BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
If i am invited to select a flat under the single scheme, can i change it to joint single scheme?

i feel that you can. cos during selection they will need your HLE loan application details, maybe you should call HDB to check if you can change to joint before you apply your joint HLE loan.

gentle reminder..pls go apply your HLE loan. get the estimate amount of loan then you can know how much you can afford.
don't last minute. HLE loan approval valid for 6 months.

Reaction score
But for single and joint scheme, the size of flat will be diff. Single can only apply for 2room. But for joint scheme you can apply for 3/4/5 rooms.
If the size of the flat you’ve apply remains the same, I think you just have to update the details when you’re called for selection. Or on a safer side, call them and check up in case you lost your queue number

i feel that you can. cos during selection they will need your HLE loan application details, maybe you should call HDB to check if you can change to joint before you apply your joint HLE loan.

gentle reminder..pls go apply your HLE loan. get the estimate amount of loan then you can know how much you can afford.
don't last minute. HLE loan approval valid for 6 months.

Gordonator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have a question, sorry if its been asked before, I can't find it. >.<

If I have a Q number from this Feb BTO, eg: 520/500, there's still a chance might be called up for flat booking but that will probably take 5-6 months.

So if I go ahead and ballot for the May BTO and also gotten a Q number, lets assume its a good Q number within the flat supply,

So the question is

1) Can I give up the Feb Q number?

2) If I don't give up the Feb Q number, and HDB call me up for Feb BTO flat booking, can I reject it and wait for May BTO to call me up? Cos being 520/500 (Feb BTO) most likely will be low floor units.

Once again, this is just a what if scenario. Just asking for general information. Any answer will be greatly appreciated. :s12:

FreshGradDays

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question, sorry if its been asked before, I can't find it. >.<

If I have a Q number from this Feb BTO, eg: 520/500, there's still a chance might be called up for flat booking but that will probably take 5-6 months.

So if I go ahead and ballot for the May BTO and also gotten a Q number, lets assume its a good Q number within the flat supply,

So the question is

1) Can I give up the Feb Q number?

2) If I don't give up the Feb Q number, and HDB call me up for Feb BTO flat booking, can I reject it and wait for May BTO to call me up? Cos being 520/500 (Feb BTO) most likely will be low floor units.

Once again, this is just a what if scenario. Just asking for general information. Any answer will be greatly appreciated.
:s12:

1) Yes, you can apply for May and give up Feb.
2) HDB will not call you for no show. So you can wait for May but it means you forfeit for Feb.

Posted from PCWX using WTS Qoo10 gift cards on Carousell

Gordonator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Yes, you can apply for May and give up Feb.
2) HDB will not call you for no show. So you can wait for May but it means you forfeit for Feb.

Posted from PCWX using WTS Qoo10 gift cards on Carousell

Yes that will be easy if I give up Feb. But what if I don't give up Feb and apply for for May BTO as well.

So the question is more of, can I have a Feb Q number and still apply for May BTO without giving up the Feb Q number. Can right? Since May-June, won't be so fast Feb BTO will call me up for flat booking.

wizardundo

Reaction score

AndRiy80

Reaction score
Yes that will be easy if I give up Feb. But what if I don't give up Feb and apply for for May BTO as well.

So the question is more of, can I have a Feb Q number and still apply for May BTO without giving up the Feb Q number. Can right? Since May-June, won't be so fast Feb BTO will call me up for flat booking.
Yes u don't have to give up Feb to apply for may. If u didn't turn up for Feb flat selection they will just cancel ur Feb application and consider u give up.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

nf2008

Reaction score
EuropAce Warehouse Sale [28-31 March 2019]

EuropAce Warehouse Sale!

Up to 80% Off! Lowest Price ever! Free $100 E-Voucher & Early Bird Vouchers*!

28th - 31st March 2019
(Thu - Fri 10am - 8pm)
(Sat - Sun 10am - 6pm)

@ 10 Changi South Street 3 Level 4 Singapore 486147

muddywaters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I quote from HDB website:

If you were invited to select a flat, but did not do so even though there were units available, you would be considered as having rejected to select a flat once.

If you reject 2 chances to select a flat, you will not be able to participate in any HDB sales launch for a period of 1 year.

Source : https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/changes-and-cancellation

This is good.

It deters farkers from applying for fun and wasting everybody's time.

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
But for single and joint scheme, the size of flat will be diff. Single can only apply for 2room. But for joint scheme you can apply for 3/4/5 rooms.
If the size of the flat you’ve apply remains the same, I think you just have to update the details when you’re called for selection. Or on a safer side, call them and check up in case you lost your queue number

no.. please don't give wrong information.
Joint singles can only apply for 2rm BTO in non-matured estates.
https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/r...at/new/joint-singles-scheme-or-orphans-scheme

Two joint singles CANNOT apply for 3,4,5rms unless they are sibling orphans.

lingalong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What if the quota for Chinese have been reached and the remaining quota not taken by the other races?

Will they open up more for chinese? :s11:

Or will they look for more of non-chines with higher queue number? 1000 onwards

Last edited:

ctstalin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What if the quota for Chinese have been reached and the remaining quota not taken by the other races?

Will they open up more for chinese?
:s11:

Or will they look for more of non-chines with higher queue number? 1000 onwards

Hdb would rather leave the flat unsold than to open up more slots for chinese

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A5000

KeJoNg

Reaction score
BTO Flat Selection

Hello,

Does anyone can share usually after received the queue number when will the flat selection/ deposit take place?:o

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
example is May 2017 BTO.
about 1-2 month after results of ballot in July 2017 - 1st appointment (sept 2017)
about 5 months after 1st appointment for 2nd appointment (feb 2018)

(this is my personal experience, others maybe faster or slower)

Last edited:

Gordonator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here with past BTO flat booking experience can advise on the below?

HDB says booking appointments will start from April onward, so the question is, does all the BTO sites starts booking concurrently? Or do they start form 1 site first, eg: Kallang Whampoa before moving on to the next site?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.