SimplyGo (ABT) and Pay [Express Travel Not Supported]

PetPet

Reaction score
What is SimplyGo/ABT?

ABT was rebranded as SimplyGo.
It allows you to leverage on your existing bank cards to commute on the Singapore Public Transport System without the need of topping up your CePAS cards.

What will happen on the 4th of Apr?

You'll be able to use your MasterCard that have the "Tap & Go" feature to pay for your trips. This includes MasterCards that are registered in your  Pay wallet

You will not need to register your card on the SimplyGo portal to have this functionality enabled.

To check if your bank card is support. Head down to any of the General Ticketing Machine and place your bank card where you usually would place your CePAS to top up the value. It would say "Bank Card Supported" (You can do this with your virtual cards as well.)

How to enable your bank card to for Transit

Is there anything I need to do?

Unless your MasterCard has a Ez-Link Purse, there's nothing you need to do to enable the SimplyGo functionality. If you do, you will need to head down to any of the General Ticketing Machines to change the mode on your card.

Is there a way to track my transactions?

Register for an account at the SimplyGo Portal and register the card you'll be using for your journeys. Transactions will take about 1 day to appear.

There's no need to register the virtual cards on your devices as they will tie back to the physical card.

How will the process for paying with  Pay like?

It'll be similar to how you checkout at the cashier with your iPhone or  Watch

Do this before you’re at the gantry. Do not hold up the queue selecting which cards to use.

1. Bring up Apple Pay by pressing twice on the power button before you reach the gantry.
2. Authenticate via your TouchID or FaceID
3. Next bring your phone to the card reader and that's it.

I was unable to tap out/I forgot to tap out.

You can file for a claim at the SimplyGo Portal. Transactions will take about 1 day to appear.

Can I use my MasterCard to board and then alight using my virtual card?

Yes you can, but I'm not sure if you'll be double charged. If you do, flie a claim

What if my device runs out of power during the journey?

Head to the ticket office. If you're on a bus, file a claim after the transaction appears in your SimplyGo Portal.

I want to use VISA

Both Visa and MasterCards are now accepted.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I want to use VISA

You will need to wait out until later at the end of the year.

wut.

thanks for the heads up. this transition to cashless is really painful.

first my new NETS card doesn't come with CePAS/NETS Flashpay, but comes with NETS Contactless. Nevermind.

activation took 3 weeks.

then between now and then how am i supposed to travel? lan lan buy a new EZ-Link card.

Last edited:

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can use apple pay mastercard via phone?

That would be lovely as i always carry phone on my hand.

PetPet

Reaction score
Can use apple pay mastercard via phone?

That would be lovely as i always carry phone on my hand.
According to the announcement.
But I wouldn’t do it during the peak hours :crazy:
I’m not sure if they have optimised the readers for  Pay.

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to the announcement.
But I wouldn’t do it during the peak hours :crazy:
I’m not sure if they have optimised the readers for  Pay.
have to use FaceID for the newer IPhone models?

Indeed will take longer than the normal card tap

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Double click and unlock ApplePay before reaching the gantry. Just scan when you’re at the gantry.

Don’t wait till you’re at the gantry to unlock your ApplePay, the same way you don’t wait till you’re at the gantry then you start looking for your card/wallet to tap.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Double click and unlock ApplePay before reaching the gantry. Just scan when you’re at the gantry.

Don’t wait till you’re at the gantry to unlock your ApplePay, the same way you don’t wait till you’re at the gantry then you start looking for your card/wallet to tap.

exactly. if anyone is wishing for that tap and go feature without authentication, its not happening to iOS for local transit yet. whereas samsung pay already has the beta app that supports this tap and go feature.

I tested out this beta samsung pay app, indeed works without authentication, and works just for transit purpose only. the only setback was the reader giving an error as usual.

Just fyi, not to side track away from apple pay.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Start scanning before you reach the gentry. Really simple. Don't stand at the Gentry and scan. That is the same as reaching for your wallet while standing there.

alvino

Reaction score

A lot of singaporeans love to choot stunts like that. See fast food queues. Queue for while don’t decide until at counter on their turn then look up to think of what to order. Freaking wasting people’s time behind.

Or at any payment counters, only when told how much they slowly dish our wallet then Find their precious $10 note which obviously sometimes they already know how much it cost for a drink or single item they have.

Sorry just ranting with your reference. I am sure we all see these useless people around

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One step slower vs japan got s express transit function enabled so u don’t need go scan it just tap and go it’s work for the specific card only

Mean u nedd go select and step the card as main card on your list of Apple Pay card

If it u before go gantry nedd double click and scan and select card first
So much slower

Start scanning before you reach the gentry. Really simple. Don't stand at the Gentry and scan. That is the same as reaching for your wallet while standing there.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
If my dbs/posb mastercard behind already got an ezlink or nets flashpay logo, means i need to go down GTM to change the mode? after change the mode than link the card to apple pay?

so after 4 apr, all buses and mrt ezlink reader/terminals should support apple pay?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

laserzx

Reaction score
What is SimplyGo/ABT?

Is there a way to track my transactions?

Register for an account at the SimplyGo Portal and register the card you'll be using for your journeys. Transactions will take about 1 day to appear

Can we track transactions from Apple Watch?
How do we add the apple Watch card number to SimplyGo as the card number is diff from the physical card no?

Thanks

PetPet

Reaction score
The virtual cards will tie back to the physical card you've registered on the portal (that's what happened during the trial)

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The virtual cards will tie back to the physical card you've registered on the portal (that's what happened during the trial)
hmm.. does that sound right?

the whole point of Apple Pay is not to send actual credit card info to merchants.

When you make a purchase, Apple Pay uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code. So your card number is never stored on your device or on Apple servers, and when you pay, your card numbers are never shared by Apple with merchants.

When you pay with a debit or credit card, Apple Pay doesn’t keep transaction information that can be tied back to you.

Last edited:

PetPet

Reaction score
hmm.. does that sound right?

the whole point of Apple Pay is not to send actual credit card info to merchants.

Well, when I registered for the ABT Mobile Trial. I wasn't asked for my ABT account username.

All I did was register my virtual card with transitlink and magically it appeared in my account.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.