NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Thank you.

Secondary school Mathematics and Chemistry. Will start in Term 3.
Hi abbs94,
If I may ask, what grades did u get for o lvl eng and a lvl GP? It's OK if u don't want to ans this... Just wish to narrow down the criteria for the EPT email we got recently...since u are fresh grad

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Honestly the criteria is so ill defined. My guess is EPT is for 1. Mid career applicants regardless of exam grades 2. Fresh grad applicants without an A1/A2 for O level AND A/B for GP 3. All english teacher applicants.

Does anyone fall outside of this spectrum?

According to the email n website, there is also Chinese n tamil EPT, so not just eng medium teachers

doomslaver

Reaction score
Hi abbs94,
If I may ask, what grades did u get for o lvl eng and a lvl GP? It's OK if u don't want to ans this... Just wish to narrow down the criteria for the EPT email we got recently...since u are fresh grad

The interviewers also assess the language component e.g. ability to present well, articulation

pinkorange01

Reaction score
Hi pinkorange, i A2 leh haha

Haha oh... i am also of the view that tt email is for 1) Ept for all mid careers 2) ppl who got <B3 and Gp < C? cos i had been exempted previously in my previous 2 attempts when i applied slightly before graduating uni and once aft graduation but now as a mid careeer i received that email..

Mamimo

Reaction score
🙋🏽*♀️ mid career applicant from previous batch. Didn’t have to go for EPT. 😅.
A1 for o’s and A2 for GP.

Interview:4th Oct 2018
Medical : 27th Jan 2019.

Still waiting for letter of offer tho 😂

Haha oh... i am also of the view that tt email is for 1) Ept for all mid careers 2) ppl who got <B3 and Gp < C? cos i had been exempted previously in my previous 2 attempts when i applied slightly before graduating uni and once aft graduation but now as a mid careeer i received that email..

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
🙋🏽*♀️ mid career applicant from previous batch. Didn’t have to go for EPT. 😅.
A1 for o’s and A2 for GP.

Interview:4th Oct 2018
Medical : 27th Jan 2019.

Still waiting for letter of offer tho 😂
Hi Mamimo, did u ever receive the EPT availability email (not the actual EPT email)?

nooz17

Reaction score
Honestly the criteria is so ill defined. My guess is EPT is for 1. Mid career applicants regardless of exam grades 2. Fresh grad applicants without an A1/A2 for O level AND A/B for GP 3. All english teacher applicants.

Does anyone fall outside of this spectrum?

i do. i am a mid-career applicant for eng lang and i did not go through the ept.

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
Hello,

I went through the PGDE interview for Pri Eng/Math and have received the EPT email as well.

Was curious to know if anyone is mid-career applicants but sitting for their final sem for a part-time degree. I am in my final sem, exams in May but my actual graduation will be in Oct. I was wondering if it will affect my earliest untrained contract stint in the event that I do get through cause I noticed from past applicants that their earliest start date differs even when they went through the interview around the same time.

Reaction score
Hello,

I went through the PGDE interview for Pri Eng/Math and have received the EPT email as well.

Was curious to know if anyone is mid-career applicants but sitting for their final sem for a part-time degree. I am in my final sem, exams in May but my actual graduation will be in Oct. I was wondering if it will affect my earliest untrained contract stint in the event that I do get through cause I noticed from past applicants that their earliest start date differs even when they went through the interview around the same time.

I think only when you are able to provide them with your certificate and transcript then they will process your application and see when they can deploy you to school.

Did you provide your latest interim result slips?

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
I think only when you are able to provide them with your certificate and transcript then they will process your application and see when they can deploy you to school.

Did you provide your latest interim result slips?
I see. That's what I thought so too.
And yes, I did. Instead of my final transcript + cert, I submitted my latest consolidated result slips.

Laneyy

Reaction score
Anyone went for March window and still waiting for the result? Had interview on 8th Mar and only received ept availability email last Thurs...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.