Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can try but no promises especially if your "problem" requires too much effort for me to type out as a reply to you.. I am currently not in sg until someone around mid of April so I only browse when I have the time privilege of given time.

not sure if anyone else realised but windscribe's VPN server for Netflix Japan is now up and running already. :s13:

kChZgFb.jpg

**edit**
and WindFlix Canada as well!

so now windscribe have 4 Netflix Servers.
- US
- UK
- CA
- JP

8NGUzX1.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
I never realised that JPN NF is finally supported. Browsed thru it last night and prefer the content compared to USA one

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

greythorne

Reaction score
I never realised that JPN NF is finally supported. Browsed thru it last night and prefer the content compared to USA one

I got the free 50gb per month. When I connect thru the windscribe app on windows, it always disconnects and reconnects. I think free version is like that.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the free 50gb per month. When I connect thru the windscribe app on windows, it always disconnects and reconnects. I think free version is like that.
I bought the cheap 1 year plan during BF sales to try out. So far, the NF compatibility is very good.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Astrill subscription is ending soon.

I am looking for someone to share this account. We can share the cost.

I am just using it for climbing and single use only.

Please PM me.

radiancez567

Reaction score
Is anyone having speed issues with NordVPN?

NordVPN seems to give me 10 times slower speed. Tested using Android Speedtest App, on a very high-end Samsung Galaxy device.

SingTel 4G network LTE
Download 97.6Mbps
Upload 41.4Mbps

SingTel 4G network LTE through NordVPN Singapore server
Download 6.35Mbps
Upload 10.5Mbps

shachok86

Reaction score

NordVPN seems to give me 10 times slower speed. Tested using Android Speedtest App, on a very high-end Samsung Galaxy device.

SingTel 4G network LTE
Download 97.6Mbps
Upload 41.4Mbps

Download 6.35Mbps
Upload 10.5Mbps

Not just Nord...Windscribe also... their servers using UK Web.Solutions Direct seems to be having speed issue... I change server and speed is ok...

rayleigh

Reaction score
How is NordVPN? Thinking of subscribing it.

SingTel 4G network LTE
Download 97.6Mbps
Upload 41.4Mbps

Download 6.35Mbps
Upload 10.5Mbps

Avlis123

Reaction score
best value for money

I know there's people who don't like NordVPN for their marketing tactics or some other stuff, but what I found after testing many (and I mean more than 5) providers is that NordVPN actually is the best value for money.

They tick most of the boxes while being considerably cheap (plenty of coupons going around). I'm not saying everyone should be buying it, there are different providers for different users/purpose/etc. but if you're not particularly techy person who just wants some security or to bypass geo blocks then it's the best and easiest option.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont like Nord because it is slow. Less than 100Mbps on average for me. If you ok with the speed, is actually not too bad

radiancez567

Reaction score
How is NordVPN? Thinking of subscribing it.

Price: 3 year plan is USD2.99 per month, so it is relatively cheaper than most VPNs. Risk is, will they still be here after 3 years? Also after subscribed, remember to turn off auto-renewal.

Speed: Ok for webpages, like surfing forums or even playing games. But occasionally getting longer page load times. Pretty shitty speeds for larger downloads though e.g. I update Play Store apps on 4G with VPN and it was slower by 10 times than no VPN. Downloading 70MB makes a whole lot of difference.

Privacy: I guess standard, not much to worry. Went to some check IP sites after connecting to different country servers, gave me different IPs each time.

Ease of use: 6 devices simultaneously, haven't had the chance to test 7 devices lol. For me works fine for PC, Android phone, iPad so far.

Last edited:

radiancez567

Reaction score
Not just Nord...Windscribe also... their servers using UK Web.Solutions Direct seems to be having speed issue... I change server and speed is ok...

OK I see. Then I don't try Windscribe.

Thinking of trying ExpressVPN cos they also have 30-day money back guarantee.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK I see. Then I don't try Windscribe.

Thinking of trying ExpressVPN cos they also have 30-day money back guarantee.

Express VPN is the best VPN or at least the most well known VPN from what I gathered. But it is in general more expensive than others. Chances are that you will like it in the trial and then pay for it. Maybe you can try cheaper options first before going to ExpressVPN.

NordVPN is actually one of the best value in the VPN world if you consider only established vendors and not new comers like Surfshark.

No one really needs 100Mbps unless you are doing torrent of piracy video which is not really the right thing to do anyway.

The following is only for reference but you can see NordVPN to be an a popular choice for different categories.
https://www.bestvpn.com/awards/

Disclaim: I am not an NordVPN user. Not even a paid VPN user now, only use Windscribe free 10GB Plan occasionally for public wifi, Transocks ads supported version occasionally for China Geo-blocked content, and then use Shadowsocks provider inside China occasionally. So far not feeling the need to pay anything yet. If I need an VPN, most likely it will be NordVPN or VPN.ac because of China visit. And probably SpeedIn for China Geo blocked content if I am bored with Youku VIP.

So take my input with a grain of salt...

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Astrill subscription is ending soon.

I am looking for someone to share this account. We can share the cost.

I am just using it for climbing and single use only.

Please PM me.

Share of Netflix I can understand. Share of VPN with strangers? I do not understand. You really have no idea what the other party is doing.

rayleigh

Reaction score
Thank you for your time to reply. Will certainly consider NordVPN. It is the one time payment for 3yrs that puts me off. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and subscribe to it.

Price: 3 year plan is USD2.99 per month, so it is relatively cheaper than most VPNs. Risk is, will they still be here after 3 years? Also after subscribed, remember to turn off auto-renewal.

Speed: Ok for webpages, like surfing forums or even playing games. But occasionally getting longer page load times. Pretty shitty speeds for larger downloads though e.g. I update Play Store apps on 4G with VPN and it was slower by 10 times than no VPN. Downloading 70MB makes a whole lot of difference.

Privacy: I guess standard, not much to worry. Went to some check IP sites after connecting to different country servers, gave me different IPs each time.

Ease of use: 6 devices simultaneously, haven't had the chance to test 7 devices lol. For me works fine for PC, Android phone, iPad so far.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 year subscription for nordvpn @ $2.99/mth is maybe cheaper only compared to astrill and Expressvpn? lol..

I paid for 3 years PIA VPN @ $2.15/mth (5 devices) and
3 years windscribe @ $0.80/mth (unlimited devices).

both add together still cheaper than nordvpn.

Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 year subscription for nordvpn @ $2.99/mth is maybe cheaper only compared to astrill and Expressvpn? lol..

I paid for 3 years PIA VPN @ $2.15/mth (5 devices) and
3 years windscribe @ $0.80/mth (unlimited devices).

both add together still cheaper than nordvpn.

Mostly use VPN for Netflix so windscribe is goot enuff for me

urbanbootless

Reaction score
Share of Netflix I can understand. Share of VPN with strangers? I do not understand. You really have no idea what the other party is doing.

Yeah agreed on this one, it was strange Surfshark offers support for unlimited devices so I took a look at their TOS it states

"Although one of the core premises of Surfshark is an unlimited number of simultaneous connections, there might be some users who exploit it, and this might have an adverse effect on the quality of our Services as well as usage experience for the rest of our users."

SO basically you share account at your own risk, I imagine other VPNs have similar policies. And to be honest, you buy a VPN (unless it's just for geo-blocks) to maximize your anonymity online so sharing your account kind of defeats the purpose IMHO. I'd say very close friends and family are ok.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.