Treasure at Tampines

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks bro. You analysis is great.

I am looking at 3 bedder premium so the competition for me is not really there. I eyed on the stack in the middle of the project, can see the street 11 and probably the community club.

Other 3 bedder offers pool view but personally i dont like to be too close to the opposite block looking into other people's house all the time. Plus i think the middle block can see the pool also.

I noticed this few stacks are popular probably they share the same thoughts. I heard my choice stack mid to high floor sold 3-4 units during the launch.

However, I did not commit as the price is slightly above my exception, but yet considered okay when compared to The Tapestry or Coco Palm resale.
Also the design and quality of the showflat is quite average, although quite livable.

I am staying in a 2 bedder at central area right now, considered upmarket and done by renown developer so far i am quite happy with the quality and finishing. I also stayed in Tampines HDB for very long and happy too. So i guess i dont really have good sense in this.

My agent tried to convince me that suburb condo is similar and given the price tag i cant ask for too much....so i need to see a few more condo with my own eyes instead of jumping into conclusion.

Just to clarify, from what I read, u r currently staying in a 2 bedder condo and by the way, r u also holding on to a HDB?
What’s your main motivation of buying a new condo at suburb area since u mentioned u r now stay at a condo in The Central? Care to share what’s ur Budget?
If u decided to buy a suburb condo, are u intending to hold on your current property as well?
I’m asking cos I’m concerned on the ABSD u may incur if u decided to keep all.
u dun seems to look like a newbie in property

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. You analysis is great.

I am looking at 3 bedder premium so the competition for me is not really there. I eyed on the stack in the middle of the project, can see the street 11 and probably the community club.

Other 3 bedder offers pool view but personally i dont like to be too close to the opposite block looking into other people's house all the time. Plus i think the middle block can see the pool also.

I noticed this few stacks are popular probably they share the same thoughts. I heard my choice stack mid to high floor sold 3-4 units during the launch.

However, I did not commit as the price is slightly above my exception, but yet considered okay when compared to The Tapestry or Coco Palm resale.
Also the design and quality of the showflat is quite average, although quite livable.

I am staying in a 2 bedder at central area right now, considered upmarket and done by renown developer so far i am quite happy with the quality and finishing. I also stayed in Tampines HDB for very long and happy too. So i guess i dont really have good sense in this.

My agent tried to convince me that suburb condo is similar and given the price tag i cant ask for too much....so i need to see a few more condo with my own eyes instead of jumping into conclusion.

That is why one needs a clear mind when making such huge decision. I have met ‘roti prata’before. Kept pestering me to buy residential and when I showed them residential market is down, they flipped over ‘ that is why you should sell all the residential you own and start buying commercial’. They flip and flop just hoping to catch some fish. So Beware when talking to people who are vested in your decision in their favour.

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I try to answer your qns according to what I know, other bros here can also shed some light:
1) the quality betw EC and PC are rather subjective. Usually, PC quality is better. However, If the EC was done by CDL or other more renowned developer, EC finishing can sometimes be better than PC. So the developer is an important factor. I have heard the most jialat case for EC is the canopy, they can even find more than 500 defects. The most jialat PC I also heard before, like the recent news in la fiesta case. So really depend on developer.
Recently, there are quite a numbers of video found in utube posted by ppty agent on condo walk through, can be easier for buyer to view those pjt on wat kind of finishing they are using, not all PC are having same level of quality finishing.

2) the advantage of buying new condo is because while waiting for your new condo to TOP, the bank will disburse loan in stages, so that u pay lesser first and have more time to save your fund/cash before u go into full monthly instalment when condo TOP. This helps u buy some time in accumulating your savings. Another reason of buying new condo is u start the lease fresh. Old condo will have shorter lease left.
Bulk of the principal came after TOP and last 15%, by then 4 to 5 years had past, the remain years will absorb bulk of the loan. Yes, you have time to save up yr bullets, pro and con.

Clazav

Reaction score
I find that there is a gap between tampines and Pasir Ris. Even though they are just neighbours, Pasir Ris will need quite some time to, or even never able to match up with the popularity of tampines. With the announcement of the cross island line station and the sale tender beside Pasir Ris mrt Station, when realised, still not as attractive compared to tampines.

You can judge the quality yourself when you go viewing, take a look at the site plan and facilities.

If you're not very hard up on the area I would suggest you see the bunch of CDL condos at pasir ris, some of them should be around arc's price or slightly more expensive but they're private.

D'nest - a lot of greeneries very new
Palette - big project, confusing blocks but good layout
NV residences - layout abit crampish
Livia - gives a very homely feeling, try viewing at night

rider83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can judge the quality yourself when you go viewing, take a look at the site plan and facilities.

If you're not very hard up on the area I would suggest you see the bunch of CDL condos at pasir ris, some of them should be around arc's price or slightly more expensive but they're private.

D'nest - a lot of greeneries very new
Palette - big project, confusing blocks but good layout
NV residences - layout abit crampish
Livia - gives a very homely feeling, try viewing at night

Maybe you can consider Ripple Bay. I feel the units there are well spaced out and the whole project is very spacious

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I find that there is a gap between tampines and Pasir Ris. Even though they are just neighbours, Pasir Ris will need quite some time to, or even never able to match up with the popularity of tampines. With the announcement of the cross island line station and the sale tender beside Pasir Ris mrt Station, when realised, still not as attractive compared to tampines.

Hehe I also noticed that.
Tampines seems like a more sought after area compared to Pasir Ris.
Perhaps it’s also because Tampines got more amenities like the 3 big Malls, nice hawker food at round market and Blk 201. Tampines also have a few other attributes like offices (Cpf building, banks area), and also ikea, giant, courts.

Pasir Ris seems more like a quieter place with whitesand mall, though Pasir Ris also got nice food like drive 6, downtown east area.

Compared betw both, Pasir Ris is packed with many condos. Tampines more of ECs and DBSS around/near The Central part.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agent don’t want to do free work for you. Later also no money pay comm damn headache one

Agents all here talk until tiger come out chase dragon and cross all swords and shield pi pi pan pan every sparkling yet none of the agent willing to help a man who sincerely looking for a landed? :o I am asking for agent who can walk me through and helping me find a landed at my budget to fulfill my dream of owning a private property. :o Just help and not slashing part of their body what. :o

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agents all here talk until tiger come out chase dragon and cross all swords and shield pi pi pan pan every sparkling yet none of the agent willing to help a man who sincerely looking for a landed? :o I am asking for agent who can walk me through and helping me find a landed at my budget to fulfill my dream of owning a private property. :o Just help and not slashing part of their body what. :o

Show me your bank account balance first. No money no talk

Clazav

Reaction score
With the crl, tampines will have 4 stations, Pasir Ris only has 2? The gov didn't care for Pasir Ris ppl, everything also give tampines.

Hehe I also noticed that.
Tampines seems like a more sought after area compared to Pasir Ris.
Perhaps it’s also because Tampines got more amenities like the 3 big Malls, nice hawker food at round market and Blk 201. Tampines also have a few other attributes like offices (Cpf building, banks area), and also ikea, giant, courts.

Pasir Ris seems more like a quieter place with whitesand mall, though Pasir Ris also got nice food like drive 6, downtown east area.

Compared betw both, Pasir Ris is packed with many condos. Tampines more of ECs and DBSS around/near The Central part.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No money to pay comm which agent will want to serve you?

I thought there will be some kind agent who can help me? :o Since they everyday like me do nothing and engage argument in the thread talk property until godlike. :o

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought there will be some kind agent who can help me? :o Since they everyday like me do nothing and engage argument in the thread talk property until godlike. :o

You think agent do charity. All you smelly clients no money to pay comm still want free advice

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.