Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i put long term just tht i can take out if i want. the most i lost interest but SSB need to process and wait ma

DBS Multiplier = Salary credit + transactions in 1 category :s22::s22::s22:

Then maybe DBS Multiplier suits you better
Maxigain is really for people putting in cash long term

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i put long term just tht i can take out if i want. the most i lost interest but SSB need to process and wait ma

Will you be topping up to 70K after it reach Counter 12?

If not then you might want to consider other banks which has better interest rate.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
no dont think so..

but dont think other bank got so high ba? because some min is 20K

Let say Min 10K to 15K
CIMB SGD Fixed Deposit Account is 1.5 % p.a. (Min 10K)

Will you be topping up to 70K after it reach Counter 12?

If not then you might want to consider other banks which has better interest rate.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no dont think so..

but dont think other bank got so high ba? because some min is 20K

Let say Min 10K to 15K
CIMB SGD Fixed Deposit Account is 1.5 % p.a. (Min 10K)

Open SC eSaver (Single) and SC eSaver (Joint).

The Promotion Interest is only valid for 2 Months, therefore you need to toggle between these 2 accounts for the Promotion Interest.

The Promotion Interest for Feb and Mar < 50K is 1.75%

https://www.sc.com/sg/save/savings-accounts/esaver/

Do wait till 1st Apr for new Promotion interest rate.

Some forumers manage to have 2 single accounts and toggle between them too. You can read thru the eSaver thread for more info.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/standchart-esaver-5070862-56.html

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ehh solo le .. no joint

but someone say cannot open 2 acc

Open SC eSaver (Single) and SC eSaver (Joint).

The Promotion Interest is only valid for 2 Months, therefore you need to toggle between these 2 accounts for the Promotion Interest.

The Promotion Interest for Feb and Mar < 50K is 1.75%

https://www.sc.com/sg/save/savings-accounts/esaver/

Do wait till 1st Apr for new Promotion interest rate.

Some forumers manage to have 2 single accounts and toggle between them too. You can read thru the eSaver thread for more info.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/standchart-esaver-5070862-56.html

Last edited:

shpesft

Reaction score
Alternative: open Maybank iSavvy and iSavvy-Islamic. Can transfer the money between the two accounts every 2-3 months depending on the bonus interest promotion

Current promotion is 1.95% pa for March and April 2019.

ehh solo le .. no joint

but someone say cannot open 2 acc

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
minimum of S$20,000 le.. cannot.

Alternative: open Maybank iSavvy and iSavvy-Islamic. Can transfer the money between the two accounts every 2-3 months depending on the bonus interest promotion

Current promotion is 1.95% pa for March and April 2019.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u this cannot, that cannot

few weeks or 1-2 months ago ppl already ask u just put in CIMB fixed deposit for 12 months, can get 1.90%. now also still can get. if u put in that time, now already 2 months pass already.

continue like this another one year will pass very fast

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually for 15k don't have to think so much because interest difference not a lot. Difference between 1% and 2% is per year $150. Per mth $12.50.

Suggest you check out ICBC step up FD. The website is not so clear now as they don't display the tnc now. When I placed a few mths ago, min sum was 5k. Their normal FD min sum was 20k.

Maxigain is only good if you can topup to 70k after counter grows. If you don't intend to topup to 70k after 12 mth, not worth it.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s13: i already put @ CIMB fixed deposit but i choose renew 3mth tenure instead of 12mth.
I put 10K in 3mth ago, so i got $37.70. I had renew the next 3mth, so i will get $39.07 @ 1.55 % p.a.

So i asking if MaxiGain max counter is roughly how much.. if not as gd as CIMB fixed deposit. Maybe i will just close MaxiGain and shift all fund to CIMB.

The thing is i just only MaxiGain on OCT 18, not sure will tio fine a nt

u this cannot, that cannot

few weeks or 1-2 months ago ppl already ask u just put in CIMB fixed deposit for 12 months, can get 1.90%. now also still can get. if u put in that time, now already 2 months pass already.

continue like this another one year will pass very fast

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: i already put @ CIMB fixed deposit but i choose to renew every 3mth instead of 12mth.
I put 10K in 3mth ago, so i got $37.70. I had renew the next 3mth, so i will get $39.07 @ 1.55 % p.a.

So i asking if MaxiGain max counter is roughly how much.. if not as gd as CIMB fixed deposit. Maybe i will just close MaxiGain and shift all fund to CIMB.

Does that mean you have 15K in Maxigain now?
If yes, this will mean you have 25K in total? This will mean you will be able to do the SC / Maybank as mentioned above?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if u count like tht yes i have if close all :s13::s13:
But i dont want to fix myself with 12mth tenure because i may want to take out anytime if needed.

my maxgain is 4 STEP-UP (Feb)

Does that mean you have 15K in Maxigain now?
If yes, this will mean you have 25K in total? This will mean you will be able to do the SC / Maybank as mentioned above?

Last edited:

mdax23

Reaction score
:s13: i already put @ CIMB fixed deposit but i choose renew 3mth tenure instead of 12mth.

If fund also in OCT 18 and no take out, end of this month will be counter 5 :s12:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u count like tht yes i have if close all :s13::s13:
But i dont want to fix myself with 12mth tenure because i may want to take out anytime if needed.

my maxgain is 4 STEP-UP (Feb)

Wait till your FD is due then look out for options.

The Maybank and SC accounts mentioned above has liquidity and high interest which suit your requirement.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya coming is counter 5

This one not bad.
http://singapore.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/海...PromotionInfo/latestfixeddepositpromotion.htm

The maybank u mention is iSAVvy Savings Plus Account?

There is no point to keep Maxigain if you are not topping up to 70K.

Below is the link for iSavvy and the Promotion

https://info.maybank2u.com.sg/personal/deposits-banking/savings/isavvy-savings-account.aspx

https://info.maybank2u.com.sg/promotion/deposits-banking/fresh-funds-top-up.aspx

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.