NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

chlennis

Reaction score
I am currently AED T&L too! I’m also praying that I can get through this time! 😊

Anyone else an AED TnL over here? jus curious. i am.

To add on to the previous point mentioned about AEDs, it is true that recruitment for AED tnl has ceased. In fact, the AED tnls like myself are being made to attend job fairs after job fairs. So I am hoping to get teaching. =D

Good luck to all!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Just share something frm moe website from a teacher who is a mid career switch. For all of us who desire to take on teaching as a career...

“It is a meaningful job. But it’s not just a job, because at the end of the day, teaching is about developing people.

“You leave a huge impact on students’ lives. You may not become a star teacher, nor is there a need to, but deep down if you know that you have tried your best to conduct meaningful lessons, you know that you have done some good in your life.”

Mamimo

Reaction score
Good luck! Pls keep us informed of your outcome too.
Mine is pgde pri eng and maths too.
Went for interview 4th Oct 2018 , medical 27th Jan 2019.

Still waiting for final outcome. I wish they could just give us a timeline so we could plan properly. At this stage, I’m even prepared for a rejection so I can at least move on😂😂.

Maybe it’s a tactic to avoid ppl from applying within 6 months. 😂😂😂😂

Hi, my interview was on 13 Mar for Pri Eng&Math. The MOE website says we will be informed of the outcome about 4 to 5 weeks after the interview. If no rejection, earliest we will know might be in April? Will update here if I get anything 😬
https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/teacher-training-programmes/postgraduate-diploma-in-education

Mamimo

Reaction score
Oh no, are they phasing out AEDs?

Ex- Teachers are also saying it’s so hard for them to get back in the force, with school closures and all. There’s a glut of teachers out there 😅

Anyone else an AED TnL over here? jus curious. i am.

To add on to the previous point mentioned about AEDs, it is true that recruitment for AED tnl has ceased. In fact, the AED tnls like myself are being made to attend job fairs after job fairs. So I am hoping to get teaching. =D

Good luck to all!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Good luck! Pls keep us informed of your outcome too.
Mine is pgde pri eng and maths too.
Went for interview 4th Oct 2018 , medical 27th Jan 2019.

Still waiting for final outcome. I wish they could just give us a timeline so we could plan properly. At this stage, I’m even prepared for a rejection so I can at least move on😂😂.

Maybe it’s a tactic to avoid ppl from applying within 6 months. 😂😂😂😂
Oh dear, it's been a long wait for u.. Maybe u can call and ask them? Just a wild guess - cld it be they are waiting for some outgoing teachers to finish their notice period?

tttCWH

Reaction score
still waiting ;(

Went for interview on the 6th of March and still waiting. This is pure agony. :( Any idea on when they will call us up for medical? And also, any idea when is the cut off period?

Cheers

Jflrm6996

Reaction score
Went for interview on the 6th of March and still waiting. This is pure agony. :( Any idea on when they will call us up for medical? And also, any idea when is the cut off period?

Cheers
I went on the 7th and I’m still waiting too. This sucks:(

gomoq13

Reaction score
Don’t be disheartened. I’ve gone interviews 2 times before and the result turn out negative too.

This was my 3rd attempt. I don’t even know if I’ll succeed this time.

Keep on trying if it's what you really want. I know of someone who only got in after the 7th time applying. He either was called to come for interview or was rejected for those times.

mrskhalis

Reaction score
Oh no, are they phasing out AEDs?

Ex- Teachers are also saying it’s so hard for them to get back in the force, with school closures and all. There’s a glut of teachers out there 😅

Haha seems like they are phasing out AED tnl but nobody wants to say it out outright, being the diplomatic ppl they are.

And it is true that there is an abundance of teachers due to the merging of schools etc. Many teachers are displaced. i see many secondary teachers going down to primary school. Thus, the recruitment for fresh batch of teachers is not high in numbers, which is not gd news for us newbies who are trying to enter. =(

Usually ex-teachers wana come back as flexi-adjunct and you're right, its harder for them too. =(

mrskhalis

Reaction score
I am currently AED T&L too! I’m also praying that I can get through this time! 😊

Good luck Chlennis! What subject did you apply for? I applied for Art. I hope we get this teaching stint cos the other jobs moe asks us to consider are just not my cup of tea.:s11:

chlennis

Reaction score
I went for Pri Chinese.

I was rejected for so many times that I actually went to apply for MK and LBS. But sadly, after 5 weeks of wait, I got rejected for both. Wasn’t that upset because it wasn’t what I wanted actually. Just that I felt that it’s pretty hard to want to move on. Sigh.

So EO application is my last hope. :(

Good luck Chlennis! What subject did you apply for? I applied for Art. I hope we get this teaching stint cos the other jobs moe asks us to consider are just not my cup of tea.:s11:

chlennis

Reaction score
Yes thank you!
I will keep on trying even if I’m rejected this time round. :)

Keep on trying if it's what you really want. I know of someone who only got in after the 7th time applying. He either was called to come for interview or was rejected for those times.

matyoyo88

Reaction score
Just received an email requesting me to register my availability for the English Proficiency Test. Anyone has any experience with this ?

hellome21

Reaction score
Not sure if English O levels B3 is the criteria? Been seeing people that mentioned the o level grades!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
I did too. But it’s not a confirmation that I have to sit for EPT right?

I just got the email too. Its just to check your availability for the test, in case we need to take it.
But I hope this means it's rather positive for us? Anyone w experience can shed some light?

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Not sure if English O levels B3 is the criteria? Been seeing people that mentioned the o level grades!
Dun think so coz I scored A1 and I got the email. Or is it that we didn't perform well (language-wise) during the interview that they wanted to test us further?

hellome21

Reaction score
Dun think so coz I scored A1 and I got the email. Or is it that we didn't perform well (language-wise) during the interview that they wanted to test us further?

Nope! its just a message to all. if you need to do the test, they will email you 1 week before the test :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.