Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

isimplywill

Reaction score
Headed to CC on Monday and had the following done for a Vios.
EO n filter change
Air filter change
Cabin filter change
ATF oil change
Labour for the above @ 50RM
Tyres BridgeStone EP300 185/60/15 @ 190RM each. Came with alignment.
Was told that valves needed to be changed @ 4 * 10RM for metal ones.

First time having the car serviced in Malaysia. Would not know if I had overpaid but it certainly would not be cheaper in Sg. Environment at CC was comfortable with Free WiFi to tap on.

Nearest mall would be Sutera followed by Paradigm for those who need to leave their vehicles there a bit longer.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EO n filter change
Air filter change
Cabin filter change
ATF oil change

First time having the car serviced in Malaysia. Would not know if I had overpaid but it certainly would not be cheaper in Sg. Environment at CC was comfortable with Free WiFi to tap on.

Nearest mall would be Sutera followed by Paradigm for those who need to leave their vehicles there a bit longer.

Good price....

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
EO n filter change
Air filter change
Cabin filter change
ATF oil change

Previously using EP200 and it's struggling to get a grip in condo carparks. Not sure if EP300 have this problem still, maybe you can let me know? Thanks ;)

funky05

Reaction score
Previously using EP200 and it's struggling to get a grip in condo carparks. Not sure if EP300 have this problem still, maybe you can let me know? Thanks ;)

im on EP300 now, previously on EP200... feeling now is better

jfkoh

Reaction score
Hi bro where to do alightment in JB ? Thanks !
Went to 1 shop beside Kings. Motorsport yesterday to do. 25rm.
Did rotate and balancing 4 wheel additional 32rm
Near custom should. Be 40-50rm? But quite ulu there.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

jfkoh

Reaction score
Sharing another lobang
Was at Jalan Bestari yesterday saw at least 4 tyre shop in a row there. Perhaps those who want change tyre can ask there?

Also see many workshop there, maybe some one can try and give review

Jalan Bestari 8/5, Taman Nusa Bestari 3, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

camotorpedo

Reaction score
Hi bro where to do alightment in JB ? Thanks !

Go for the "safety package" in any Hawk Tayar branch. It includes tyre rotation, balancing and alignment plus some basic checks (in case of any leak or spoilt part, it is up to you whether you want to change, no pressure) - for my B&B car it's RM 70 + 6% SST

https://www.hawktayar.com.my/products/safety-package

Usually I do this together with my oil change.

Last edited:

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys; any good aka reliable Tyre's shop at Permas Jaya area?

Need to change 16" tyres thou and maybe do alignment.
No information about the tyre's profile.

Helps appreciated.

Last edited:

hwsv07

Reaction score
Does someonw have a recommendation on where to change to a andriod headunit? Not audiophile here so no need too high quality.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does someonw have a recommendation on where to change to a andriod headunit? Not audiophile here so no need too high quality.

There is no high quality android HU.
Soon lee at Geylang 37/39 or Sheng auto JB

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys; any good aka reliable Tyre's shop at Permas Jaya area?

Need to change 16" tyres thou and maybe do alignment.
No information about the tyre's profile.

Helps appreciated.

Seldom go to permas Jaya.
Hawk tayar, save n safe...many out there

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

isimplywill

Reaction score

This car since I have taken over has always been on 300. Previously, it would make really loud screeching noise when turning in carparks with those smoother floorings and like urs would struggle to grip at times on those surfaces.

Never saw that as a big problem though and as what I was looking for is more on value for money, I went with it again. Also had the option of Michelin XM2 and Hancook at the same price. Continental would have cost 35RM more per piece.

Thankfully these new ones are faring way better and it is
kind of strange as the older ones had the above mentioned problems right from the beginning even when newer.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
This car since I have taken over has always been on 300. Previously, it would make really loud screeching noise when turning in carparks with those smoother floorings and like urs would struggle to grip at times on those surfaces.

Never saw that as a big problem though and as what I was looking for is more on value for money, I went with it again. Also had the option of Michelin XM2 and Hancook at the same price. Continental would have cost 35RM more per piece.

Thankfully these new ones are faring way better and it is
kind of strange as the older ones had the above mentioned problems right from the beginning even when newer.

Perhaps they had some improvements made over time? or maybe different country of origin.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.