SimplyGo (ABT) and Pay [Express Travel Not Supported]

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance, again.

So I’m intending to use my POSB Everyday Card via Apple Pay to incur the transactions and I got the following questions:

1.) Is POSB Everyday Card eligible? It doesn’t have a Tap & Go feature that I’m aware of.

2.) Do I need to go to the GTM to convert my Cepas wallet to bank card even if I’m not using the physical card as I’m using Apple Pay?

Thanks a lot! :)

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance, again.

So I’m intending to use my POSB Everyday Card via Apple Pay to incur the transactions and I got the following questions:

1.) Is POSB Everyday Card eligible? It doesn’t have a Tap & Go feature that I’m aware of.

2.) Do I need to go to the GTM to convert my Cepas wallet to bank card even if I’m not using the physical card as I’m using Apple Pay?

Thanks a lot! :)

1) It’ll work so long as the card comes with wireless payment function - PayWave/PayPass.

2) You’ll still need to visit the GTM to convert your card. (As far as what I know)

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I already have my SC card inside my apple pay and have been using it. The only thing that i never activate is their EZ-reload thing.

So i am good to go? Do i need to do anything else?

Peiseh for the spoonfeed. :o :o

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already have my SC card inside my apple pay and have been using it. The only thing that i never activate is their EZ-reload thing.

So i am good to go? Do i need to do anything else?

Peiseh for the spoonfeed. :o :o

You’ll still need to go to the GTM to convert. Apart from that, you’re good to go.

Fallenstar3d

Reaction score
Need to convert the card at GTM? I thought April 4th is can just tap and go as long as is mastercard in Apple Pay?

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to convert the card at GTM? I thought April 4th is can just tap and go as long as is mastercard in Apple Pay?

You’ll still need to visit the GTM if your card has both CEPAS & PayWave/PayPass function.

If you do not convert mode of payment at GTM, I believe it’ll still try to deduct payment from your CEPAS wallet instead of “PayWave”.

As quoted from SimplyGo’s website:

How do I enable my Mastercard/Visa contactless bank card for transit?

For Mastercard/Visa contactless bank cards that do not have EZ-LINK/NETS FlashPay functionality, no additional action is required after you linked them to your ABT Account.

For contactless bank cards that come with EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay functionality, the EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay function will be the default payment mode for transit. You will need to visit the General Ticketing Machines at any train station to switch to contactless payment mode. This can be performed five (5) days after receiving the confirmation email of your card registration. Please note that your EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay purse has to be active in order to switch to contactless payment mode for ABT.

Last edited:

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You’ll still need to visit the GTM if your card has both CEPAS & PayWave/PayPass function.

If you do not convert mode of payment at GTM, I believe it’ll still try to deduct payment from your CEPAS wallet instead of “PayWave”.

As quoted from SimplyGo’s website:

How do I enable my Mastercard/Visa contactless bank card for transit?

For Mastercard/Visa contactless bank cards that do not have EZ-LINK/NETS FlashPay functionality, no additional action is required after you linked them to your ABT Account.

For contactless bank cards that come with EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay functionality, the EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay function will be the default payment mode for transit. You will need to visit the General Ticketing Machines at any train station to switch to contactless payment mode. This can be performed five (5) days after receiving the confirmation email of your card registration. Please note that your EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay purse has to be active in order to switch to contactless payment mode for ABT.

My card doesnt have cepas but has paywave.

Need to link to ABT acct? Or coming friday can straight away use with Apple Pay feature? Or only physical card?

Instruction easier if they create tables :(

Fallenstar3d

Reaction score
Wahh. But my MasterCard has never been used as a EZ-Link card before. Still need to convert ah? Actually I registered on ATB already. But I go ticketing machine dunno what to press to convert. Later I go try again.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Wahh. But my MasterCard has never been used as a EZ-Link card before. Still need to convert ah? Actually I registered on ATB already. But I go ticketing machine dunno what to press to convert. Later I go try again.

Don't think need to convert.

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm, which Master card to use? Or rather which Master card has higher rebate?

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My card doesnt have cepas but has paywave.

Need to link to ABT acct? Or coming friday can straight away use with Apple Pay feature? Or only physical card?

Instruction easier if they create tables :(

Linking to ABT account is for you to track your expenses. If you do not wish to track, I think you can forgo linking to ABT account.

And yes, Apple Pay will automatically be accepted if your card qualifies.

This is based purely on my understanding.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read the last few page seems like

As long as your have a MC card (or MC card added to apple pay) on 4 April you can use this SimplyGo without any registration right?

Last edited:

EroNasubi

Reaction score
Same as the failed pilot ABT launched years ago..
They will consolidate few days of records and billed as one item in the cc bill. The description should look like “BUS/MRT - xxxxxxx”. So, in one cc statement you may see multiple of such items.
So how are they going to bill the CC? Per trip/ Per week or end of the month?

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They will consolidate few days of records and billed as one item in the cc bill. The description should look like “BUS/MRT - xxxxxxx”. So, in one cc statement you may see multiple of such items.

thanks saw some post a LTA think.. it either 5 days of trip or 15 dollars (whichever hit first)

Slavor

Reaction score
Lol you’re too harash lah, the whole point of a pilot is to test and gather feedback. The system worked quite well for most of the cards and some devices heh

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.