B450m Motherboard Choice

firsttimerneedhelp

Reaction score
Hi guys i’m building a ryzen 5 2600 matx system and would like help on what mobo to choose.

1. MSI Mortar
2. MSI Bazooka Plus
3. ASROCK Pro4

The mortar is the most expensive but it has better VRMS but i’m very new to this so i would like to know if it’s really worth $50 over the Pro4. Thanks

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not wait for the 550-series boards? Then the 4-series will drop

averdant

Reaction score
Hi guys i’m building a ryzen 5 2600 matx system and would like help on what mobo to choose.

1. MSI Mortar
2. MSI Bazooka Plus
3. ASROCK Pro4

The mortar is the most expensive but it has better VRMS but i’m very new to this so i would like to know if it’s really worth $50 over the Pro4. Thanks

Both Mortar and Bazooka Plus have better vcore vrms than ASRock Pro4 which is better for overclocking CPUs, but ASRock Pro4 has passive soc vrm cooling which the others don't have which is good for overclocking iGPUs. So you should only go for ASRock B450M Pro4 if you're using an APU like the 2200G/2400G.

But that being said, ASRock B450M Pro4 offers the most features out of the B450M mobos and comes at a great price point. The issue is that it has a 3+3 phase which is not great but still alright for moderate overclocking. It's also a lottery ticket thing as the mosfets come in 2 variants -- the better SINO one and the lousy NIKO one. MSI B450 uses only the SINO mosfets.

In the end it depends on your needs and budget. Will you be intending to upgrade your CPU in the future, and do you plan to OC your current Ryzen 2600?

If you don't think you will be upgrading, and you'll be running your Ryzen 2600 at stock/mild overclock or on a tight budget then go for the ASRock B450M Pro4. Otherwise go for the MSI B450Ms.

stalejive

Banned
Reaction score
i am using 2600 on asrock b450m pro4, can la, still can oc abit , oc till 4.0ghz at 1.3+v , but must change the cpu cooler, got a wraith prism cooler from carousell for $25. the sellers offload from their 2700x. quite an upgrade from stock cooler. but u can get the aio cooler maybe. i think asrock b450m pro4 is cheap and fairly good la.

averdant's point is really on point.

firsttimerneedhelp

Reaction score
Thanks for so much info! I decided to go for the bazooka plus!

Both Mortar and Bazooka Plus have better vcore vrms than ASRock Pro4 which is better for overclocking CPUs, but ASRock Pro4 has passive soc vrm cooling which the others don't have which is good for overclocking iGPUs. So you should only go for ASRock B450M Pro4 if you're using an APU like the 2200G/2400G.

But that being said, ASRock B450M Pro4 offers the most features out of the B450M mobos and comes at a great price point. The issue is that it has a 3+3 phase which is not great but still alright for moderate overclocking. It's also a lottery ticket thing as the mosfets come in 2 variants -- the better SINO one and the lousy NIKO one. MSI B450 uses only the SINO mosfets.

In the end it depends on your needs and budget. Will you be intending to upgrade your CPU in the future, and do you plan to OC your current Ryzen 2600?

If you don't think you will be upgrading, and you'll be running your Ryzen 2600 at stock/mild overclock or on a tight budget then go for the ASRock B450M Pro4. Otherwise go for the MSI B450Ms.

firsttimerneedhelp

Reaction score
Thank you.

i am using 2600 on asrock b450m pro4, can la, still can oc abit , oc till 4.0ghz at 1.3+v , but must change the cpu cooler, got a wraith prism cooler from carousell for $25. the sellers offload from their 2700x. quite an upgrade from stock cooler. but u can get the aio cooler maybe. i think asrock b450m pro4 is cheap and fairly good la.

averdant's point is really on point.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.