NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

poodleparade

Reaction score
Oh god. If i didnt receive this email does this mean i didnt get shortlisted?? Went for interview on march 4th 2019. Still no update sighhh.

Same here. I went for the interview on 21 March. I'm just hoping that it is being sent out in alphabetical order. My name is literally near the end of the alphabet so... :spin:

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Oh god. If i didnt receive this email does this mean i didnt get shortlisted?? Went for interview on march 4th 2019. Still no update sighhh.
Pls dun despair, it most prob does not imply being shortlisted or not. Another school of thought is they might send out the EPT emails to those who are mid careers? As in we wld hv left school for quite a no.of yrs so EPT might be necessary? Let us all continue to wait n not be unduly concerned over this email as of now.

Tigerdragon

Reaction score
I applied during the Sep 18 window.
Got shortlisted for interview on 21th September
went for the interview in mid Oct
Received the medical on 22nd Nov
received the possible offer last friday at around 5pm.

my application was for PGDE(SEC).
Hopefully it helps.
Hi Ceslium-137 did you ever receive the English Proficiency Test email before you were requested to do your medical?

mrskhalis

Reaction score
I applied for PGDE art. I got no EPT too =(.:s11:

if theres anyone that applied same as me but has RECEIVED ept, do update. thanks!

chlennis

Reaction score
Sad. I didn’t receive any email for EPT. But mine is Chinese, hope I’ll received the email soon.

I applied for PGDE art. I got no EPT too =(.:s11:

if theres anyone that applied same as me but has RECEIVED ept, do update. thanks!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Actually the question here shld be about the significance of receiving the EPT availability email(which may not mean u need to do EPT) , not about whether required to do EPT.

mrskhalis

Reaction score
Hey mrskhalis,

I applied for art pdge as well and received the ept email yesterday. Dont be disheartened, there were people who went for ept and were still rejected. And there were also people who were not required to go ept and accepted. So we dont really know how the system works :)

Oh hi there fellow art applicant! now that you say is that way, i guess i stil have hope!:s13:

mrskhalis

Reaction score
Sad. I didn’t receive any email for EPT. But mine is Chinese, hope I’ll received the email soon.

Hi Chlennis! dont give up hope yet. I also have no email. but another person said EPT is not a determining factor. think positive ya? i am also trying to be positive although its so difficult. haha

abbs94

Reaction score
Timeline

Received my offer letter from the Ministry yesterday.

Here is my timeline:
Nov 18: Interview
Dec 18: EL EPT
Jan 19: EL EPT Results
Feb 19: Medical Check-Up
March 19: Offer Letter

For EL EPT: I asked if my NUS English for Academic Purpose Modules could cover/exempt me for EL EPT, they replied saying that the EL EPT does not have exemption criteria. If you are asked to sit for it, you must sit and pass it to be further considered for employment. EL EPT cost $110.

Hope this timeline is helpful.

All the best to the everyone waiting. Do note that no news is indeed good news.

matyoyo88

Reaction score

Here is my timeline:

For EL EPT: I asked if my NUS English for Academic Purpose Modules could cover/exempt me for EL EPT, they replied saying that the EL EPT does not have exemption criteria. If you are asked to sit for it, you must sit and pass it to be further considered for employment. EL EPT cost $110.

Thx for your reply. Are you a fresh graduate (or going to graduate)? That is quite a long timeline.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score

Here is my timeline:

Hi abbs94, congrats n thks for sharing! May I know what subjects are u offered and when will u start yo teaching stint?
Agree w matyoyo88 that the time line w EPT is long and very tight for teaching stint to start in june/July this year.

abbs94

Reaction score
Hi abbs94, congrats n thks for sharing! May I know what subjects are u offered and when will u start yo teaching stint?
Agree w matyoyo88 that the time line w EPT is long and very tight for teaching stint to start in june/July this year.

Thank you.

Secondary school Mathematics and Chemistry. Will start in Term 3.

pinkorange01

Reaction score
Hi guys,im mid career too and i got the ept availability ytd. they prolly jusy send that to mid careers & o lvl <B3?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.