift PG27UQ
ROG Swift PG27VQ
ROG Swift PG258Q
ROG Swift PG248Q
ROG Strix XG32VQR
ROG Strix XG32VQ
ROG Strix XG27VQ
ASUS VG279Q
ASUS Designo MX34VQ
ASUS Designo MX32VQ
ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC
ASUS ProArt PA32UC

Routers
TBA

Accessories
ROG Ryujin 360
ROG Ryujin 240
ROG Ryuo 240

Last edited:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great idea! Some fellow HWZers may want to try out certain products before buying.

Some suggestions - (1) you might want to specify who bears the cost of courier delivery and return; (2) for high value items like RTX 2080Ti :D, whether you want a a deposit or CC details as security (not every HWZer is reliable, I've added a couple of them to my ignore list for reneging or MIA on Marketplace transactions).

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. Still in discussion regarding the cost of courier, especially for bulky items.

Might be difficult to implement a deposit system or collect CC details considering how sensitive it can be. At the very least, user will need to sign a loan form for the sample borrowed. And that is why a meet up is a must for the very first time :)

Great idea! Some fellow HWZers may want to try out certain products before buying.

Some suggestions - (1) you might want to specify who bears the cost of courier delivery and return; (2) for high value items like RTX 2080Ti :D, whether you want a a deposit or CC details as security (not every HWZer is reliable, I've added a couple of them to my ignore list for reneging or MIA on Marketplace transactions).

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asus laptop? If possible I would like to loan few models based on AMD Ryzen.
Do a shortwriteup as well.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good move but a very risky one ahead.

It is a good initiative to start thinking to loan out stuffs to potential buyers.

Cause not everything can suite a buyer needs. Things like Routers/Mesh setup is one of them.

Cheap motherboards to expensive motherboards, cheap GPUs to expensive GPUs. There are many things to consider especially for newbies.

BUT however it is a risky move ahead. You will definitely need tougher requirements to loan the products, but yet it can't be too tough else nobody will loan it.

And not to wet blanket you guys. You can never know what kind of items being loan out good and come back not alive. Knowing some customers actually physically damage the products. Some loan the products and then go MIA or rather, stolen.

Just to share a similar experience when i loan lens from a coy. I have to deposit minimally between $100-600 depending on the lens that i wanna loan. Apart from that, any damages i am still liable to pay for the repairs. Lastly of cause a $30/day rental is needed after 1 day free loan (This do not need apply to PC hardware). Make it a way that potential buyers are truly out there to try. Not some black sheeps that are taking the item for a spin and has no responsibility to return or take good care of it or some worse, don't bother returning it.

So may be for a start....

- A copy of customer latest bank statement, phone bills, utilities bill with address written on it. This allow you all to know who you are loaning the products to. You can't possibly loan stuffs to unknown people do you?

- Put a deposit system for all your items.

- Chargeable if item comes back physically damaged or go faulty

On your end, may be you can do things like, entrust loan programs to certain SLS shops. Allow them to loan the products from the selected SLS shops. This allow potential buyers to loan the products conveniently. Rather than just bear the cost of delivery or even ask a potential buyer to travel all the way to Asus office.

In all good move. But please ensure the safety of your own business and also to safe guard your products and also hopefully to prevent users from getting into trouble.

Last edited:

GoDSLaYeR

Reaction score
Good move but a very risky one ahead.

It is a good initiative to start thinking to loan out stuffs to potential buyers.

Cause not everything can suite a buyer needs. Things like Routers/Mesh setup is one of them.

Cheap motherboards to expensive motherboards, cheap GPUs to expensive GPUs. There are many things to consider especially for newbies.

BUT however it is a risky move ahead. You will definitely need tougher requirements to loan the products, but yet it can't be too tough else nobody will loan it.

And not to wet blanket you guys. You can never know what kind of items being loan out good and come back alive. Knowing some customers actually physically damage the products. Some loan the products and then go MIA or rather, stolen.

Just to share a similar experience when i loan lens from a coy. I have to deposit minimally between $100-600 depending on the lens that i wanna loan. Apart from that, any damages i am still liable to pay for the repairs. Lastly of cause a $30/day rental is needed after 1 day free loan (This do not need apply to PC hardware). Make it a way that potential buyers are truly out there to try. Not some black sheeps that are taking the item for a spin and has no responsibility to return or take good care of it or some worse, don't bother returning it.

So may be for a start....

- A copy of customer latest bank statement, phone bills, utilities bill with address written on it. This allow you all to know who you are loaning the products to. You can't possibly loan stuffs to unknown people do you?

- Put a deposit system for all your items.

- Chargeable if item comes back physically damaged or go faulty

On your end, may be you can do things like, entrust loan programs to certain SLS shops. Allow them to loan the products from the selected SLS shops. This allow potential buyers to loan the products conveniently. Rather than just bear the cost of delivery or even ask a potential buyer to travel all the way to Asus office.

In all good move. But please ensure the safety of your own business and also to safe guard your products and also hopefully to prevent users from getting into trouble.

How to ensure PDPA in this case that information will not be misused etc?

GoDSLaYeR

Reaction score
actually, when is this board coming like a rough ETA or something? Been waiting for quite a while

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Gives us a chance to try out alternative platforms and the convenience and even improvements of those platforms.

For instance, the ability to do a direct comparison between the Core i9-9900K and the upcoming Ryzen 3000's equivalent.

And the monitor. Making sure the new 4K G-Sync/Freesync 2 monitor works without a hitch with our current hardware prior to going out and making a purchase.

In a way, the idea makes sense. Why go for the competitor's 4K Freesync 2 monitor when you have tried out the Asus's one and know that it will work perfectly with your gear?

Great idea indeed. I look forward to it.

The idea of paying a rental is bad. It would be making the customer pay more for the product when they buy it in the market since they had to pay $30 just to try it out.

Maybe a deposit will be better? 1/4 or 1/2 the price of the item? And refunding the deposit once item is returned in working condition (unless item is spoilt but it was not physical damage done by the user)

It's the equivalent of free trial and since people have used it, it'll become free advertising to make people buy or don't. If they don't, things remain as per normal. But if people buy, you've just achieved free advertising through customer loan trials of the product.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While I think it is a good idea for potential buyers to try out the product, this is after all hardware that we are talking about. Depending on the person loaning it to test, your test products may be subjected to some level of abuse, i.e. being overclocked hard, worked long hours, etc... Points that you need to consider on how to mitigate such risks.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
my dream machine ; the best is ASUS sell it to me at 2nd hand price after testing

i9-9900K PROCESSOR
Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI AC)

Jqqube

Reaction score
List of Samples

Intel Motherboards
ROG Rampage VI Extreme
ROG Strix X299-XE Gaming
ROG Strix X299-E Gaming
Prime X299 Deluxe II
Prime X299 Deluxe
ROG Maximus XI Extreme
ROG Maximus XI Apex
ROG Maximis XI Gene
ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

AMD Motherboards
ROG Zenith Extreme
ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
ROG Strix X470-I Gaming
ROG Strix B450-I Gaming
ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Prime X399-A

Graphics Card
TBA

Gaming Peripherals
ROG Claymore
ROG Strix Flare
ROG Sheath
ROG Scabbard
ROG Delta
ROG Strix Fusion 300
ROG Strix Fusion 500
ROG Strix Fusion 700
ROG Strix Fusion Wireless
ROG Pugio
ROG Gladius II
ROG Gladius II Wireless
ROG Strix Evolve
ROG Strix Impact
TUF Gaming K7
TUF Gaming H5

Monitors
ROG Swift PG348Q
ROG Swift PG27UQ
ROG Swift PG27VQ
ROG Swift PG258Q
ROG Swift PG248Q
ROG Strix XG32VQR
ROG Strix XG32VQ
ROG Strix XG27VQ
ASUS VG279Q
ASUS Designo MX34VQ
ASUS Designo MX32VQ
ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC
ASUS ProArt PA32UC

Routers
TBA

Accessories
ROG Ryujin 360
ROG Ryujin 240
ROG Ryuo 240

Forum Nick: Jqqube
Sample requested:ROG Claymore
Duration of loan:2 week(or 1 week if 2 is not possible)

I'm new to Hardware zone so 😁. Is there any age restriction, I'm only 15 and built my first custom desktop using ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard, I have an ROG mouse and is looking to buy the Claymore for the perfect dream setup, but I'm not so sure how the Claymore would fit my small desk so I would like to try!!

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Inb4 PDPA complications because need to record NRIC in case loaners run road.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The initiative is good however the comments here are damn traditional mindset.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Actually, disty should have the stock already. Let me check which shops have stock for it currently. If there's a particular shop that you frequent, let me know and i'll check it for you. :)

edit: SRP: $1249. Available at Bizgram, Cybermind, Infinity Computer, VideoPro

actually, when is this board coming like a rough ETA or something? Been waiting for quite a while

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.