Detention barrack experience / info

80Mrss

Reaction score
Hi. My son is a closed arrestee at SAF DB. His urine was tested positive for cannabis and now awaiting for court date. Would like to know what goes on inside? How long roughly till he gets sentenced? How long will the sentence be? Any info at all will be appreciated please. Please enlighten this very worried parent.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. My son is a closed arrestee at SAF DB. His urine was tested positive for cannabis and now awaiting for court date. Would like to know what goes on inside? How long roughly till he gets sentenced? How long will the sentence be? Any info at all will be appreciated please. Please enlighten this very worried parent.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/search.php?searchid=38390901

Calander

Reaction score

only your defence lawyer can answer u this. if you did not appoint one, waiting for the hearing will be much harder.

Adt007

Reaction score

I was a military police. as long as he guai guai inside there and dont **** around with us, he will be ok.

if he try to guai lan or disobey the MPs , then anything can happen.

don't worry, the MPs will teach him what is call respect and discipline.

changi prison is a holiday chalet compare to detention barracks.

and whatever time he spent inside DB DOES NOT count towards NS …. his ORD will be extended.

oh and he will have criminal records too.. with the army and CNB

80Mrss

Reaction score
I was a military police. as long as he guai guai inside there and dont **** around with us, he will be ok.

if he try to guai lan or disobey the MPs , then anything can happen.

don't worry, the MPs will teach him what is call respect and discipline.

changi prison is a holiday chalet compare to detention barracks.

and whatever time he spent inside DB DOES NOT count towards NS …. his ORD will be extended.

oh and he will have criminal records too.. with the army and CNB

Once sentenced what are the things he can do? Like study or anything?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If they cannot use the link that I searched, then teach them how to lor.

Pretty sure that is better than leaving them in the lurch.

I'm sure u can do a little better than just teaching them the forum technicalities. :o

I know some users post many similar questions that can be found with a search, but if they are new users, then perhaps u can just repeat the info if u know.

gznster

Reaction score
I'm sure u can do a little better than just teaching them the forum technicalities. :o

I know some users post many similar questions that can be found with a search, but if they are new users, then perhaps u can just repeat the info if u know.

Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime.

Yes, everyone knows this, but TS is just a 4-post new user and a worried mum, so giving her a fish for now is more appropriate than teaching her how to fish. :s22:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Easier to type the instructions on how to search than to copy and paste the links of all the threads. Quite a few.

And at the same time teach TS how to fish for more.

Killing 2 birds with one stone

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, everyone knows this, but TS is just a 4-post new user and a worried mum, so giving her a fish for now is more appropriate than teaching her how to fish. :s22:

Not true to be honest. I don’t think everybody knows this. A lot of ppl like to be spoon fed.

80Mrss

Reaction score
Thank u everybody. Yes I am a very new user to all this. My search for detention barrack on google lead me to this site. I will learn.

Any other info about db please.

I just want to know that he will be ok and not just be facing 4 walls.

80Mrss

Reaction score
Not true to be honest. I don’t think everybody knows this. A lot of ppl like to be spoon fed.

I have found the thread u shared. Thank u. Was wondering if stuff then will be the same now. As those I read were from years ago.

80Mrss

Reaction score

Thank u. What is TS by the way?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.