Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called Starhub 1633 to enquire about the recording function and they told me HomeHub Plus already bundled with recording function?

Go check your contract service agreement under Starhub TV.
Under Value-Added Service - Smart TV $4.28 is the Recording function.

As i had mentioned in my earlier post, you need to purchase the HDD yourself.
The model has to be WD My Passport external HDD on either 1TB or 2TB storage.

Also under Value-Added Service may include StarHub TV Go is the able to watch your subscribed channels on Starhub Go; note that although it is stated $5.35 and there another section on Critical Summary Information which will indicated "62.617% discount off StarHub TV Go: 24 months" meaning actual cost $2 /month.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
Go check your contract service agreement under Starhub TV.
Under Value-Added Service - Smart TV $4.28 is the Recording function.

As i had mentioned in my earlier post, you need to purchase the HDD yourself.
The model has to be WD My Passport external HDD on either 1TB or 2TB storage.

Also under Value-Added Service may include StarHub TV Go is the able to watch your subscribed channels on Starhub Go; note that although it is stated $5.35 and there another section on Critical Summary Information which will indicated "62.617% discount off StarHub TV Go: 24 months" meaning actual cost $2 /month.
u wait long long ...must pay...if you upgrade to their new pack recording is $5

red_december

Reaction score
The $10 off your bill every month is for 24 months?

Yes. but not anymore since i have changed to Ent pass

So u managed to swop to the new Ent Pass plus retaining their free BB?

Yep, but couldn't do so over the phone. Had to go down and do it.

I also submitted my interest online but they didn't call me, and since i wanted the free 2nd pass, i just went down to do it.

So in total, i am paying 29.90 for free broadband + 2 ent pass. Considering I watch HBO and cricket channels (and not the basic 3 packs as last time), i am saving around 60 bucks.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I also submitted my interest online but they didn't call me, and since i wanted the free 2nd pass, i just went down to do it.

So in total, i am paying 29.90 for free broadband + 2 ent pass. Considering I watch HBO and cricket channels (and not the basic 3 packs as last time), i am saving around 60 bucks.

Wow the 5000 subscriber still haven’t hit? Lol

red_december

Reaction score
Actually the StarHub bb is not as fast as Singtel bb, my parent house has already switched to fibre on the free 24 months, but somehow the speed of StarHub is not as consistent as singtel bb, at certain times of the day like after 6pm, streaming of Facebook or YouTube video is just not as smooth as Singtel bb

TBH i have been using MR for the past 5+ years and i haven't had a single issue with their speed. I used to game and never have issues and currently I watch netflix on two different TVs at the same time and never had issues either.

Since I have SH fibre router lying around, i am going to switch to SH fibre instead of MR and see the performance. If it can match MR, i guess i'll say goodbye to MR when its contract ends next year.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
TBH i have been using MR for the past 5+ years and i haven't had a single issue with their speed. I used to game and never have issues and currently I watch netflix on two different TVs at the same time and never had issues either.

Since I have SH fibre router lying around, i am going to switch to SH fibre instead of MR and see the performance. If it can match MR, i guess i'll say goodbye to MR when its contract ends next year.

I’m still waiting for the phone call from Starhub, can I just walk into any Starhub shop and get the 24 months free broadband?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just go to the main shop. But wait, are you currently getting the free broadband?

Nope, I’m just only on StarHub TV, I read from comment here is the offer at StarHub shop is max 6 months, only StarHub online sales is able to offer 24 months free broadband

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually all isp are same same.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think i will get the same too..

now waiting for them to install fiber tv for me.

red_december

Reaction score
Nope, I’m just only on StarHub TV, I read from comment here is the offer at StarHub shop is max 6 months, only StarHub online sales is able to offer 24 months free broadband

Oh then i am not sure man. I re contracted my starhub cable tv to fibre tv last month only because they actually sent me a mail saying they have an offer for me where if i recontract to starhub fibre tv for 24 months, they would give me free broadband + $10 off + free installation point for fibre. I took it up because i was losing absolutely nothing and they obviously wanted to retain me as a customer when they stop their tv cable service.

TBH i feel they are damn cunning because last time i would tell them i don't want fibre broadband, just want fibre tv. They will always say sorry not possible as you die die must sign up for fibre broadband if you want fibre tv. ** now actually got the fibre uplink option of 15/month. Which also doesn't make sense.

Point is, if you can give fibre tv without signing up for your fibre broadband service (like how singtel provides this option), you should say upfront instead of lying about it.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh then i am not sure man. I re contracted my starhub cable tv to fibre tv last month only because they actually sent me a mail saying they have an offer for me where if i recontract to starhub fibre tv for 24 months, they would give me free broadband + $10 off + free installation point for fibre. I took it up because i was losing absolutely nothing and they obviously wanted to retain me as a customer when they stop their tv cable service.

TBH i feel they are damn cunning because last time i would tell them i don't want fibre broadband, just want fibre tv. They will always say sorry not possible as you die die must sign up for fibre broadband if you want fibre tv. ** now actually got the fibre uplink option of 15/month. Which also doesn't make sense.

Point is, if you can give fibre tv without signing up for your fibre broadband service (like how singtel provides this option), you should say upfront instead of lying about it.

I receive mailer from them too, but only offer 6 months free :(

I angry and throw away

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:eek: i dunno le

they schedule 2 slot for me.

1 is for ONT, antoher is for fibre

ONT was done last week (fri) to check the signal.
fibre will come and install this sat.

Why u want to install few months later?

Can they delay the installation date to a few months later?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Try to contact 1630 Sales (hotline) and do provide your subscriber details to ensure they key into their system to see if there is any special offer to you or not.

What you submit via online would be to internal sales dept to check their system based on subscriber details provided by you.
On when they would message or contact you would depend on their workload.

The sales hotline would either direct to online store or internal sales dept, depend on the caller intention.
If you are doing online store and encountered problems then sales hotline 1630 will redirect your call to online store.
For enquire on recontract/sign up would direct to sales staff.

Online store is an entity different from Starhub store especially different promotions &or discount.

Starhub shop sales staff usually do direct sales according to their ongoing promotions.
Unless they key in the customer details and then the system may/would show what sort of promotion offer, if any.

This is what i understand how their system works.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:eek: i dunno le

they schedule 2 slot for me.

1 is for ONT, antoher is for fibre

ONT was done last week (fri) to check the signal.
fibre will come and install this sat.

Why u want to install few months later?

Because my singtel broadband expiring in nov nia lol

So hope to start fiber in June lol

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Try to contact 1630 Sales (hotline) and do provide your subscriber details to ensure they key into their system to see if there is any special offer to you or not.

What you submit via online would be to internal sales dept to check their system based on subscriber details provided by you.
On when they would message or contact you would depend on their workload.

The sales hotline would either direct to online store or internal sales dept, depend on the caller intention.
If you are doing online store and encountered problems then sales hotline 1630 will redirect your call to online store.
For enquire on recontract/sign up would direct to sales staff.

Online store is an entity different from Starhub store especially different promotions &or discount.

Starhub shop sales staff usually do direct sales according to their ongoing promotions.
Unless they key in the customer details and then the system may/would show what sort of promotion offer, if any.

This is what i understand how their system works.

Same, caller 1633, first they say will get sales to call me, 1 week later I call them again in the afternoon and was told to visit Starhub shop to ask

Lol maybe because I’m only on d’life

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.