Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How fast is the switch? If it is 1-2 working day will be a joke

I won't dare to mention it as a 'good' thing if the switch took so long. =:p

From the FAQ:

Qn: If I change my current Entertainment Pass to a different pass, when will it take effect?

Ans: The change will typically take effect within an hour. However, in the event of unforeseeable circumstances, the change might take a longer time.

Based on my experience with changing my basic group, the change does take effect within an hr.

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I believe starhub is killing the channels 805/806 later. Not telling customers now is their style, just like the discovery channel last year, discovery channel had to purposely put the scrolling banner ("ceased to operate" etc) on their channels around 3-4 months in advance in order to get customers attention. Starhub announcement only come in at the very last 2 months of termination, iirc.

u know the chinese infotainment group only has 5 channels? they killing off 3 and not telling anyone?

then later going to replace with other china tv news channel that ppl not interested in?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just register my interest online to switch to fibre, if they can offer me $10 off every month + free 24 months broadband, it is actually quite attractive tbh :D

I am more than willing to switch my chinese d’lite to Asian entertainment pass, I always miss the chinese infotainment and entertainment package + qiang dang yu le pack

Frankly, if they offer their current SH Fibre BB customers the same offer, I think many (like me) would seriously consider switching too.

Heck. I would be happy with free 24 months Fibre BB.

But of cos the most they will offer is probably free 6 months Homehub.

I wonder how they would restructure the offer for existing customers with the new Entertainment Pass.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Frankly, if they offer their current SH Fibre BB customers the same offer, I think many (like me) would seriously consider switching too.

I wonder how they would restructure the offer for existing customers with the new Entertainment Pass.

I am waiting for their call, I will update here, let’s see what they offer me

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
homehub $68.80 where got worth
the pass ish $29.90
the bb ish $39.90/mth
the mobile bb i dun even need...

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
No idea why they wanna change the TV package until lidat ,instead of saving more it make us paying more if we wanna watch the channel we want.

For me am on 4 basic (Chinese Info/Ent ,Edu and Lifestyle) if wanna get them gonna get 2 pass which gonna cost over 40 which is double of what am paying now.

KNN show sux still wanna get so much $$$$ and still whine why ppl use TV box.Haiz guess after contract it time to move away from SH liao after so many years of sub.

get the english pass loh. the chinese news channel can use YT... unless ur parents watching then different story...

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
got the same offers for current & the $10 off monthly for many years liao.
Ya, this is off $10 for 24mth.

actually $10 off not alot because there is no free set top box rental for old plan.

Alright so, I am one of those who were forced to convert to SH Fibre TV last month, but they threw in freebies like:

1. Free Fibre broadband
2. Free 6 month set top box rental
3. $10 off monthly bill

I went down to SH yesterday and I was told if I re-contract to Entertainment Pass, I will lose all my above freebies. I complained that's unfair as i don't even need the Fibre broadband (i am still on MR) and that i took up the above offer only because of the free fibre BB.

SO, now they have recontracted to Entertainment pass + free additional pass + free broadband, which i'd say is a pretty good deal because currently, due to the channels i watch, i was paying 90 bucks just for my cable tv channels.

The $10 off your bill every month is for 24 months?

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what if they offer u only free 24 months broadband, 2nd FREE PASS (if u r first 5K) , u switch a not?
no $10 off every month

Just register my interest online to switch to fibre, if they can offer me $10 off every month + free 24 months broadband, it is actually quite attractive tbh :D

I am more than willing to switch my chinese d’lite to Asian entertainment pass, I always miss the chinese infotainment and entertainment package + qiang dang yu le pack

tks

Reaction score
StarHub came to install the Fibre TV box and EOC last week. I have not watched enough TV to give a definitive opinion but it seems to work fine. Just some update and queries.

As my cable junction box was next to the VeONT, the technician opened up the box, disconnected the incoming coaxial cable and instead connected the EOC master unit to the house coaxial network. I subsequently punched a hole at the side of the box to allow the EOC coaxial cable to enter the box, so that I can close the cover properly. This part the technician will not do for you.

Although I have only one TV box, and hence I only have one EOC slave unit in one of the rooms, I was under the impression that I could add as many slave units + TV box as I need in other rooms. But why does StarHub website say "this solution is suitable for homes with only 1 set-top box"?

I asked the technician if this EOC solution is suitable for broadband. He said possible but the speed is very slow at 100 Mbps (though more than enough for TV). He also said must purchase those EOC "without converter". Where to get this?

For the TV box, I was given Samsung GX-SH5301P. Now I read here that this model is not so good. So far, it seems to work. Is there some function I can check?

There is a USB port. The technician told me it is for recording. Can I use put in a HDD and start recording? I was not given any manual.

I called Starhub 1633 to enquire about the recording function and they told me HomeHub Plus already bundled with recording function?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what if they offer u only free 24 months broadband, 2nd FREE PASS (if u r first 5K) , u switch a not?
no $10 off every month

Not interested of the second free pass if switching only take less than 1 hour, but the $10 is really the trigger, because I am really paying the same $19.90 now for my d’lite but with even more chinese channels.

And can also save on the $43 from singtel broadband every month

It’s quite a good saving for next 2 years

tt88

Reaction score
I called Starhub 1633 to enquire about the recording function and they told me HomeHub Plus already bundled with recording function?

To have recording functions, u need to buy an optional Approved Hard Disk Drive model to plug into the Usb port of Set-top Box.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

24 mths free fibre internet is a one time offer.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
24 mths free fibre internet is a one time offer.

Actually the StarHub bb is not as fast as Singtel bb, my parent house has already switched to fibre on the free 24 months, but somehow the speed of StarHub is not as consistent as singtel bb, at certain times of the day like after 6pm, streaming of Facebook or YouTube video is just not as smooth as Singtel bb

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
If anyone is considering switching to Singtel TV, do let us know on this thread or through PM. We are most happy to be in touch with offers you can consider.

Cable customers are eligible for our switchover offer with up to 24 months of free fibre https://www.singtelshop.com/switcht...MI0_m4lfuv3wIVEbaWCh0xtgfrEAAYAiAAEgL9IvD_BwE

In addition, you can subscribe to Singtel TV without subscribing to our broadband services. There is no additional charge if you are just subscribing to Singtel TV as a standalone service.

homehub $68.80 where got worth
the pass ish $29.90
the bb ish $39.90/mth
the mobile bb i dun even need...

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If anyone is considering switching to Singtel TV, do let us know on this thread or through PM. We are most happy to be in touch with offers you can consider.

Cable customers are eligible for our switchover offer with up to 24 months of free fibre https://www.singtelshop.com/switcht...MI0_m4lfuv3wIVEbaWCh0xtgfrEAAYAiAAEgL9IvD_BwE

In addition, you can subscribe to Singtel TV without subscribing to our broadband services. There is no additional charge if you are just subscribing to Singtel TV as a standalone service.

Up to 24 months? Such a joke offer to switch over, singtel must do more.

Singtel is the most inflexible telco in Singapore, once bind to a 24 months contract, and that is it.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score

yeah but not Premier league pack rite? got free 24 months BB..

only those lesser ones i was told

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.