Status
Not open for further replies.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I asked the synology HQ.

Here is their reply.
If it has no reaction to power, check the small green LED on PSU, see if it constantly light up? if it is being dim or off, then it could be due to PSU, else it is likely due to motherboard failure which need to request RMA to replace the whole unit.

Or ask me to send it back, which cost USD$54 for Asia.

May as well go tb buy :(

sectional86

Reaction score
I asked the synology HQ.

Here is their reply.
If it has no reaction to power, check the small green LED on PSU, see if it constantly light up? if it is being dim or off, then it could be due to PSU, else it is likely due to motherboard failure which need to request RMA to replace the whole unit.

I was quoted the same cost, but did they say usd54 was to cover both ways or one way?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone at Carousell letting go a new DS418 at $475.

I asked the synology HQ.

Here is their reply.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think is 2 way.. but on other hand, i scare it included other fee

DS is defective, due to the device warranty hasn't expire for long time, I can help you to try apply exception RMA, see if any chance to get it approved, but you will be eligible for both way shipping cost.

In this case, you might possibly be charged all the fees that including two-way freight, duties, taxes and brokerage fee. Please, be aware that you need to pre-pay the return freight fee in advance. (USD$46 for Hong Kong&Macau、USD$54 for Asia、USD$84 for Oceania、USD$90 for Europe)

I was quoted the same cost, but did they say usd54 was to cover both ways or one way?

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i bought in Singapore..............

The NAS cost $500 plus and it spoilt after 2yr.
It so worst than a desktop, although it look like a desktop but the MB is their own brand

Price sounds reasonable lei for hardware these days.

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ah thanks. the one i get already come with the OS. i will get and try it.:s12::s12:

You can download the dsm and 'flash' it to your oem nas. No problem just alot of work that some people prefer not to.

If you are up for it it can be done.

I did mine years ago previously i finally go with Synology. Now should still be ok.

SyncGuy

Reaction score
ah thanks. the one i get already come with the OS. i will get and try it.:s12::s12:

Aiya... If you really want, I sell you la. LoL!

I decommissioned my DIY NAS. I can install and set up for you the latest DSM 6.2.1...

Following are the hardware:
Asrock N3150 ITX ac
2x4gb RAM
Silverstone DS380B

Just need to provide your own PSU, HDD, and thumb drive.

Ai mai?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:/

the one i get come with everything le.. included SSD. n i just need 4bay. U one too big for me.
except hdd for storage

Aiya... If you really want, I sell you la. LoL!

I decommissioned my DIY NAS. I can install and set up for you the latest DSM 6.2.1...

Following are the hardware:
Asrock N3150 ITX ac
2x4gb RAM
Silverstone DS380B

Just need to provide your own PSU, HDD, and thumb drive.

Ai mai?

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I asked again, send in the unit myself to RMA, once replacement, pay US$54 to ship back.

Last edited:

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry

My Nas power brick died

Does anyone know if I can buy from Lazada or need to go down to service center to get a replacement?

Got the set on 17 Jun 2017 from Hachi.tech. it's a ds416play

Quite scary cause my NAS was powered off but the mains was connected to the power brick at 4 plus am in the morning when I heard popping sounds. and it tripped my hdb flat main electricity too. I only power on on weekends and in the evenings around 7.30pm- 2 am on weekdays.

edit I realise I was using the previous ds414 adapter from year 2013 all along. found the adapter that came with the ds416play up in the cupboard and replaced that and the NAS powers on

would be good to know where else I can buy an adaptor tho

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do you ppl think it worth to send in the unit myself to RMA, once replacement, pay US$54 to ship back.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The shop that sell the nas got sell.

Sorry

My Nas power brick died

Does anyone know if I can buy from Lazada or need to go down to service center to get a replacement?

Quite scary cause my NAS was powered off but the mains was connected to the power brick at 4 plus am in the morning when I heard popping sounds. and it tripped my hdb flat main electricity too. I only power on on weekends and in the evenings around 7.30pm- 2 am on weekdays.

edit I realise I was using the previous ds414 adapter from year 2013 all along. found the adapter that came with the ds416play up in the cupboard and replaced that and the NAS powers on

sectional86

Reaction score
Do you ppl think it worth to send in the unit myself to RMA, once replacement, pay US$54 to ship back.

Probably u wanna check out the postal rate to Taiwan? This was also what is holding me back to RMA back to Taiwan.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I roughly check, if parcel is 5kg. It cost around S$59 (Up to 5 kg) to send to Taiwan via Speedpost Standard.
Qxpress cost S$61.90

US$54 = S$73

i check tht my DS weight around 2.04 kg
So is S$59+ S$73 = S$132

Edit: My set warranty is expiry so now wait for synology if they are willing to approve my RMA.
Synology say once approval, they will sure send me back a working set.
If approve, i will send the unit back once for all... & rethink my back up options

End of the day, i used Qxpress.
qxpress 2-3kg cost around S$61.90

I bought a $50 coupon and used LIVE10 coupon $10 = ($50 - $10 = $40 + $5 qpoint = $35)
Pay the rest using cc (cash) when request pickup

Probably u wanna check out the postal rate to Taiwan? This was also what is holding me back to RMA back to Taiwan.

Last edited:

Meatfactory

Reaction score
Sorry

My Nas power brick died

I ordered my replacement power brick from here.
https://sg.element14.com/

My nas died and the power brick won’t turn on. The led on the brick does not have any light. So I hope it’s just the brick that’s spoilt and not the nas itself.

Once I get this fixed, I need to rethink my back up options. All
My photos and documents are in the nas.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My nas died and the power brick won’t turn on. The led on the brick does not have any light. So I hope it’s just the brick that’s spoilt and not the nas itself.

Either
1 NAS, 1 Cloud
Or
2 NAS like myself.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I use 2 NAS and 1 cloud storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.