Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Big advantage over Chelsea game... Our players will have almost 5days rest and both this morning and Chelsea game at our homeground.
Chelsea will only finish their Europa away game at Prague on Friday morning and then have to come to anfield on Sunday night. Given 3/4th position is uncertain, I'll expect Europa will be another way to gain entry to uefa champs and Chelsea will give important attention to it as well. It's barely sufficient rest for them, having less than 3days fortunately and hopefully we can use homeground advantage to secure 3 points.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT
Don't think there's any advantage at all.

What matters is "Who decided to turn up on match day"

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Our lads must think of the positive outcomes for max points and should erase the nightmare of Gerrard's slip in 13/14 once and for all and slient their fan's version of Gerrad Slip chants.

Allez Allez Allez

This is another final. Come On You Reds... YNWA

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It'll definitely be tiring to play 2 away games with less than 3 days rest though... Not conducive at all. Tiredness and lack of concentration will inevitably set in during later part of 2nd leg.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Matip can rest liao. Really impt player for us for the last 3 months. Don't ever recall him being fit for such a long period of time. He's like the Liverpool's djourou. :s13:

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think a midfield of Fabinho, Hendo and Wij would suit us against Chelski’s usual marauding and physical style of play.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think a midfield of Fabinho, Hendo and Wij would suit us against Chelski’s usual marauding and physical style of play.

I’m wondering will Klopp employ a man-to-man marking on Jorginho this Sunday? And who will be the best man? Milner or Henderson?

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score

Yap. A lot of times, the additional day of rest, unavailability of certain players etc means meaning at all. It's who want it more. I hope the players want it more for the remaining 9 games.

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yap. A lot of times, the additional day of rest, unavailability of certain players etc means meaning at all. It's who want it more. I hope the players want it more for the remaining 9 games.
Where is the 9 games when EPL only 5 games left & CL only 1 game left unless u factor in the semi-final & final....

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Against Chelsea the danger man is obviously Hazard and the last match against them Trent didn't do a good job of reining him in. At the bridge he scored when he got pass a very high Liverpool back line. In fact yesterday the porto striker with no neck went pass several times but luckily didn't have the finishing quality and the rest blocked by Ali.

Last edited:

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score
Where is the 9 games when EPL only 5 games left & CL only 1 game left unless u factor in the semi-final & final....

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
Of course I need to factor in the 2nd leg of the q finals, 2 leg s finals and the final. :)

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Spurs deployed man-to-man marking Fernandinho last night and strifle his influence.

I hope all the other clubs will deploy such tactic against man city

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score
So our strongest midfield on form now is

Henderson, Keita
Fabinho

Against strong team, I still think that we need a double pivot. One of them is definitely fabinho. The other should be gini although he is off form of late. Hendo has definitely played his way into the more advanced role. Keita offers something different though.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mauricio Pochettino fears Spurs’ Harry Kane could be out for season with injury
• Spurs striker injures ankle in clash with Fabian Delph
• ‘We hope he can recover but it doesn’t look good’

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Against Chelsea the danger man is obviously Hazard and the last match against them Trent didn't do a good job of reining him in. At the bridge he scored when he got pass a very high Liverpool back line. In fact yesterday the porto striker with no neck went pass several times but luckily didn't have the finishing quality and the rest blocked by Ali.

oh yeah Hazard..... Gosh!!! He is like Aguero..

always able to find a way to score against us even if there is NO F-king space :(

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Henderson has to play. He's on form now. Give him the box to box or more advance role.

I really really really wanna see him back to this position.

its very similar to Stevie G being instructed to play the DM position in his final 2 years with Liverpool but when Stevie G was back to his usual CM / ACM position, Liverpool suddenly become deadlier and the Old Stevie G is back

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really really really wanna see him back to this position.

its very similar to Stevie G being instructed to play the DM position in his final 2 years with Liverpool but when Stevie G was back to his usual CM / ACM position, Liverpool suddenly become deadlier and the Old Stevie G is back
But stevieg is well known for his long range goal shots which have a way of getting past the opposition's gk. Hopefully Henderson does sth similar.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But stevieg is well known for his long range goal shots which have a way of getting past the opposition's gk. Hopefully Henderson does sth similar.

Hendo only ability is his defense splitting pass and his siao lang press. Shooting cannot. So hope he can use his passing ability to his fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.