SimplyGo (ABT) and Pay [Express Travel Not Supported]

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm.. does that sound right?

the whole point of Apple Pay is not to send actual credit card info to merchants.

i don't think you understood how it works.

Every virtual card has to be linked to a physical card number in order to work. Using apple pay for transit is the same as making any retail purchase.

Well, when I registered for the ABT Mobile Trial. I wasn't asked for my ABT account username.

All I did was register my virtual card with transitlink and magically it appeared in my account.

That process is whitelisting the device and the virtual card number. Fortunately, it only applicable for the trial, not actual release.

Can we track transactions from Apple Watch?
How do we add the apple Watch card number to SimplyGo as the card number is diff from the physical card no?

Thanks

add the physical card onto simplygo portal, and the transaction will appear.

nope, you are wrong. on 4th april, it MUST can.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Every virtual card has to be linked to a physical card number in order to work. Using apple pay for transit is the same as making any retail purchase.

:D
oh i thought it's going to be liked paying at FairPrice or McDonald's. jus scan :s13:

no registration required.

so with the launch. no registration is required unless we wanna track the transactions~?

Last edited:

akrguy

Reaction score
Maintenance Notice:

Please be informed that maintenance work for TransitLink SimplyGo Portal will be carried out from 1 Apr, 8pm to 2 Apr, 12am.

Seems that TL is going to update the portal tonight. Not sure if there would be a release on the backend as well...

akrguy

Reaction score
Hopefully this will not spoil the Apple Watch side button..

I guess personally I won't use Apple Watch unless for bus-only journeys. MRT gantries are on the right hand side, and I prefer to wear my watch on my left wrist.

PetPet

Reaction score

Not anymore in the near future I believe. The new Apple credit card has no numbers etched and users are free to re-generate the CVV as well as the 16 digit card number within their Apple Pay Wallet.

Wouldn't be surprised if banks start following suit.
This is the way forward.

I guess personally I won't use Apple Watch unless for bus-only journeys. MRT gantries are on the right hand side, and I prefer to wear my watch on my left wrist.
Until CePAS can be added into our Wallets as a transit card.
 Watches remain to be the fastest way to tap and go since we're not required to authenticate.

akrguy

Reaction score
 Watches remain to be the fastest way to tap and go since we're not required to authenticate.

Yes it's fast. But based on my experience using Apple Watch during the pilot, I had to twist my body awkwardly to tap my watch.

Btw, it reminds of Tim Cook's visit in Shanghai.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/10/09/tim-cook-china-3/

tim-cook-china.jpg

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing to link

Just check MasterCard is in bank mode

So we still need to link the MasterCard at the mrt office first before we add into Apple Pay

To double click to enabled Apple Pay to transit is bad way to implement this system would have do it as the same as japan tap and go

tricolours

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!! I wonder how long will they take to eliminate the need to double click on your watch or iPhone. Suica was so convenient when I stayed in Tokyo for a few months when I just need to bring my iPhone to the reader without any action needed.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I don’t think they wanna do that in Singapore. There are not many proponents of closed (or stored value) fare systems, though Japan and Hong Kong kept it cos their priority is to support the passenger throughput required for their dense cities.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the current master card i using got Ez link purse value. If convert to bank mode. Then the money inside how?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed I love how jaPN suica is imprement as this got a experrss transit option so just tap n go

But SG one needs to Face ID or Touch ID to verify before u tap and if u got few card in Apple Pay u need to pick the correct card first

This way it will make your ipX and newest model power button up lorry fast

But Touch ID phone stil ok and the home button is more lasting I suppose

Sadly, I don’t think they wanna do that in Singapore. There are not many proponents of closed (or stored value) fare systems, though Japan and Hong Kong kept it cos their priority is to support the passenger throughput required for their dense cities.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who use Samsung Pay easier, swipe up auth and scan. Of casue if the can remove the auth part for Samsung Pay would be better

PetPet

Reaction score

5. LTA expects Visa to be included as part of SimplyGo later this year. Towards the end of the year, commuters using their ez-link cards can also start upgrading their cards to enjoy SimplyGo benefits like topping up on-the-go via the SimplyGo account.

:( I thought this meant that transit mode and adding of CePAS to our mobile wallets will be happening.

Alas, I was too optimistic.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:( I thought this meant that transit mode and adding of CePAS to our mobile wallets will be happening.

Alas, I was too optimistic.
To do that, CEPAS needs to transform from an offline stored value system to an online one, with balances updated and retrievable from the cloud. After that, Apple and CEPAS can work together to emulate the CEPAS card into the Express Transit framework.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.