Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. If I'm on the legacy 12gb plan with m1 and now intend to switch to sim20 only, do I get the free 5gb if I flash my safra card? Meaning I will pay $20 for 25gb of data

But the free 800mins of outgoing call will not be provided right?

What if I sign up as a new line with new number

Yes. You flash safra card to get additional 5GB data for 12months. Meaning 20GB for $20/mth.

You will not get additional 800mins as you are not porting. U will only get 100mins. Even if you sign up new line, you also wont get 800 additional minutes.

kailee

Reaction score
Yes. You flash safra card to get additional 5GB data for 12months. Meaning 20GB for $20/mth.

You will not get additional 800mins as you are not porting. U will only get 100mins. Even if you sign up new line, you also wont get 800 additional minutes.

I'm comparing this Sim20 with Gomo. Which is better?

25gb is sufficient for me.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm comparing this Sim20 with Gomo. Which is better?

25gb is sufficient for me.

As reported by other people using gomo, they charge $20 once every 30 days. There won't be any bill. Hence, some of the months you will be shortchanged.

M1 has unlimited weekend data, if you safra member you get additional 5GB data.

Last edited:

kailee

Reaction score
As reported by other people using gomo, they charge $20 once every 30 days. There won't be any bill. Hence, some of the months you will be shortchanged.

M1 has unlimited weekend data, if you safra member you get additional 5GB data.

OK seems like the winner is clear.
Sim20 with safra card.
Thanks so much for the help.

I'm at m1 website viewing the details. How come got Sim20 12 months contract and sim20 no contract. What's the difference? I check the data given is also same

Does the previous ITSHOW provides a better deal under M1, Or any other telco? Sometimes I know they got more stuff throw in during ITSHOW

Last edited:

Aikon

Reaction score
It's actually not hard to find... You can simply google for M1 Safra and you can find already...
People nowadays like to be spoon-fed... Simple things also don't bother to find...

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Yeah of course I know how to Google obviously.... But I was trying to tie back to everything that was stated... So the 45gb includes the 25gb for $5.

Last edited:

boliao45

Reaction score
12 mths contract
- basic 5gb + 10gb bonus
- Free Caller ID and Roaming Subscription for 12/24 months for sign up or re-contract on 12/24 month mySIM plans.

no contract
- basic 3gb + 12gb bonus
- no free CID, must pay $5 for it.

basic is the amount you can use when travelling with data passport.
bonus data for only local usage only.

Sim20 with safra card.

I'm at m1 website viewing the details. How come got Sim20 12 months contract and sim20 no contract. What's the difference? I check the data given is also same

lance88

Reaction score
Yes. Gomo has no contract.

many no contract plans are offering at +10 to 15gb for 1 year only, but afterwhich will revert back to base plan of 3-5gb.

Gomo is the same or its perm 20gb? the key word used is the renewal of 30days mentioned, does that mean the plan will also update according to whatever new promo or less promo in future?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sim20 with safra card.

Does the previous ITSHOW provides a better deal under M1, Or any other telco? Sometimes I know they got more stuff throw in during ITSHOW
These type of service plans do not really have much special offerings during ITSHOW. The promos are always changing, so do not need to wait for any trade shows.

12months contract mysim20 you get free caller ID and auto roaming.

Whereas no-contact you have to pay $5/mth for caller ID.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many no contract plans are offering at +10 to 15gb for 1 year only, but afterwhich will revert back to base plan of 3-5gb.

Gomo is the same or its perm 20gb? the key word used is the renewal of 30days mentioned, does that mean the plan will also update according to whatever new promo or less promo in future?

from day 1 already give 20GB... means it's perm....?

anyway those without contract plans why think so much and worry whether perm or not... whenever the plan changes... if they take away the data one day... you are still free to port to another telco rite...?? ;)

regards,
wacky

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you really want to secure it for at least 24 months. Just take mysim (e) from M1 and sell away the phone. That way you can assure to get the amount of data for 2 years, some more cheaper plan after you get the profit after selling the phone.

kailee

Reaction score
12 mths contract
- basic 5gb + 10gb bonus
- Free Caller ID and Roaming Subscription for 12/24 months for sign up or re-contract on 12/24 month mySIM plans.

no contract
- basic 3gb + 12gb bonus
- no free CID, must pay $5 for it.

basic is the amount you can use when travelling with data passport.
bonus data for only local usage only.

Thank you so much. Its clear that the mysim20 12 months more worth it after adding safra member.

Actually I walked past Singtel and they say Gomo is also 20gb but with double the sms and talk time at 200mins. Same price as m1 nysim20.

Dollar to Dollar, isnt Gomo better?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Its clear that the mysim20 12 months more worth it after adding safra member.

Actually I walked past Singtel and they say Gomo is also 20gb but with double the sms and talk time at 200mins. Same price as m1 nysim20.

Gomo does not have volte, iMessage activation, no huge data top up, recurring 30-day cycle, no roaming plans.

While m1 you get free unlimited weekend data, top up additional 25GB for $5. Safra free additional $5. Has volte, good roaming data passport.

Value of m1 is much better.

kailee

Reaction score
Gomo does not have volte, iMessage activation, no huge data top up, recurring 30-day cycle, no roaming plans.

While m1 you get free unlimited weekend data, top up additional 25GB for $5. Safra free additional $5. Has volte, good roaming data passport.

How to get safra free $5?

boliao45

Reaction score
M1's strength is the scalability, extra 25gb for $5, add on talktime $5 for additional 800mins
For $30, You're getting 40gb data, 900 mins talktime, 100sms with M1 vs ST's 30gb data, 300mins talktime, 300sms(seriously?)

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask your company HR department to contact them to discuss.. usually will have a minimum company staff headcount number to meet in order to be eligible.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
any idea what the minimum is? any sme workers have experience?

lovejolin

Reaction score
Not to forget m1 has eSIM capabilities for those with iPhone XS users. Can go apply other telco for additional data or use overseas prepaid when traveling.

kailee

Reaction score
My bill cycle with my current M1 old plan ends on 14April.

Today is 10 April.

If I go and sign up and recontact today for my sim20, they will prorate my old plan and new plan fairly right?

Is there any disadvantage if I go and recontact today in terms of the billing etc

cal3135

Reaction score
Pro rated for both old n new plan.
Much better to switch earlier.

My bill cycle with my current M1 old plan ends on 14April.

Today is 10 April.

If I go and sign up and recontact today for my sim20, they will prorate my old plan and new plan fairly right?

Is there any disadvantage if I go and recontact today in terms of the billing etc

cal3135

Reaction score
GOMO is a prepaid plan, hence u may not able to enjoy certain promo when porting RED to Green/ Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.