The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Will be a good compliment to the Grand Seiko Shuriken I bought last year.

Grand-Seiko-Ninja-Shuriken-April-Fools-1.jpg

:s13: :s13: :s13:

starmaze

Reaction score
Well.. depends whether one can afford it or not lo. I got tired of the constant winding n servicing that I switched to garmin with sapphire glass - virtually indestructible and rechargeable!

totally agree... DO NOT BUY WATCHES FOR INVESTMENT!

Just buy what you like and want to wear. Not buy what is popular now aka hype or because someone say value will go up in XXX years.

If you like seagull or china brand watches then buy then as it is...there is a reason on why they are priced as such.

I would avoid going high end movement with them aka tourbillon etc, because you have to factor in servicing as well. Who is capable of servicing them in SG or must you ship back to China to have this done?

It's like owning the BMW/mercs but you don't want to pay the OEM factory pricing for servicing. :o

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well.. depends whether one can afford it or not lo. I got tired of the constant winding n servicing that I switched to garmin with sapphire glass - virtually indestructible and rechargeable!

isn't recharging it same as winding? LOL
or worse?

:s22:

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
isn't recharging it same as winding? LOL
or worse?

:s22:

this is very personal i guess
if want to use analogy, it’s like drive manual and auto car

personally i like winding watches to unwind, good way to relax before going to bed
but if wind liao suddenly realize got deep scratch then maybe will be a sleepless night :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is very personal i guess
if want to use analogy, it’s like drive manual and auto car

personally i like winding watches to unwind, good way to relax before going to bed
but if wind liao suddenly realize got deep scratch then maybe will be a sleepless night :s13:

Next time no choice but drive Auto car

He say he prefer charging than winding.
Bad comparison.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time to go home liao
Sa3xk8yl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U got tired of winding? U service your watch annually?
I got tired of constant recharging. To get to full charge is like what 30-60 mins? Wind is like 15sec-30secs tops.
Battery life also do downhill after 2 yrs; my Garmin can only last 2 days now after 2 yrs of use; battery life was 6 days. Need to buy new one maybe later this year.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rainy Wednesday
r1GEhoJl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.