Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, If you are facing with any installments or debt issues with the moneylenders, please approach Blessed Grace Social Services. They are able to help you restructure your loans.

For loansharks issues, you can approach too. They have valuable advise on how to deal with them.

Need to join religion ?
Need to pay admin fees ? :s11:

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Hi guy ,today there is one more UML call me and said that I owe them money and is time to pay them . It an number start will 106xxxxxxx.
Do any know where is this number from

Messup

Reaction score
Hi guy ,today there is one more UML call me and said that I owe them money and is time to pay them . It an number start will 106xxxxxxx.

Please report this call and number to your IO.

But why do you answer this call in the first place?

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Please report this call and number to your IO.

But why do you answer this call in the first place?

Is my colleague pick up cause he see my phone ringing.
I have already report it .but now they since like more aggressive on calling and send pictures to me on whatapp

Trustdade

Reaction score
I got recieve too, out off sudden call me and scold father scold mother, i scold rhem baxk and challenge them then no call no sound liao.....

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should change phone number. Don't talk to them.

Is my colleague pick up cause he see my phone ringing.
I have already report it .but now they since like more aggressive on calling and send pictures to me on whatapp

green72

Reaction score
I google country code 106 is taiwan.

They can use illegal spoofing telecom equipment to generate fake number too. Most like from Malaysia only but pretend taiwan.

Install call blocking already lar. Don't you hate to receive such calls? Why still receive and answer some more?

Go google app store and install Call blocker app by Vlad lee. Got many app same name but the one by this guy works best.

Go install now lar.

green72

Reaction score
Hi all, If you are facing with any installments or debt issues with the moneylenders, please approach Blessed Grace Social Services. They are able to help you restructure your loans.

For loansharks issues, you can approach too. They have valuable advise on how to deal with them.
Hey, stop paying to loansharks. You are only making debtors to be involve in UML activities by paying.

It's against the law in Singapore.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.

Last edited:

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
Hi just new in this line recently i have borrowed few from UML thru my whatsapp but some of them i already clear accept 1did not want me to clear until now still paying defer. Always telling me no account for me right now I stop paying but my concern is before I take a loan I'm thinking after i selling my house i can clear all my LM and UML unfortunately my LM i pay off accept UML i can't clear. My main concern is if i don't pay to UML will affected to my new owner who buy my house .please advise me what to do. Until now i never make a police report.please help me your advice. Thks u

Spidie

Reaction score
Can we like troll all these uml and make them waste time. Provide them all the fake info and let them think it's real

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Messup

Reaction score
Can we like troll all these uml and make them waste time. Provide them all the fake info and let them think it's real

Moneylenders' Act (Revised Edition 2010)

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.

Reaction score
Hi just new in this line recently i have borrowed few from UML thru my whatsapp but some of them i already clear accept 1did not want me to clear until now still paying defer. Always telling me no account for me right now I stop paying but my concern is before I take a loan I'm thinking after i selling my house i can clear all my LM and UML unfortunately my LM i pay off accept UML i can't clear. My main concern is if i don't pay to UML will affected to my new owner who buy my house .please advise me what to do. Until now i never make a police report.please help me your advice. Thks u

LM - Negotiate for reasonable plan and try and pay off asap.
UML - many are just plain scams and you can never finish paying if you ever pay, so stop paying and break the cycle.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Spidie

Reaction score

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.
I mean provide fictions address which are not found and then give them false contact which they call always engage.

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
I mean provide fictions address which are not found and then give them false contact which they call always engage.

I mean before i selling my house i already took Loan with LM and UML not after i selling my house i take a loan. I know that is offence give a false address to borrow money from LM and UML. That why I asking your all advise who knows better than me. Because I have no experience regarding the UML if not paying them until now my loan from 2k reach to 6k already.Now seeking for your all advice because I first time counter this situation

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No money just use less money loh.
Why wanna take other people money ?
You think they don't have Google ?
Why you wanna waste SPF time and land yourself in jail?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I mean before i selling my house i already took Loan with LM and UML not after i selling my house i take a loan. I know that is offence give a false address to borrow money from LM and UML. That why I asking your all advise who knows better than me. Because I have no experience regarding the UML if not paying them until now my loan from 2k reach to 6k already.Now seeking for your all advice because I first time counter this situation

Please go and make a police report.
After you sell your house, your family stay where ?

green72

Reaction score
I believe this thread caters to those who have been harassed by UML. We cannot advise you on what to do next after borrow from UML and cannot pay.

Nobody here shld suggest to borrow from UML with intent to run.

But I suggest to stop giving business to UML.

If you done it, stop paying, block contact. Report to SPF. Wait for harassment, report again to SPF if harassed and wait again for subsequent harassment. Install CCTV. Catch runner on video footage, report to SPF again. Repeat.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now I'm staying with my dad house. Until now i can't clear my Loan with them always no account for me every week i paying defer

Why you still talk to them ?
Why you still pay to them ?
Why you don't go make a police report ?
Ask Police for advice better than online forum right ? ;)

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
Why you still talk to them ?
Why you still pay to them ?
Why you don't go make a police report ?
Ask Police for advice better than online forum right ? ;)

Not i don't want make police reports due to i already sold my old house. I'm scared my new owner who buy my house will suffer because my Silly mistake i have done. That why I joined this forums. Maybe some of them will helping me with my situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.