Wechat wallet

jywy2005

Master Member
Reaction score
I managed to open an ICBC account 2 years ago in Yunnan province. Guess you need to try the more remote 2nd or 3 tier cities.

I usually bank in to my local BOC account so that I can withdraw cash there and then bank into my ICBC China account. Very troublesome, but better than carrying loads of cash around.

All our banks in Singapore cannot transfer Chinese Yuan to China, even for BOC, unless you have a chinese ID.

The only way is via money changer but got to pay for service charge.

Adt007

Reaction score
Those who wish to convert SGD to wechat or wechat to SGD feel free to pm me :D

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was in china few dayz ago

Try to pay cash as i do not have alipay or wechat pay
To my surprise store got no small change

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who wish to convert SGD to wechat or wechat to SGD feel free to pm me :D

So looks like there are still tricks for 3rd party to provide such services.

Not so sure how it works for those new wechat users without a mainland China bank card.

I understand this may be your trade secret still just curious to ask if you temporary link a mainland China bank card to the wechat card to top up and then unlink the card, right? No need to answer if you feel uncomfortable to answer...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was in china few dayz ago

Try to pay cash as i do not have alipay or wechat pay
To my surprise store got no small change

My experiences of using cash in small towns were still okay as there are still old folks and students using cash. But yes using WeChat Pay was so much more convenient...

There were posters in front of the banks asking merchants not to discriminate cash, which means cash (small amount) is really being discriminated...

Last edited:

Ghost^recon

Reaction score

Not so sure how it works for those new wechat users without a mainland China bank card.

I understand this may be your trade secret still just curious to ask if you temporary link a mainland China bank card to the wechat card to top up and then unlink the card, right? No need to answer if you feel uncomfortable to answer...

can link sg debit/credit card too....

Adt007

Reaction score

I have links with many China people in Singapore

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got link to buy their IC/bank account, bank token and mobile sim card? :s34:

like that solve all the problem liao for those who can't open a bank account in china

2i0cj9e.jpg

Adt007

Reaction score
I still can receive and send hongbao and also can transfer. (By the way whats the difference between sending angbao and transfer ?)

Those who wish to convert SGD to wechat or wechat to SGD feel free to pm me

xiaoxin0226

Reaction score
I am able to link my credit card to my wechat wallet, if i make transaction using my wechat, when my credit card bill comes do i accumulate overseas transaction?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am able to link my credit card to my wechat wallet, if i make transaction using my wechat, when my credit card bill comes do i accumulate overseas transaction?

No need to worry about that now. You will not be able to carry out any transaction with the SG credit card anyway.

Check you can top up your wechat wallet or not first as the first step. You can try that by receiving Ang Bao from your friends with working wechat wallet.

cdstgeorge

Reaction score
Mine used to work I had linked my dbs card and still have a balance. I topped up by getting friend's to send red packets. As of today it says must link mainland bank card. I can still send money that is in there out. So problematic

SibehHL

Reaction score
Mine used to work I had linked my dbs card and still have a balance. I topped up by getting friend's to send red packets. As of today it says must link mainland bank card. I can still send money that is in there out. So problematic

The procedure is design to prevent money laundering. In any case, the WeChat wallet function is catered for mainly Chinese users.

Qwinkx

Reaction score
Is this the same even if I use ICBC card issued in SG?

No need to worry about that now. You will not be able to carry out any transaction with the SG credit card anyway.

Check you can top up your wechat wallet or not first as the first step. You can try that by receiving Ang Bao from your friends with working wechat wallet.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes they start the process to tighten the rules from February to prevent money laundering and fund exiting from mainland China. I think it may well be a matter of time that my wechat wallet will suffer the same fate as well.

Anyway, you can still spend the remaining amount.

I have RMB2500 in my wechat wallet and it will last a while as I only pay for apps and send ang bao occasionally.

Last edited:

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes they start the process to tighten the rules from February to prevent money laundering and fund exiting from mainland China. I think it may well be a matter of time that my wechat wallet will suffer the same fate as well.

Anyway, you can still spend the remaining amount.

I have RMB2500 in my wechat wallet and it will last a while as I only pay for apps and send ang bao occasionally.

Same fate. Cannot received anymore funds through transfer or Hong bao already. Sad.

Taxiboy

Reaction score
Ya damn sad. I can no longer receive money from my friend anymore.
How about alipay ? Does it works the same?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.