The Hair Thread - Part 5

ecan07

Reaction score
Recently i have been waking up late so i have little time for a proper hair regime.
Found something that works surprisingly ok for me.
Got the Shishedo power spray or something previously when i saw it on sale on Shopee (bro LJH carries it as well).

So i din have time to wash/wet my hair, nor to blow dry it. I just see that my hair din look too oily or limpy in the morning, so used the spray, 2 - 3 sprays in my hair and tussle it like a pre-styler. din have to blow dry.
Then end off with a little MM TSB. Somehow i think this works better for me than a SSS then MSB. The volume was great, and TSB still make sure there is some texture and hold (not high hold). Din finish with a spray just to see how it holds up during the day, so far so good.

jcw_17

Reaction score
Is it i misunderstand or did you not blow dry your hair after applying SSS? Need to blow dry it with some medium heat at least to activate the effect i think.

I blow dry it after showering. spray then blow dry again

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I believe most effective to spray after towel dry. Not wet. Just towel dry. Just follow the bottle instructions. Perhaps certain brand require hair to be bone dry?

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SSS is liquid and not mist. Principle is to apply liquid based products on damp hair for best results. Likewise, dry textured products on dry hair. So you just have to apply SSS on damp hair (after shower) and blow dry.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my stylist recommended this Pop Up Matte Paste... i bought but didnt work well for my hair. I feel it wasnt very matt TBH

Don’t believe in the name totally. There are far too many products that I have personally came across as matte (stated on packaging) but it’s not. As always, take everything with a pinch of salt.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently i have been waking up late so i have little time for a proper hair regime.
Found something that works surprisingly ok for me.
Got the Shishedo power spray or something previously when i saw it on sale on Shopee (bro LJH carries it as well).

So i din have time to wash/wet my hair, nor to blow dry it. I just see that my hair din look too oily or limpy in the morning, so used the spray, 2 - 3 sprays in my hair and tussle it like a pre-styler. din have to blow dry.
Then end off with a little MM TSB. Somehow i think this works better for me than a SSS then MSB. The volume was great, and TSB still make sure there is some texture and hold (not high hold). Din finish with a spray just to see how it holds up during the day, so far so good.

Shiseido powder shake is buildable and you can use more than other SSS. But of course not too many times too. It works better on dry hair for me too as it’s a hybrid form of hair powder and SSS.

ecan07

Reaction score
Shiseido powder shake is buildable and you can use more than other SSS. But of course not too many times too. It works better on dry hair for me too as it’s a hybrid form of hair powder and SSS.

I see.
I bought it on a whim just to see if it works better or not. Somehow feel it might not be the product for me as I feel it may work better with longer hair? I prefer to keep my hair shorter.

On days where i have more time i still prefer the SSS route, just that i perspire so easily sometimes even blow drying makes me perspire, hence my hair v hard to go dry since the sweat keeps going back into the hair and the end result will just be bad.

nichsong

Reaction score
Have any bros tried firsthand clay pomade aka summer pomade? Looks like a promising product.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

kevpaang

Reaction score
Hmmm...so bro, based on your experience, can I use this powder shake as my pre-styler on damp hair?

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
any recommended stylists or salons for men's perm? preferbaly under 100. want to give it a shot as i noticed it seem to be able to pull off versatile styles with just little styling product used, especially on naturally straight asian hair that just falls downwards

nichsong

Reaction score
any recommended stylists or salons for men's perm? preferbaly under 100. want to give it a shot as i noticed it seem to be able to pull off versatile styles with just little styling product used, especially on naturally straight asian hair that just falls downwards

Leejhong bro has done perms before, you can prolly get a recommendation from him

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leejhong bro has done perms before, you can prolly get a recommendation from him

Mine is more than $100. So probably not a good recommendation.

I went to another place before to perm, which costs less than $100. It was about $60-$80 i think. Outcome was OK (ie able to achieve my desired styles) but i think the amount of chemicals used was not carefully calculated. Eventually, it damaged my hair badly that it made my hair extremely dry. It’s not a life and death issue as hair will still grow out, but I learned that perming and its preparatory activities (eg degree of curls, amount of chemicals used) are actually a test of the stylist’s experience and skills.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...so bro, based on your experience, can I use this powder shake as my pre-styler on damp hair?

You can. But my personal experience is that it works best on dry hair. Another option - You can try applying 1-2 times on damp hair first and blow dry. When it’s about 80-90% dry, then you add on subsequently. It should work well too.

kevpaang

Reaction score
You can. But my personal experience is that it works best on dry hair. Another option - You can try applying 1-2 times on damp hair first and blow dry. When it’s about 80-90% dry, then you add on subsequently. It should work well too.
Thanks bro!

tanteidaiko

Reaction score
Have any bros tried firsthand clay pomade aka summer pomade? Looks like a promising product.

Am using the summer pomade now, but not their rebranded clay pomade, but since Firsthand is claiming they are the same, i will trust them.
Currently my everyday driver. Hold is good, wash out is good too. The smell, a little too strong for me, but i heard the clay pomade has a different smell compared to the summer pomade.

nichsong

Reaction score
Am using the summer pomade now, but not their rebranded clay pomade, but since Firsthand is claiming they are the same, i will trust them.
Currently my everyday driver. Hold is good, wash out is good too. The smell, a little too strong for me, but i heard the clay pomade has a different smell compared to the summer pomade.

Brilliant. I just ordered a tub, hope it performs up to expectations.

Shinta

Reaction score
Usual side fade with medium length top. Able to style in clean look or volume look, depending on product use.
Like this look below.
2FmCi4Z.jpg

can the expert bros here recommend a wax/pomade that is easy to wash off? getting old and scare of hair loss

hairstyle as above

elmartin

Reaction score
can the expert bros here recommend a wax/pomade that is easy to wash off? getting old and scare of hair loss

hairstyle as above

- Just need to prestyle on damp hair.
- Hot blowdry while shaping the hair (use a round brush).
- Once you get the volume height, post style it and finish it with some wax/pomade.

Im sure bros here know more on product recommendation. Just helping you out on how to get that look since its my kind of hairstyle too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.