Reaction score
Qbay resale vs Treasure new sale

I listed the following

Qbay
1.Immediate occupation
2.Slightly cheaper
3.Too many competition around, Santorini, Alps,Tapstry
4. Quite Good facing not cheap also
5. Location is quite ulu. Used to go for BBQ. Need 20 min back and forth to buy a pack of ice

Treasure
1. Better location, still can walk to simei mall and mrt
2. Need to wait longer
3. Better chance for capital appreciation

Any insight please?

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree if "Those" referred to developers. I don't see the benefits being passed to home owners. You still need to pay for the baywindow and the room size is not much larger by design

Bottom line is they are still better than non liveable space.

reallyworry

Banned
Reaction score

I listed the following

Qbay
1.Immediate occupation
2.Slightly cheaper
5. Location is quite ulu. Used to go for BBQ. Need 20 min back and forth to buy a pack of ice

Treasure
2. Need to wait longer

Any insight please?

Pasir ris has a new development...by kerry property...

480 units only...beside white sands and cross the road is pasir ris beach...
480 apartments above three levels of retail space.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

I listed the following

Qbay
1.Immediate occupation
2.Slightly cheaper

Treasure
2. Need to wait longer

Any insight please?

There are a few areas I usually avoid.
One would be waterview, qbay, alps, Santorini, tepastry area cos not only the site is Super ulu, the price appreciation is not much and worse, there are quite a number of condos there.
Another area I avoid is the Pasir Ris condos, 5 CDLs condos (despite walking distance to mrt, but competition too stiff). Not forgetting other whole stretch of condos along Pasir Ris drive 3 like vue 8, stratum, ripple Bay, sea strand, water colour, sea horizon....The list goes on.
Another is flora drive area condo, though Some are FH status (like Carissa, dhalia, ballota, eldewise), there’s isn’t much price appreciation due to its Super ulu location as well.. who wants to stay near Changi prison anyway.

Treasure only reason that turns me off is 2203 units and by SL. If one decided to stay in condo, it needs to be exclusive, ideally, max should not exceed 700/800 units (in today’s context). Good thing about treasure is near round market and quantum quite Low. No issue finding food.
I suggest those who r still discussing whether it is walkable to Simei mrt is kinda pointless. Any place that needs more than 15 mins walk to reach can really forget about it. The truth is, it is not near at all. No one likes to walk under hot sun for so Long, let’s be realistic.

If die die want to stay in east, I always have a soft spot for district 15 condos, but unfortunately, it’s out of my Budget. I miss the seaside residence first phase launch, the price was reasonable back then in 2017. However, now the price there has reached 2xxxpsf, which is rather obscene. Meyer rise there even more expensive, easily 25xxpsf onwards.
So I would rather settle for D16 condos (tenah merah/Bedok area) instead, which is still near East Coast and would be more affordable to me. Mrt, shopping malls, eateries, hawker, airport (jewel, T1 to T5), good schools are all there. I see good potential there becos current psf there is around 14xx to 15xxpsf. (Seems reasonable, given Some D19 condo that’s not near mrt are already around this price). Not forgetting, jewel is opening soon and they are expanding Changi Airport and Changi business park which I thought many job opportunities r created there.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
saw the news yesterday on the mandarin gardens enbloc....they were saying can build 3000+ units...:s22: unfortunately cannot get 80%.

Also braddell view can yield 2600+ units...and these are bigger units in terms of average size under the new URA ruling...so every unit would have more pax since they are bigger.

cannot imagine the 'liveability' of such massive projects. :s13:

For treasures, i think it was still under the old ruling where there is no minimum on the average size. they were thus able to squeeze out 2200+ units on that plot.

Even if mandarin garden managed to secure 80%, they also can’t find buyers.
Bradell view enbloc can simply forget abt it.
Which developer can stomach $2bil enbloc sale since after the last CMs?

killershot

Banned
Reaction score
How about the older condos in Tampines like Eden, Pinevale, Trilliant and Citylife? Location should be better right?

There are a few areas I usually avoid.
One would be waterview, qbay, alps, Santorini, tepastry area cos not only the site is Super ulu, the price appreciation is not much and worse, there are quite a number of condos there.
Another area I avoid is the Pasir Ris condos, 5 CDLs condos (despite walking distance to mrt, but competition too stiff). Not forgetting other whole stretch of condos along Pasir Ris drive 3 like vue 8, stratum, ripple Bay, sea strand, water colour, sea horizon....The list goes on.
Another is flora drive area condo, though Some are FH status (like Carissa, dhalia, ballota, eldewise), there’s isn’t much price appreciation due to its Super ulu location as well.. who wants to stay near Changi prison anyway.

Treasure only reason that turns me off is 2203 units and by SL. If one decided to stay in condo, it needs to be exclusive, ideally, max should not exceed 700/800 units (in today’s context). Good thing about treasure is near round market and quantum quite Low. No issue finding food.
I suggest those who r still discussing whether it is walkable to Simei mrt is kinda pointless. Any place that needs more than 15 mins walk to reach can really forget about it. The truth is, it is not near at all. No one likes to walk under hot sun for so Long, let’s be realistic.

If die die want to stay in east, I always have a soft spot for district 15 condos, but unfortunately, it’s out of my Budget. I miss the seaside residence first phase launch, the price was reasonable back then in 2017. However, now the price there has reached 2xxxpsf, which is rather obscene. Meyer rise there even more expensive, easily 25xxpsf onwards.
So I would rather settle for D16 condos (tenah merah/Bedok area) instead, which is still near East Coast and would be more affordable to me. Mrt, shopping malls, eateries, hawker, airport (jewel, T1 to T5), good schools are all there. I see good potential there becos current psf there is around 14xx to 15xxpsf. (Seems reasonable, given Some D19 condo that’s not near mrt are already around this price). Not forgetting, jewel is opening soon and they are expanding Changi Airport and Changi business park which I thought many job opportunities r created there.

Just my 2 cents.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
How about the older condos in Tampines like Eden, Pinevale, Trilliant and Citylife? Location should be better right?

If my memory serve me well, eden is an EC with lease starts at yr 1999/2000. It’s almost a 20 year old condo. Would u want to buy condo at this age?

Trilliant and City life was built around the same time, ard 2015/2016. But I remember citylife EC had caused a stir a few years back with big units sold at 1.6mil. Many starts to question the purpose of EC as it was supposed to be targetted for middle income buyers with reasonable quantum.

What u are stating here are all EC at Tampines area. U will get bias comments from me because I’m never a fan of EC (cos must satisfy MOP) and Tampines area.

If trilliant u can get below 900psf should be alright. I’m expecting Punggol sumang walk ec to be launched more than 1kpsf.

Last edited:

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
Coco Palms only left with about 88 years. When it launched it is already 10 years lease gone.

I viewed a few 3 bedder, they all comes with huge bay windows. None better than the surrounding stretch of condo like Nv residences. It makes the usable space very little. I am staying in a condo with huge bay window right now and really hard to utilize. I never find myself sitting on it. Somemore you need to spend extra dollars to renovate the bay window , covered with wood etc. Plus road facing units have noise issue.

The livable space is actually less ideal than condo in Tampines area IMO.

Any comments?

Remaining 88 years lease not an issue if you think you'd only stay about 5 - 10 years and then sell and upgrade.

About bay windows I don't have anything to comment because that's more of personal preference already.

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If my memory serve me well, eden is an EC with lease starts at yr 1999/2000. It’s almost a 20 year old condo. Would u want to buy condo at this age?

Trilliant and City life was built around the same time, ard 2015/2016. But I remember citylife EC had caused a stir a few years back with big units sold at 1.6mil. Many starts to question the purpose of EC as it was supposed to be targetted for middle income buyers with reasonable quantum.

What u are stating here are all EC at Tampines area. U will get bias comments from me because I’m never a fan of EC (cos must satisfy MOP) and Tampines area.

If trilliant u can get below 900psf should be alright. I’m expecting Punggol sumang walk ec to be launched more than 1kpsf.

Got a recent murder case last year at City Life.

bjory

Reaction score
Actually if I would to looking for a good place in the below few preferences:
  1. Below $900K
  2. Near to eateries
  3. At least 2 bedder with 2 toilets.
  4. Above 600sqft

Around D16,D17,D18, I can't find a good development that can meet my criteria.

The Glades, Optima, Waterfront Gold, Waterfront Isle for 2 bedders already over $1M.

Anyone got any good suggestions?

light84

Reaction score
Trilliant is very good value for $$ if you are buying to stay considering the location, psf and already completed so don’t have to wait. There are some units for sale on resale market.

Disclaimer: i’m not an agent so please din’t Pm me

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
  1. Below $900K
  2. Near to eateries
  4. Above 600sqft

The Glades, Optima, Waterfront Gold, Waterfront Isle for 2 bedders already over $1M.

Alamak, u miss the boat, back then when grandeur park was first launch, it’s 2 bedder (667sqft) was around 900k plus.
Heard the last plot of land (in betw grandeur park and glades) is slated for another condo project. See if u r lucky enough to still get that kinda price. But I doubt so if based on current market/price.

D17, D18 is more possible for u, eg coco palm two bedder or those flora drive condo. But u shouldn’t expect much future profit gain from D17, D18.

Most of the good food/eateries/hawker are still found mostly at D16, tenah merah/Bedok area.

Last edited:

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
  1. Below $900K
  2. Near to eateries
  4. Above 600sqft

Can try D15 & D19.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
  1. Below $900K
  2. Near to eateries
  4. Above 600sqft

Yeah can consider D19... along Upp Serangoon Rd/Kovan area... if you have certain preference for the east, with Tampines Rd it's still quite fast to get there.

I've always liked Parc Vera as the layout is one of the more practical ones across the 2/3/4br. Only ~450 units, psf considered reasonable for me and there will be a neighborhood centre akan datang (Hougang Rivercourt) just across the road. You could even get super cheap econ rice at the old blocks just opposite. Arguably still not too far from Kovan/Hougang MRT. And... if you wait 10yrs, you get a nearer Defu MRT :s13:

But... it's Sim Lian also.. :s13:

Last edited:

kiatme

Reaction score
Trilliant is very good value for $$ if you are buying to stay considering the location, psf and already completed so don’t have to wait. There are some units for sale on resale market.

Disclaimer: i’m not an agent so please din’t Pm me
trilliant only available 2019 august, but yeah can consider there

*Sorry i got the info wrong, i messed up Trilliant with Arc, arc is available from August 2019, Trilliant is 2020*

Last edited:

killershot

Banned
Reaction score
The URA masterplan 2019 is out. According to the plan, there will be a healthcare facility at the empty plot of land opposite Trilliant and Citylife. Most likely a polyclinic, too small a site for a hospital I think. What do you guys think?

The British Council building next to Hitachi Square will be transformed into a residential site! Just opposite the downtown line! But dunno whether HDB or private. Will be a launch to look out for!

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Planning/Draft-Master-Plan-19/DMP-SPACE

TeamUSA

Reaction score
There are some units on resale which means they probably got MOP waiver. Price seems to be around 1100psf, which is considerably lower than Treasures. However I don't really fancy the layout of the Trilliant units and the Balconies are just too large.

bojangle

Reaction score
There are some units on resale which means they probably got MOP waiver. Price seems to be around 1100psf, which is considerably lower than Treasures. However I don't really fancy the layout of the Trilliant units and the Balconies are just too large.

as a resale buyer for EC, also needs to fulfill a fresh 5yrs MOP as well, correct?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.