NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

student1995

Reaction score
Hi. For those who are shortlisted for Sec Sch, may I know if you specified which stream you were gonna be teaching for the presentation?

Hi, I didn’t specify which stream (another thing to note is that they have phased out streaming). Don’t worry about it. Just do whatever stream you’re comfortable with. They’re not really looking at the content but rather the class management and how you explain your lesson rationale

Reaction score
Hi, I didn’t specify which stream (another thing to note is that they have phased out streaming). Don’t worry about it. Just do whatever stream you’re comfortable with. They’re not really looking at the content but rather the class management and how you explain your lesson rationale

How did they make classroom management challenging/ difficult for you?

There is still streaming, just that it will be fully phased out in 2024.

student1995

Reaction score
How did they make classroom management challenging/ difficult for you?

There is still streaming, just that it will be fully phased out in 2024.

Yup about the streaming - their policy is looking towards removing the negative labels of NA NT etc. Anyway for sec level they didn’t make things THAT difficult, just asked me a few questions out of curiosity, like normal students would, based on my lesson. Which level and subject are you interviewing for? And when is your interview?

student1995

Reaction score
My English grade for O Levels was a C5 and a C for GP. Didn't receive any notification for EPT though... applied for sec History and graduated from NTU History in 2018. Now working in a headhunting firm. Sigh, just really wish that there would be some sort of system to keep us updated with our progress... It's so antagonising to be waiting in vain....

It also seems like their replies to candidates are rather sporadic....

Hi, did you get any email reply after your interview?

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
HI! I think we're in the same boat. Interview on the 13th of Mar for Pri Eng/Maths. Haven't received any updates since the interview.
Hi! It's great to find someone with the same interview date as me! Are u a mid career switch (I think I read somewhere mid career switch means more than 2 years after grad) ? Dun worry too much even if no updates from MOE till now. I read that some ppl only got the offer email with no other emails in between.Hope we can both be successful n be course mates😀

Last edited:

student1995

Reaction score
Hi! It's great to find someone with the same interview date as me! Are u a mid career switch (I think I read somewhere mid career switch means more than 2 years after grad) ? Dun worry too much even if no updates from MOE till now. I read that some ppl only got the offer email with no other emails in between.Hope we can both be successful n be course mates😀

Hi guys, I just got a call this morning asking about my interest for my 2nd teaching choice (Music) then I’ll have to attend another interview again. Anyone else experienced the same thing? This is after getting the EPT email too......

poodleparade

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a call this morning asking about my interest for my 2nd teaching choice (Music) then I’ll have to attend another interview again. Anyone else experienced the same thing? This is after getting the EPT email too......

I didn’t but I have heard from my friends who are teachers saying that moe has a shortage of art and music teachers so I do think that the chances of you being successful in your application is a lot higher if you took the offer for another interview as a music teacher.

Last edited:

student1995

Reaction score
I didn’t but I have heard from my friends who are teachers saying that moe has a shortage of art and music teachers so I do think that the chances of you being successful in your application is a lot higher if you took the offer for another interview as a music teacher.

Thanks for the advice poodleparade :)) hopefully we’ll be colleagues haha! Praying hard.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hey is it possible to copy the ept email here without any personal or identifiable information? Curious to see what the email is and shall be useful for those who have yet to receive it. Thanks in advance!!

Here is an excerpt of it. The last part, which I didn't include, just asked us to click on the link to indicate our availability:

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview. As part of the selection process, you may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the relevant Entrance Proficiency Tests (EPTs).

We would like to check your availability for the relevant EPT(s) while your application is in process. This is to facilitate test arrangements if they are required of you. If it is confirmed that you are required to sit for the relevant EPT, you will receive an email a week before the test date.

PewPew472

Reaction score

Yep! About 5 years since I've graduated. Still yet to received any news. Let's all hope for the best~

pure.fresh003

Reaction score
it is a private number, I have received an email informing that we should receive the possible offer of appointment by 17 May 2019 or 7 June 2019 should everything goes smoothly. Not sure, the letter will come after medical or before.

Praying for the best for everyone here!

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
it is a private number, I have received an email informing that we should receive the possible offer of appointment by 17 May 2019 or 7 June 2019 should everything goes smoothly. Not sure, the letter will come after medical or before.

Praying for the best for everyone here!
You just received the email today? Did you get the call too?

Jflrm6996

Reaction score
Idk... I feel like I’m the only one that hasn’t received any update since my interview. No calls or anything. This is nerve wrecking:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.