Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Either brake fused or brake switch or the rubber up lorry.
Later brake light on overnight. Morning cannot start.

LKS0896

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Brake fluid can TOP up ownself right? Just buy the correct spec then fill up to the max mark on the brake fluid reservoir.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Brake fluid can TOP up ownself right? Just buy the correct spec then fill up to the max mark on the brake fluid reservoir.

yes. mostly dot 4. if the level has gone done a lot, it could mean there's a leak somewhere.

LKS0896

Reaction score
yes. mostly dot 4. if the level has gone done a lot, it could mean there's a leak somewhere.

Thanks. Never really notice, last check I think last servicing about 3-4 months ago - full reservoir. Just check yesterday to TOP up washer fluid, going to reach min level. Will TOP up and monitor.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Never really notice, last check I think last servicing about 3-4 months ago - full reservoir. Just check yesterday to TOP up washer fluid, going to reach min level. Will TOP up and monitor.

My lazy way of doing it is once in a while in the morning, bend down and see if there's any fluids on the floor under the car bonnet area. At the same time make sure no cats hiding under the car especially on cold mornings.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if u can, go back to your mech and ask him to help u check and top up. usually they wont charge u if its just topping up a bit of dot 4. did the brake light (usually red with exclamation mark) come on?

funky05

Reaction score
Go for the "safety package" in any Hawk Tayar branch. It includes tyre rotation, balancing and alignment plus some basic checks (in case of any leak or spoilt part, it is up to you whether you want to change, no pressure) - for my B&B car it's RM 70 + 6% SST

https://www.hawktayar.com.my/products/safety-package

Usually I do this together with my oil change.

Can share which hawk tayar you went to? No posters at the hawk tayar i went to.. They wanna charge me RM90 + 6% SST claiming my SG plate 15" tyre is bigger in size than Malaysia 15" tyres.. I told the mechanic 'got such thing meh? That means SG men dick size also bigger hor' and walked off

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Can share which hawk tayar you went to? No posters at the hawk tayar i went to.. They wanna charge me RM90 + 6% SST claiming my SG plate 15" tyre is bigger in size than Malaysia 15" tyres.. I told the mechanic 'got such thing meh? That means SG men dick size also bigger hor' and walked off

I burst out laughing in the office after reading this. You made my day.

Seems like a lot of mixed reviews for Hawk Tyre, some say good, some have bad experience. I didn't try them before.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Koolaid, where you service your car in JB?

if u can, go back to your mech and ask him to help u check and top up. usually they wont charge u if its just topping up a bit of dot 4. did the brake light (usually red with exclamation mark) come on?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think they are like franchised chain. So really boils down to the particular shop you go to.

Seems like a lot of mixed reviews for Hawk Tyre, some say good, some have bad experience. I didn't try them before.

funky05

Reaction score

Haha glad I did.. if he had said rm80, i would have paid cos difference is ~ $3.. but he said rm90 and the reason he gave was like pri sch student telling reason

camotorpedo

Reaction score

I went to the one at Giant Southern City, mine is 15" too and confirm is RM 70. Hawk is not the cheapest workshop in JB but so far for me never came across such tricks leh.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Koolaid, where you service your car in JB?

Oil change mainly in sg. Jb quoted me from rm500 to rm800+, for jap n German oil. :(

The rest I go to ah yuan now. Tires wheel alignment balancing fuel pump bearings mounting...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.