The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchring1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Idea on investing in Chinese watches is profitable?
Fake seagull? That’s interesting will have to comb WUS to read up

Long term I mean, not for flip. Specifically Tourbillon and Chronos. I'm not familiar with mechanical watches. Can such watches be kept in safe or dry box for 10-15 years and still work?

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Long term I mean, not for flip. Specifically Tourbillon and Chronos. I'm not familiar with mechanical watches. Can such watches be kept in safe or dry box for 10-15 years and still work?
Long term? Buy as well buy a few sought after rolex and keep in the safe for a decade or so. Easy profit

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score

What makes u think their value will rise in 10yrs?

arc13

Reaction score
Cky3tQb.jpg

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What u mean long time? Flip means what? Buy few mths and sell? Or just buy duration not define but sell later

Put $$ in S&P200 after so long easily double.
Will they double? After 10-15yrs will need service, how much to service?

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
totally agree... DO NOT BUY WATCHES FOR INVESTMENT!

Just buy what you like and want to wear. Not buy what is popular now aka hype or because someone say value will go up in XXX years.

If you like seagull or china brand watches then buy then as it is...there is a reason on why they are priced as such.

I would avoid going high end movement with them aka tourbillon etc, because you have to factor in servicing as well. Who is capable of servicing them in SG or must you ship back to China to have this done?

It's like owning the BMW/mercs but you don't want to pay the OEM factory pricing for servicing. :o

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sunday Funday
Qr1kVwfl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ST19 is based on Minerva but it’s not a Minerva. A Minerva maybe highly collectible but seagull Chrono on ST19 doubt it. If it’s QC well it will be a great watch. Investment hmm doubt so
https://wornandwound.com/review/a-look-at-the-seagull-1963/

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/seagull-1963-reissue-available-seagull-hk-directly-420653-92.html#/topics/420653?page=2

Last edited:

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cold and rainy Monday
29wfL3cl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.