View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #1139
Millimeter

Would like to get your advice please after realising that I need to be wiser about my financial planning. Iím 33, and will be getting my BTO in about 2 yearsí time. Likely to take the HDB loan, because itís generally less complicated and itís my wifeís preference. I currently have these insurances:
  • A term life
  • A whole life insurance
  • DII
  • Critical illness coverage
  • Upgraded shield plan

So in terms of protection I think Iím generally okay.

But I feel that my current cash assets are not being maximised, because most of my cash is just sitting in my UOB account and Iíve actually gone beyond the $75k limit for the bonus interest. So Iím trying to be smarter with my money. I top-up $7k to my CPF SA, as well as the max $15k to my SRS as well. In terms of investments, I currently hold some ES3 and a little bit of the SG Savings Bond but thatís all. I have some questions:

1. Iím thinking of doing DCA, likely on a monthly basis into a broader basket of ETFs. Ideally a mix that would expand my portfolio beyond the SG market. Would Interactive Brokers be the right platform to use?
  2. Assuming that I already have enough cash for emergencies, how many % of my monthly income (after CPF deductions, SA/SRS top-ups) should I invest?
  3. Is there a recommended ratio of foreign ETFs vs local ETFs vs bonds that I should have?
  4. Is there a simple spreadsheet somewhere for me to track my DCA and the portfolio ratios?

Not sure if Iím making any sense at all, but Iíd really appreciate your help.
Millimeter is offline   Reply With Quote