NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Getting restless from the waiting😅...
Just wish to chk if we've got the same dates, for those of us who got the EPT availability email, is your stated EPT test date 18 Apr? If we don't hear frm them by 11 Apr then we can assume we r exempted frm the test?

Mr Nice 221

Reaction score
Getting restless from the waiting😅...
Just wish to chk if we've got the same dates, for those of us who got the EPT availability email, is your stated EPT test date 18 Apr? If we don't hear frm them by 11 Apr then we can assume we r exempted frm the test?

Yes, i think so

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Has anyone gone for interview and got rejected? 😣
Think it will take quite long for them to reject someone since they need to consider each of us 'in competition with others', which I think includes ppl from previous application windows.

I am not sure if the EPT availability email meant we passed the interview, but rejection is still possible for us (prob after an even longer time line) for the same reason stated above.

poodleparade

Reaction score
Did anyone else receive an update email from moe? I received one yesterday even though I didn’t send any chaser emails. It tells me that they are still processing the application and if successful, I would receive the offer letter by 17 May or 7 June. I have not received the medical email either.

student1995

Reaction score
Did anyone else receive an update email from moe? I received one yesterday even though I didn’t send any chaser emails. It tells me that they are still processing the application and if successful, I would receive the offer letter by 17 May or 7 June. I have not received the medical email either.

Hi poodleparade, I read through the thread and saw that you went for the interview on 21 March 2019. I did too! We might have bumped into each other 😅 anyway I received the notification email yesterday that they are still processing our teaching application and ‘if your application is successful the starting date of employment is...’ yesterday at 11:36pm. Also got the EPT availability email last Thursday 28 March. I don’t know why they sent that notification email because these details are already on the MOE website. But I Guess that’s positive for us? Anyone who went for the interview in March 2019 and received any updates?

poodleparade

Reaction score
Hi poodleparade, I read through the thread and saw that you went for the interview on 21 March 2019. I did too! We might have bumped into each other 😅 anyway I received the notification email yesterday that they are still processing our teaching application and ‘if your application is successful the starting date of employment is...’ yesterday at 11:36pm. Also got the EPT availability email last Thursday 28 March. I don’t know why they sent that notification email because these details are already on the MOE website. But I Guess that’s positive for us? Anyone who went for the interview in March 2019 and received any updates?

Yeah I wondered about the purpose of the email cos you can easily find all this info on moe’s website. I hope it means good news! Or perhaps this email was meant to be sent to us after we took the interview but the staff were just a little slow about it. I hope we’ll get some proper updates soon!

Last edited:

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hi, I applied for Secondary EL and E Lit (2nd subj)
Did my interview presentation on Sec EL.
What about you? And what did you major in?
Hi, I was assigned Pri Eng&Math. I majored in Comp. Sci. from NUS.. eons ago. 😅
I m trying to see if the diff emails we've got so far is related to our assigned subjs, mid career switches etc.
Meanwhile, I will continue to wait patiently😌

tttCWH

Reaction score
The Painful Wait...

Honestly the criteria is so ill defined. My guess is EPT is for 1. Mid career applicants regardless of exam grades 2. Fresh grad applicants without an A1/A2 for O level AND A/B for GP 3. All english teacher applicants.

Does anyone fall outside of this spectrum?

My English grade for O Levels was a C5 and a C for GP. Didn't receive any notification for EPT though... applied for sec History and graduated from NTU History in 2018. Now working in a headhunting firm. Sigh, just really wish that there would be some sort of system to keep us updated with our progress... It's so antagonising to be waiting in vain....

It also seems like their replies to candidates are rather sporadic....

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
My English grade for O Levels was a C5 and a C for GP. Didn't receive any notification for EPT though... applied for sec History and graduated from NTU History in 2018. Now working in a headhunting firm. Sigh, just really wish that there would be some sort of system to keep us updated with our progress... It's so antagonising to be waiting in vain....

It also seems like their replies to candidates are rather sporadic....

Exactly! I am beginning to think that the emails sent may be due to diff departments handling each case eg subjects offered, profile of applicants (mid career, overseas grad etc). Am trying not to go crazy over this 😂

Reaction score
Hi. For those who are shortlisted for Sec Sch, may I know if you specified which stream you were gonna be teaching for the presentation?

PewPew472

Reaction score
Exactly! I am beginning to think that the emails sent may be due to diff departments handling each case eg subjects offered, profile of applicants (mid career, overseas grad etc). Am trying not to go crazy over this 😂

HI! I think we're in the same boat. Interview on the 13th of Mar for Pri Eng/Maths. Haven't received any updates since the interview.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.