Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Just install n apply TC w yr police report. Once police involve, they got nothing much to chip in.

My case - spf installed cctv at corridor n few day i return TC letter saying illegal n ask me dismantle.
I told him police property, u dismantle lo... lol

What i did was I bring my police report to my TC the same day I install CCTV. TC approval letter will take a week to receive by then something might already happened.

So install first then apply TC approval. TC a bit slow to such request.No need tell TC about you already install cctv.

As with Police report, you could do it online since UML activities is consider not an emergency or life threatening case even if it's a death threat by msg.

Go bank and do parallel transfer, open new account and close the other. The more reason to do it since got hack. My worry is your account get frozen, then you don't have funds for daily expenses.

Adam0210

Reaction score
Just install n apply TC w yr police report. Once police involve, they got nothing much to chip in.

My case - spf installed cctv at corridor n few day i return TC letter saying illegal n ask me dismantle.
I had check pith SPF. They mentioned that there’s no problem of puttin a CCTV in your own without the TC approval. As Long as it dontbtake video of your neighbour house. As for flat. It’s in the corner. And there’s no house beside it. Except for a staircase. So I can put the Camera facing that side.

The only thing police mentioned is to be alert and inform my neighbours. That’s all. He haven’t message me back since yesterday.

I wonder how can we trap this LS’s. I think it’s time for them to pay their crimes and not just the runners. As the runners suffer. They have their faults as well coz they don’t have any choice. Coz they can’t pay. And much more worst is the threats that they get from them. It’s just a pity to see teenagers doing Runner coz of their mistakes.

If there’s like a device can trace the phone when they call you. It will be very useful in this kind of predicament. And we can able to Cathcart these people even I they are in or out of Singapore.

Thanks for the reply. I’m just waiting for few more days then I can change my bank account number.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had check pith SPF. They mentioned that there’s no problem of puttin a CCTV in your own without the TC approval. As Long as it dontbtake video of your neighbour house. As for flat. It’s in the corner. And there’s no house beside it. Except for a staircase. So I can put the Camera facing that side.

The only thing police mentioned is to be alert and inform my neighbours. That’s all. He haven’t message me back since yesterday.

I wonder how can we trap this LS’s. I think it’s time for them to pay their crimes and not just the runners. As the runners suffer. They have their faults as well coz they don’t have any choice. Coz they can’t pay. And much more worst is the threats that they get from them. It’s just a pity to see teenagers doing Runner coz of their mistakes.

If there’s like a device can trace the phone when they call you. It will be very useful in this kind of predicament. And we can able to Cathcart these people even I they are in or out of Singapore.

Thanks for the reply. I’m just waiting for few more days then I can change my bank account number.

If you don't borrow money from them, you will ended in this type of situation ?
Don't busybody.
Let's police do their job.

green72

Reaction score

TC confirm bochap one. Most likely ur neighbor complain. For me, I inform my neighbor that the CCTV is becoz of my predicament and to protect them too.

green72

Reaction score
Adam0210,

We understand your anger for the duress they caused. The taking advantage of your financial issues to trap you.

Continue to distance yourself rather than engaging them. Let's not create further problems and channel that anger to do good deeds.

Let's help your I/O and SPF to take them down by providing information everytime you are harassed.

By making Police report, installing CCTV and blocking ALL communications from them is the best pre-emptive strike you can do.

Timing is important, by the time they make their move, you are ready. Without any form of communications, they cannot harass you and render them a toothless tiger. Send runner, once capture face on cctv and get arrested, render them without manpower. Report bank account frozen, render them with no funds.

Remember, 999, is just a call away. This is Singapore.

Last edited:

Adam0210

Reaction score
If you don't borrow money from them, you will ended in this type of situation ?
Don't busybody.
Let's police do their job.

It was only a thought of mind. As there’s no one in the world that doesn’t need help or assistance. Even insects need that. We can assist SPF on this matter. As we can always keep a lookout for the runners. Or maybe more, the LS themselves. Everyone have only 1 pair of eyes. The more eyes the better.

LS’s will never end. As money is still the main item the we still use for everything. There’s always people in deep trouble that do not have anyone to turn to. It will be different if it’s like on the things that we have is what mine is yours. And what yours is mine. Like sharing is caring.

Just another voice in this forum. Thanks anyway for your help.

bellahanna

Reaction score
They start to call me and work place. I ignore their calls and watsapps. feel like wanna tell them off if want your money back, collect from me at the police station. haha.. but so far I don't entertain them at all.

CloudClau

Reaction score
What i did was I bring my police report to my TC the same day I install CCTV. TC approval letter will take a week to receive by then something might already happened.

So install first then apply TC approval. TC a bit slow to such request.No need tell TC about you already install cctv.

As with Police report, you could do it online since UML activities is consider not an emergency or life threatening case even if it's a death threat by msg.

Go bank and do parallel transfer, open new account and close the other. The more reason to do it since got hack. My worry is your account get frozen, then you don't have funds for daily expenses.

install cctv at the gate dun need TC approval , thats what the SPF told me

Curious19

Reaction score
Hi all, im Malaysian and working in SG. Having some issue with the LS. They contacted me after i submitted online application and i submitted the document and detail. Then my loan approved. Initially they told me monthly loan and now they keep pushing me for weekly payment. When i argue back with them, one of the LS went to my old Malaysia address and wrongly pour the paint to new tenant car and house and stick my picture there. I been contacted by new tenant about this and i told them not aware on this. Since as i know apply legally. I get advise from my one of SG fren and went to office address provided in the website and its fake. My friend told me its illegal lenders. Im willing to pay them the full payment on my next salary since i dont want any trouble. But they keep harassing me, today they say will send someone to JB address and burn the house. Im very confused with what to do. My friend advice not to go SPF. Bcs worried i loose my job. He ask me share here and will get some solution or idea. Seeking a humble request and please help to advice on this..

Mike-2806

Reaction score
Hi all, im Malaysian and working in SG. Having some issue with the LS. They contacted me after i submitted online application and i submitted the document and detail. Then my loan approved. Initially they told me monthly loan and now they keep
pushing me for weekly payment. When i argue back with them, one of the LS went to my old Malaysia address and wrongly pour the paint to new tenant car and house and stick my picture there. I been contacted by new tenant about this and i told them not aware on this. Since as i know apply legally. I get advise from my one of SG fren and went to office address provided in the website and its fake. My friend told me its illegal lenders. Im willing to pay them the full payment on my next salary since i dont want any trouble. But they keep harassing me, today they say will send someone to JB address and burn the house. Im very confused with what to do. My friend advice not to go SPF. Bcs worried i loose my job. He ask me share here and will get some solution or idea. Seeking a humble request and please help to advice on this..
Honestly your case is more complex for 2 reasons:
Firstly is u are malaysian and u may lose your job if you report to the police.
Secondly the harassment is back in jb. The only good way i personally feel is to negotiate with the LS.Hopefully those steady Ls in the 90s still exist and might let u off.

Messup

Reaction score
Hi all, im Malaysian and working in SG. Having some issue with the LS. They contacted me after i submitted online application and i submitted the document and detail. Then my loan approved. Initially they told me monthly loan and now they keep pushing me for weekly payment. When i argue back with them, one of the LS went to my old Malaysia address and wrongly pour the paint to new tenant car and house and stick my picture there. I been contacted by new tenant about this and i told them not aware on this. Since as i know apply legally. I get advise from my one of SG fren and went to office address provided in the website and its fake. My friend told me its illegal lenders. Im willing to pay them the full payment on my next salary since i dont want any trouble. But they keep harassing me, today they say will send someone to JB address and burn the house. Im very confused with what to do. My friend advice not to go SPF. Bcs worried i loose my job. He ask me share here and will get some solution or idea. Seeking a humble request and please help to advice on this..

You mean you work in Sg but stay in JB?

That’s why you gave them a JB address.

And you got the loan amount that you actually applied for?

Messup

Reaction score
Secondly the harassment is back in jb. The only good way i personally feel is to negotiate with the LS.Hopefully those steady Ls in the 90s still exist and might let u off.

Yes, under the sg law now, anyone on workpass found borrowing from illegal LS will be sent back to their country and banned to work here in the future.

I think there is a recent case here not long ago. But no news after.

And the complicated part is indeed the harassment across the border, so kind of tough nut.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Siao Liao...
You know how's powerful Ah Long in Malaysia compare to Singapore, no need we talk much about it.
Those steps you saw here in this forum is not applicable to you.
SPF can't help you and SPF has no power go over to JB.
Please make a police report to your Malaysian police and try look for this guy.
I think you know who is him.

Curious19

Reaction score
Siao Liao...
You know how's powerful Ah Long in Malaysia compare to Singapore, no need we talk much about it.
Those steps you saw here in this forum is not applicable to you.
SPF can't help you and SPF has no power go over to JB.
Please make a police report to your Malaysian police and try look for this guy.
I think you know who is him.

I ustd what your referring too. But i applied thru online website. The company name credit express at Tanjong pagar. Its stated legal lender and all detail printed in website its very detailed and convincing.

Curious19

Reaction score

But they not nego with me...😣

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ustd what your referring too. But i applied thru online website. The company name credit express at Tanjong pagar. Its stated legal lender and all detail printed in website its very detailed and convincing.

What is the website link ?
You are very safe as long as inside Singapore.
The loan shark can't touch or hurt you in Singapore.
Meanwhile your family or friends in Malaysia depend on the Malaysia police for protection.
Those method you read here change phone number, install CCTV and report to SPF are not applicable to you.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But they not nego with me...😣

Of course lah.
You look like below to them.

cashcow-580x358.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.