 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Seederad

Reaction score

noodless

Reaction score
From 4 april onwards u can. Registering only needed if you want to view your ride transactions from the app, if not they will just charge to the bank and you probably can't see how much the rides cost

Has anyone tried to use Apple Pay today? Does it work?

bryanzhi1

Reaction score
Great ! Thanks. So all those transfers will also be taken into account?

Yes, it will, I did a few trips using Samsung Pay and checked my SimplyGo account. It will function just like a normal ez-link in terms of fare transfer rules.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried today as well with my galaxy S10+
after adding the travel card in samsung pay, i can even tap without turning on my phone.
and yes its faster than during the trial i ad with iPhone7+

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Yes, it will, I did a few trips using Samsung Pay and checked my SimplyGo account. It will function just like a normal ez-link in terms of fare transfer rules.

Just to clarify this works like a EZ-Link card would for transit rebates unlike the trial(where it would display Bank Card Usage and not have rebates?)

bryanzhi1

Reaction score
Just to clarify this works like a EZ-Link card would for transit rebates unlike the trial(where it would display Bank Card Usage and not have rebates?)

I would think it would have rebates like a normal purchase, at least for UOB. Refer to https://uob.com.sg/transit

ashhong

Reaction score
tried using apple pay on train and bus for the first time. it works. however without Express Transit, the authentication is a bit troublesome

tec_geek

Reaction score
what is express transit?

Do NOTE: This is for Express Transit only and it is not available in SG
There is no need to authenticate as like making a payment but just tap or place the iPhone at the fare gate reader. And to top it all off, you can still use the card up to 5 hours after there is no power on your iPhone.

w2oi6Se.jpg

https://support.apple.com/en-ke/HT208539

Last edited:

ashhong

Reaction score
Do NOTE: This is for Express Transit only and it is not available in SG
There is no need to authenticate as like making a payment but just tap or place the iPhone at the fare gate reader. And to top it all off, you can still use the card up to 5 hours after there is no power on your iPhone.

w2oi6Se.jpg

https://support.apple.com/en-ke/HT208539

thanks for the explanation. hopefully they will add this soon.

another annoying thing with Apple Pay is that we can only add 8 cards. I always ran out of slot for it.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what is express transit?
Transit cards emulated and residing inside your phone/iCloud account. But not the format used by our transit system. For example, you can add Suica cards in with the SuicaEng app for use in Japan.

Akkigu

Reaction score
tried using apple pay on train and bus for the first time. it works. however without Express Transit, the authentication is a bit troublesome
Hi - does one need to have his / her master card as default card to use Apple Pay on transit?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.