Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not i don't want make police reports due to i already sold my old house. I'm scared my new owner who buy my house will suffer because my Silly mistake i have done. That why I joined this forums. Maybe some of them will helping me with my situation

You are very selfish. Loanshark confirm will come to the address and disturb. Faster go and make a police report. By the way, you never tell the buyer about the loan shark history ? Agent no say or the buyer no ask ?

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
You are very selfish. Loanshark confirm will come to the address and disturb. Faster go and make a police report. By the way, you never tell the buyer about the loan shark history ? Agent no say or the buyer no ask ?
Sorry before i bought this house from HDB this house already kena LS HDB officer also dun informed me. Until I found out with my neighbor before i buy this house they say previous owner have loan with LS. For my case i want to settle all my debt with all LML and UML.that why i never report to police. Is OK bro if you think I'm selfish and created a problem to people I'm trying my best to clear all my Loan with UML but this 1 UML don't want me to clear my Loan.Thank You for your kind advise to me

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
I'm selling my house is not because of LS is my arreas loan with HDB

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry before i bought this house from HDB this house already kena LS HDB officer also dun informed me. Until I found out with my neighbor before i buy this house they say previous owner have loan with LS. For my case i want to settle all my debt with all LML and UML.that why i never report to police. Is OK bro if you think I'm selfish and created a problem to people I'm trying my best to clear all my Loan with UML but this 1 UML don't want me to clear my Loan.Thank You for your kind advise to me

Stop paying UML. Stop it. Faster go and make a police report. Use the money for your children or parents instead of paying to UML.

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
Mak, you have a kind heart as mentioned by me before. Inspite of your problem with scammers , you kept advising others. Yes it is indeed stressful to cope.
Even bro Delceer advised new victims to read up.
Yes they MUST read up past threads to match their experience and decide the next course of action.
This is a thankless job , no reward or incentive to keep us going. Its simply volunteerism.

I also want to thank those who voluntarily come back to help while wait out the harrassments.
Hi Makminah I'm new in this forum i asking everyone in this forum for your advise recently i taking Loan with LML and ULML before I selling my house. After i selling my house i settle all my debt But the problem i had is1 ULML don't let me clear until now i still paying and till now I never make a police report due to dun want my new owner suffer because my Silly mistake. I know people thinking i sabotage to new owner for me is OK what your saying about me now already trying to clear my Loan with ULML but still not clear.that why i need sis and bro out there helping me or advise me. I already go for counseling still confused because my counseling tell me don't report to the police is there no harrashment or evidence to my old house.and one if I make a police report police will asking me why take loan before selling my house. Until now I don't know what to do every night i 😢 thinking about this problem because this is my first time counter this situation. Please help me thks u

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
Stop paying UML. Stop it. Faster go and make a police report. Use the money for your children or parents instead of paying to UML.
Thks for your advise not i don't want make police reports because later police asked me why you taking Loan before you selling your house that is my concern. Now I confused about this problem. I really don't know what to do thinking about my old house

Spidie

Reaction score
I only ask about the loan from the uml and then provide them all the details but I never agree to loan. They straight away transfer me 500 after few days saying loan from them. Say what process already . I tell them I never agree then they tell me cannot return. I say if cannot return then I report police. Then later call back say transfer the 500 to another account. I transfer. After that call me again say who tell you to transfer. I never tell you to transfer. Then I say u want to play like that I go police now. Then he tell me I see how long the police can protect your house.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Spidie

Reaction score
Then after that I saw this thread. I stop answering whatsapp and call. Ban all the number and WhatsApp msg. Then receive many unknown call with out number but I never pickup. So question now is will they make trouble for me ? In fact I never loan anything from them. Till now one week they only call my phone with unknown number other than that nothing happen. So any idea they will do aNything to me ?

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi Makminah I'm new in this forum i asking everyone in this forum for your advise recently i taking Loan with LML and ULML before I selling my house. After i selling my house i settle all my debt But the problem i had is1 ULML don't let me clear until now i still paying and till now I never make a police report due to dun want my new owner suffer because my Silly mistake. I know people thinking i sabotage to new owner for me is OK what your saying about me now already trying to clear my Loan with ULML but still not clear.that why i need sis and bro out there helping me or advise me. I already go for counseling still confused because my counseling tell me don't report to the police is there no harrashment or evidence to my old house.and one if I make a police report police will asking me why take loan before selling my house. Until now I don't know what to do every night i 😢 thinking about this problem because this is my first time counter this situation. Please help me thks u

Hi Yamaha. So let me understand this clearly. You borrowed from afew LML and UML, you paid off all of them except for this 1 UML who keeps on asking you to defer? Am I right?

Those that keeps on asking you to defer and most probably scams. They want to earn more money from you. They know you're an easy target and has been all along paying their deferments without fail. How long have you been paying them? And how long have you borrowed from them before you decide to sell the house?
The reason I am asking is because my advise to you would be go and make a police report. Tell them the truth and see what they will advise you to do. The thing is you dont want to get into trouble with the UML but you also wouldn't want to get into trouble with the law. If you're able to justify that you sell your house not because of UML issue to the police, I dont think there will be any problem. I am not in a position to tell you what to do or not to do cause at the end of the day, you know better than anyone else how the situation is like.

As of right now, cut all contacts with the UML and make the police report. Show them everything (transactions, convertions and etc) and come clean and ask the police what your next step is suppose to be. Dont mean to sound rude or bitchy but if ANYTHING were to happen, it's the police who will help you out immediately. Not people from the forum. It's not like we can be phycially be there to help whenever you post something here. The best option you have is to be honest and report to the police. Of course the police wont take any actions and there were no damage done to you or your property but at least having you report in their record will safe guard you in the future. Better be safe than sorry.
I really hope this helps. Remember to STOP ALL CONTACTS AND STOP PAYING THEM.

I'm sure you've read through the thread most of us will provide you the same advise.
Good luck and keep us updated. 💪💪

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score
Then after that I saw this thread. I stop answering whatsapp and call. Ban all the number and WhatsApp msg. Then receive many unknown call with out number but I never pickup. So question now is will they make trouble for me ? In fact I never loan anything from them. Till now one week they only call my phone with unknown number other than that nothing happen. So any idea they will do aNything to me ?

Brother. They are messing with you right now. Dont have to be afraid. You transferred back the money right? Basically you dont owe them anything. Just that they are trying to get more money from you by scaring you. Report to the police and just be vigilant.

Lay low and pray that everything will die off soon. The call and texting from unknown numbers and most probably other "company" trying to offer you loan. Ignore and block all of them. Remember that if you're enquiring abt a loan, never ever pass you personal particulars if the is no black and white in papers.

Goodluck ya.

Spidie

Reaction score
Brother. They are messing with you right now. Dont have to be afraid. You transferred back the money right? Basically you dont owe them anything. Just that they are trying to get more money from you by scaring you. Report to the police and just be vigilant.

Lay low and pray that everything will die off soon. The call and texting from unknown numbers and most probably other "company" trying to offer you loan. Ignore and block all of them. Remember that if you're enquiring abt a loan, never ever pass you personal particulars if the is no black and white in papers.

Goodluck ya.
Thanks but once i say report police they give me an account number to transfer. Then later call back say never ask me transfer. Dunno why they do that. So should i be afraid with their threats ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Yamaha MT03

Reaction score
Hi Yamaha. So let me understand this clearly. You borrowed from afew LML and UML, you paid off all of them except for this 1 UML who keeps on asking you to defer? Am I right?

Those that keeps on asking you to defer and most probably scams. They want to earn more money from you. They know you're an easy target and has been all along paying their deferments without fail. How long have you been paying them? And how long have you borrowed from them before you decide to sell the house?
The reason I am asking is because my advise to you would be go and make a police report. Tell them the truth and see what they will advise you to do. The thing is you dont want to get into trouble with the UML but you also wouldn't want to get into trouble with the law. If you're able to justify that you sell your house not because of UML issue to the police, I dont think there will be any problem. I am not in a position to tell you what to do or not to do cause at the end of the day, you know better than anyone else how the situation is like.

As of right now, cut all contacts with the UML and make the police report. Show them everything (transactions, convertions and etc) and come clean and ask the police what your next step is suppose to be. Dont mean to sound rude or bitchy but if ANYTHING were to happen, it's the police who will help you out immediately. Not people from the forum. It's not like we can be phycially be there to help whenever you post something here. The best option you have is to be honest and report to the police. Of course the police wont take any actions and there were no damage done to you or your property but at least having you report in their record will safe guard you in the future. Better be safe than sorry.
I really hope this helps. Remember to STOP ALL CONTACTS AND STOP PAYING THEM.

I'm sure you've read through the thread most of us will provide you the same advise.
Good luck and keep us updated. 💪💪
Hi Makminah conversation with them i already deleted only i keep the receipt i pay to them. I just take loan with this UMLM is 2000 clear 2400 since January i start paying defer untill March.recently they asking me taking other loan but i denies. Now i confused about this problem.On Febuary i went to counseling session they also tell me don't pay but never mention to me make police reports but I already told them my problems is.if I make police reports I scared they will question me why the first thing you selling your house you take Loan that is my concern. Please advise me because I'm first time at counter the situation. I'm selling my house because my arrear with HDB that why I'm selling my house. The u for your advise

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Makminah conversation with them i already deleted only i keep the receipt i pay to them. I just take loan with this UMLM is 2000 clear 2400 since January i start paying defer untill March.recently they asking me taking other loan but i denies. Now i confused about this problem.On Febuary i went to counseling session they also tell me don't pay but never mention to me make police reports but I already told them my problems is.if I make police reports I scared they will question me why the first thing you selling your house you take Loan that is my concern. Please advise me because I'm first time at counter the situation. I'm selling my house because my arrear with HDB that why I'm selling my house. The u for your advise

Sometimes I really wonder whether poor people really always make bad decision.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...son-in-singapore-to-make-good-decisions-study
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...oor-decisions-singapore-class-divide-10965206
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/why-low-income-parents-may-make-poor-choices
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/how-scarcity-affects-decision-making-poor

green72

Reaction score
Now I'm staying with my dad house. Until now i can't clear my Loan with them always no account for me every week i paying defer
Nobody got harmed so far in this thread after realising that after stop paying plus the steps taken, UML will go away even if full amount not paid.

You know what to do after reading at least a month back of posts here. Many of us did and no more harassments.

Might take a while for some as long as the UML knows you are scared of them and pay out of fear.

They love victims that fear them. Makes their job very easy. I and everyone panicked like you when it happened to us too. Sleepness nights and no appetite or drive to live. It's a normal reaction.

They might up their effort by sending runners to do stuff to your house but their runners are always caught.This is to ensure you continue to fear them if they feel you are beginning to understand the game they play.

How often can they find new runners?

Make the step and stop paying. Our UMLs are not like those overseas. They won't stake out near your house or follow you around. They only know how to scare you. Their runners are also scared and panicky and will run rather than confront you if caught red-handed.

Let's together stop paying, all you reading this but shy to share your problem here.

Make them poor as much as they have ruined our lives. Help the SPF catch their runners and destroy their business.

SPF will protect you. Stop listening to talk SPF not helpful and such.

Remember first step, stop paying. Let them suffer. Payback time.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
With regards to false address, if it's not your intent with proof, you need not worry.

We sense you worry too much about this. Based on your story timeline, I feel you are not giving false info to the UML. Bank transaction records can proof that.

Why still hesitate to report if you are not wrong? Of course, maybe SPF will ask if you have told the home buyer of your UML problem. That answer, only you know how to reply.

My advise, come clean in your police report. Don't get in trouble with the law by lying. Thats far worse then any UML threats.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Spidie . They trying to fxxk with you. Tell them to fxxk spider. Listen to what our bros and siss have to say. Yes they will bother your nok and work place. So be prepared.

We here provide counselling foc and I am thankful to those actively helping in this forum .
Green72, good job.

Thanks but once i say report police they give me an account number to transfer. Then later call back say never ask me transfer. Dunno why they do that. So should i be afraid with their threats ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

green72

Reaction score
Spidie . They trying to fxxk with you. Tell them to fxxk spider. Listen to what our bros and siss have to say. Yes they will bother your nok and work place. So be prepared.

We here provide counselling foc and I am thankful to those actively helping in this forum .
Green72, good job.
After my own case and advise by you, makminah and many others here, it has become my calling of sorts.

Every single time new victims seek advise, I'm reminded of the mental hardship I faced.

I hope we can give you guys, the new victims the mental strength to fight this as I was given when I myself was in it.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro. We are not judges of poor or bad decisions.decisions are made at critical time , turn left or right also masuk longkang. Circumstances and people are different. Thats why we are here.
I am maybe just like you, no problem with ls.
After hearing from all here I stopped borrowing.
In fact I dont need to borrow.
I borrowed at 20% to do business and have no problem paying back. I profited.
So would you take this as poor or good decision?

Just like all here , I have gained experienced on the hardship that some are facing with loans.
Some are destroyed , and family too.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Yamaha.
This one is indeed a sore thumb , wont heal.
That means this one will give you trouble. Our bro delceer said " DONT PAY"
You have to decide whats best , sell house or not. I know when your are in arrears especially many months, who the faxxk can help ?
Do your best.

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Hi Yamaha
I think you should NOT pay anymore , cause even you give them ,they will still want more from you like my case.
Now they are try all the way of calling/whatapp me for repay and I don't answer to it and prepare for the worst now .but once you give in to them it will be endless for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.