[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

mliolukiye

Reaction score
What a PopSound4 PRO.

Everytime I play, I'll open my cupboard else the ps4 fan will go frantic. It sounds like it's going to "limit break".

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone use paid power leveling services?

wanna play division 2 but no time to grind to lvl 30

just wanna play endgame

symbiote28

Reaction score
anyone use paid power leveling services?

wanna play division 2 but no time to grind to lvl 30

just wanna play endgame

just enjoy the grind to level 30. the real game starts after that. i've been grinding for the past 2 weekends and i'm at world tier 4 now.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not feasible to upgrade to SSD for PS4, the improvement isn't very
noticeable unlike on PC.
For me 1TB is just nice for my PS4 pro, if need extra space
can either:

- Backup PS4 and reinitialize the PS4
This will clear all the data and PS4 might run smoother
- External HDD
You can use External HDD with PS4

I have a sandisk 1TB SSD lying around. IS the step esay to do?

My 500GB running out of space soon.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why not do the easier way and hook up your external hdd and just install your games there?

you don't have to only use the internal hard drive, you know?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a sandisk 1TB SSD lying around. IS the step esay to do?

My 500GB running out of space soon.
You need 3 HDDs for this:
(A) The current internal HDD in the PS4 (of cos you already have this)
(B) The new HDD to replace (A) inside the PS4. Everything currently on (B) will be wiped.
(C) USB external HDD for backing up (A) temporarily. Of cos (C) will need enough free space to accommodate your used space in (A). Other existing files on this HDD will not be wiped.

Then the steps are:
1. Backup (A) to (C) using [Settings] > [System] > [Back Up and Restore]. This can take a very long time. Sync your trophies before the next step.

2. Swap (A) and (B) physically.

3. Restore (C) to (B) using the same utility. This will restore everything, including games, user accounts, saved games etc. (but any trophies not sync to the server will be gone). Again, this step can take very long.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why not do the easier way and hook up your external hdd and just install your games there?

you don't have to only use the internal hard drive, you know?

That means i have to keep the HDD plugged in al the while?

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you’re not happy with your PSN name, Sony is letting PlayStation users change it starting today. The feature launched in beta in October 2018, but anyone will be able to do it either on their PS4 console or through a browser. I’m one of those cool people who makes all of my usernames into a play on my actual name, so I’m still pretty happy with “faulknerd,” but if your PSN name doesn’t xX_reflect_Xx the current you, it’s easy to change it.

In terms of pricing, the first name change is free. After that, if you decide that you’d like to change it again, it’ll cost you $9.99 each time. But if you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, it’s only $4.99 for repeat name adjustments.

Sony claims in its FAQ that your old usernames will still belong to you, and if you choose to, you can roll back to a previous PSN name for free. To smooth over the adjustment process of having a new name for both you and your PSN friends, there’s an option to display your prior name next to your new one for 30 day.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/10/18304487/psn-name-change-playstation-price-plus

I don't think i want to risk losing my level and stuff i've earned in online games just for a name change... For people who have not bought your PS4 and is intending to do so, please think of a good nick to use so that you don't feel remorseful when people asked you for your PSN ID...

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chip and power supply fried. $220 to repair. But not guarantee can be repair (after replace fried chip).

to repair or buy new. :s22::s13:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chip and power supply fried. $220 to repair. But not guarantee can be repair (after replace fried chip).

buy new one....

you can even just buy a refurbished slim to tie your over till next year's inevitable PS5 launch.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score

Fried chip means motherboard need to change away? Where you go to repair anw? Sony?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.