Treasure at Tampines

TeamUSA

Reaction score
Yes, as its still within the 10 year moratorium period, so a EC is considered the same as HDB resales, to which the MOP rule applies.

I think MOP only makes sense if there is value unlocked after the 10 year moratorium, ie the price increase after foreigners are eligible to buy the EC.

rider83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I purposely drive there, treasure very near round market. Saw a lot eateries there.
Haha no need order food panda la.

Let me guess, you were there for morning breakfast? I was there too!

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
as a resale buyer for EC, also needs to fulfill a fresh 5yrs MOP as well, correct?

EC must fulfill 5 years MOP.

Resale buyer also must fulfill 5 years MOP of their unit (if applicable) before they can book an EC.

vclee4321

Reaction score

Resale buyer also must fulfill 5 years MOP of their unit (if applicable) before they can book an EC.

After 5 years MOP, EC can be sold as private but only to Singaporean and PR right?

I am looking at Arc @ Tampines. I saw 2 to 3 bedder going at about 900 psf.

Is it a better deal than the current condos around that stretch like Qbay, Santorini etc?

Any advice?

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
After 5 years MOP, EC can be sold as private but only to Singaporean and PR right?

Is it a better deal than the current condos around that stretch like Qbay, Santorini etc?

Any advice?

Yes for selling only to SG n PR i think, after 10 then foreigners

Better deal or not depends on yourself also, like do u like huge developments or smaller ones, etc etc

some cheaper psf but layout abit stupid also not worth it de

kiatme

Reaction score

Any advice?
You don't have much choice do you ?
Q Bay, Santorini etc are priced much higher than Arc.

bojangle

Reaction score
There are some units on resale which means they probably got MOP waiver. Price seems to be around 1100psf, which is considerably lower than Treasures. However I don't really fancy the layout of the Trilliant units and the Balconies are just too large.

if needs to fulfill 5yrs MOP even as a resale buyer, then think Trilliant 1100psf is not worth. As can get new Sumang EC also around this rate since have to fulfill same for 5yrs MOP.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Let me guess, you were there for morning breakfast? I was there too!

Hehe actually I not going there for breakfast, but it was a pleasant surprise to me that the treasure can move 272 units in one weekend, so I purposely detour there take a look and try understand some of its attributes.

I always like to reccee around to look for new/good projects, part of my weekend past time, hehe.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Any advice?

It depends on ur Budget and what u want.
I always set a benchmark that for an entry level EC and PC, price difference is around 250 to 300psf difference. If the GAP is very narrow and within your Budget, u may want to consider a PC instead as u will not be restricted by MOP/HDB rulings.

But u need to be prepared that Qbay, Santorini there can be quite ulu. Plus a few other condos there like Alps, tapestry, waterview....etc

That’s probably the reason y for those who are familiar with Tampines area, they rather go for new launch like treasure at 12xxpsf which is not too far off compared to EC price. It is near to round market as well but the downside is too many units and by SL. Some bros here also mentioned abt the heavy traffic condition etc.

With this, u can weigh the pros and cons to decide.

kiatme

Reaction score
I personally don't really like Arc@tamp, multi story car park, units feel very clustered together (clubhouse, the units, etc), and they don't have a playground.
Best part is there is a structure with a circle at the center with a plant in it, looks like they are building a shelter for the plant.
If you happen to go viewing for that project, go check it out, its beside the swing, it made me lol and wonder what is that thing for.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5 year MOP only apply to the first 5 years of the EC, there is no MOP if you are buying a resale EC from someone who has already fulfilled the 5 year MOP, only difference between resale EC and PC is you cannot sell to foreigner, can only sell to foreigner after the EC is 10 year old.

vclee4321

Reaction score
You don't have much choice do you ?
Q Bay, Santorini etc are priced much higher than Arc.

I personally don't really like Arc@tamp, multi story car park, units feel very clustered together (clubhouse, the units, etc), and they don't have a playground.
Best part is there is a structure with a circle at the center with a plant in it, looks like they are building a shelter for the plant.
If you happen to go viewing for that project, go check it out, its beside the swing, it made me lol and wonder what is that thing for.

I am actually not quite familiar with Qbay area. I arrange viewings for Arc@Tampines this weekend for its 3 bedder, from photos it looks like pretty crammed.

vclee4321

Reaction score
It depends on ur Budget and what u want.
I always set a benchmark that for an entry level EC and PC, price difference is around 250 to 300psf difference. If the GAP is very narrow and within your Budget, u may want to consider a PC instead as u will not be restricted by MOP/HDB rulings.

But u need to be prepared that Qbay, Santorini there can be quite ulu. Plus a few other condos there like Alps, tapestry, waterview....etc

That’s probably the reason y for those who are familiar with Tampines area, they rather go for new launch like treasure at 12xxpsf which is not too far off compared to EC price. It is near to round market as well but the downside is too many units and by SL. Some bros here also mentioned abt the heavy traffic condition etc.

With this, u can weigh the pros and cons to decide.

Thanks for the advice bro.

Arc@Tamp owners are only selling after MOP. If i buy resale there, what other HDB ruling still apply besides can not sell to foreigner? With the amount of ABSD, I wonder if any foreigner will buy also.

I am still new to the market and trying to understand the sentiment here. For me, Arc@Tampines is about 30+% cheaper than The Tapestry and location to me seems similar.

Few doubts :
1. Is the quality different between PC and EC? Heard some rumors but not sure.
2. Why would so people still prefer new launches and wait for 3+ years, rather than moving into a resale in a few months? It seems easier for upgrader /people selling off existing condo to buy a new one/people buying second condo and rent out the first one

Shed some light please?

vclee4321

Reaction score
Hehe actually I not going there for breakfast, but it was a pleasant surprise to me that the treasure can move 272 units in one weekend, so I purposely detour there take a look and try understand some of its attributes.

I always like to reccee around to look for new/good projects, part of my weekend past time, hehe.

I was there during balloting.Quite crowded. Most people chiong for 1 bedder and 2 bedder. Really selling like hot cake. Confuse me got people choosing unit nearest to PIE also. Probably investors.

Also got some 3,4 and 5 bedder sold.

Unit facing the street 11 seems to be popular. My number is mid 100 so not sure how the distribution like afterwards.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice bro.

Arc@Tamp owners are only selling after MOP. If i buy resale there, what other HDB ruling still apply besides can not sell to foreigner? With the amount of ABSD, I wonder if any foreigner will buy also.

I am still new to the market and trying to understand the sentiment here. For me, Arc@Tampines is about 30+% cheaper than The Tapestry and location to me seems similar.

Few doubts :
1. Is the quality different between PC and EC? Heard some rumors but not sure.
2. Why would so people still prefer new launches and wait for 3+ years, rather than moving into a resale in a few months? It seems easier for upgrader /people selling off existing condo to buy a new one/people buying second condo and rent out the first one

Shed some light please?

I think for tapestry case, CDL bid the land higher than those condos around it like the alps so that’s y tapestry and other EC gaps are larger. The alps during launch was around 10xxpsf while tapestry price range was around 13xxpsf. Bigger unit (4/5 bedder) for tapestry is ard 11xxpsf
though.

Initially, many agents advertise tapestry by using Tampines court (now known as treasure) as an example by convincing the buyer that Tampines court land is 20-30% higher in psf. Thus, there’s some pple believe in it and bought tapestry because they think the new condo at Tampines court will launch at higher psf.
Never did they expect treasure was launched at 12xxpsf recently (which is lower than tapestry average psf) because Sim Lian tries to sardine pack 2203 units together and that’s y they can launch treasure at a lower psf.

The above summaries everything about tapestry and treasure.

I try to answer your qns according to what I know, other bros here can also shed some light:
1) the quality betw EC and PC are rather subjective. Usually, PC quality is better. However, If the EC was done by CDL or other more renowned developer, EC finishing can sometimes be better than PC. So the developer is an important factor. I have heard the most jialat case for EC is the canopy, they can even find more than 500 defects. The most jialat PC I also heard before, like the recent news in la fiesta case. So really depend on developer.

2) the advantage of buying new condo is because while waiting for your new condo to TOP, the bank will disburse loan in stages, so that u pay lesser first and have more time to save your fund/cash before u go into full monthly instalment when condo TOP. This helps u buy some time in accumulating your savings. Another reason of buying new condo is u start the lease fresh. Old condo will have shorter lease left. Sometimes if the condo is too old, u need to spend a lot of money to do the make over etc.
Of cos, some pple buy resale because they can’t afford to wait for 3 years for new condo to complete, especially for those who have no place to stay, they need to rent a place for 3 years. The 3 years rental can be quite substantial. The advantage of buying resale is u can move in immediately or rent out immediately (if u can find tenant) w/o waiting. But u need to service the loan in full immediately as well.
Like some has pointed out, if they find new launch price is much higher than the older condo (assuming both are in same location), some pple will prefer to buy older condo cos cheaper. But bear in mind the lease left will be shorter as well. So in short, there’s both pros and cons. U need to understand your needs first before deciding which option is best for you.

Cheers :D

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I was there during balloting.Quite crowded. Most people chiong for 1 bedder and 2 bedder. Really selling like hot cake. Confuse me got people choosing unit nearest to PIE also. Probably investors.

Also got some 3,4 and 5 bedder sold.

Unit facing the street 11 seems to be popular. My number is mid 100 so not sure how the distribution like afterwards.

Congrats :D
Got one bro here bought the 614sqft 2 bedder at around 8xxk, with two toilets. His 2 bedder is the rare type, only 23 units all at 12th floor.
Just curious, how many bedders u bought? Did u managed to get your choice unit? U got kenna ABSD?

Last edited:

kiatme

Reaction score
You can judge the quality yourself when you go viewing, take a look at the site plan and facilities.

If you're not very hard up on the area I would suggest you see the bunch of CDL condos at pasir ris, some of them should be around arc's price or slightly more expensive but they're private.

D'nest - a lot of greeneries very new
Palette - big project, confusing blocks but good layout
NV residences - layout abit crampish
Livia - gives a very homely feeling, try viewing at night

vclee4321

Reaction score
I think for tapestry case, CDL bid the land higher than those condos around it like the alps so that’s y tapestry and other EC gaps are larger. The alps during launch was around 10xxpsf while tapestry price range was around 13xxpsf. Bigger unit (4/5 bedder) for tapestry is ard 11xxpsf
though.

Initially, many agents advertise tapestry by using Tampines court (now known as treasure) as an example by convincing the buyer that Tampines court land is 20-30% higher in psf. Thus, there’s some pple believe in it and bought tapestry because they think the new condo at Tampines court will launch at higher psf.
Never did they expect treasure was launched at 12xxpsf recently (which is lower than tapestry average psf) because Sim Lian tries to sardine pack 2203 units together and that’s y they can launch treasure at a lower psf.

The above summaries everything about tapestry and treasure.

I try to answer your qns according to what I know, other bros here can also shed some light:
1) the quality betw EC and PC are rather subjective. Usually, PC quality is better. However, If the EC was done by CDL or other more renowned developer, EC finishing can sometimes be better than PC. So the developer is an important factor. I have heard the most jialat case for EC is the canopy, they can even find more than 500 defects. The most jialat PC I also heard before, like the recent news in la fiesta case. So really depend on developer.

2) the advantage of buying new condo is because while waiting for your new condo to TOP, the bank will disburse loan in stages, so that u pay lesser first and have more time to save your fund/cash before u go into full monthly instalment when condo TOP. This helps u buy some time in accumulating your savings. Another reason of buying new condo is u start the lease fresh. Old condo will have shorter lease left. Sometimes if the condo is too old, u need to spend a lot of money to do the make over etc.
Of cos, some pple buy resale because they can’t afford to wait for 3 years for new condo to complete, especially for those who have no place to stay, they need to rent a place for 3 years. The 3 years rental can be quite substantial. The advantage of buying resale is u can move in immediately or rent out immediately (if u can find tenant) w/o waiting. But u need to service the loan in full immediately as well.
Like some has pointed out, if they find new launch price is much higher than the older condo (assuming both are in same location), some pple will prefer to buy older condo cos cheaper. But bear in mind the lease left will be shorter as well. So in short, there’s both pros and cons. U need to understand your needs first before deciding which option is best for you.

Cheers :D

Congrats :D
Got one bro here bought the 614sqft 2 bedder at around 8xxk, with two toilets. His 2 bedder is the rare type, only 23 units all at 12th floor.
Just curious, how many bedders u bought? Did u managed to get your choice unit? U got kenna ABSD?

Thanks bro. You analysis is great.

I am looking at 3 bedder premium so the competition for me is not really there. I eyed on the stack in the middle of the project, can see the street 11 and probably the community club.

Other 3 bedder offers pool view but personally i dont like to be too close to the opposite block looking into other people's house all the time. Plus i think the middle block can see the pool also.

I noticed this few stacks are popular probably they share the same thoughts. I heard my choice stack mid to high floor sold 3-4 units during the launch.

However, I did not commit as the price is slightly above my exception, but yet considered okay when compared to The Tapestry or Coco Palm resale.
Also the design and quality of the showflat is quite average, although quite livable.

I am staying in a 2 bedder at central area right now, considered upmarket and done by renown developer so far i am quite happy with the quality and finishing. I also stayed in Tampines HDB for very long and happy too. So i guess i dont really have good sense in this.

My agent tried to convince me that suburb condo is similar and given the price tag i cant ask for too much....so i need to see a few more condo with my own eyes instead of jumping into conclusion.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.