NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
Just to update that my status just got updated to Shortlisted so do check! My interview date was on 14 March 2019. :)

rochmer

Reaction score
Could the shortlisted mean shortlisted for interview? Just that the sys was updated much later after interview? Anyone sought to clarify with nie?

dario171

Reaction score
Went for interview on 8 March. Subject Pri (eng/Ss). presentation and interview went really well i guess. received email notification that application was unsucessful today😫😫. Graduated from NUS -PS/HY. what a bummer. mid career switcher -37. perhaps MOE favour younger/fresh grads. seems easier to get in if one’s a fresh grad even from
pte uni, such as SIM. was offered once in 2009 but decline as contract teaching duration was 1.5 yrs. not sure whether to try again

student1995

Reaction score
Looks like those haven received anything gg liao...

No need to rub salt in the wound, don’t need to say negative things especially when so many of us have invested so much time and effort into this. Please be considerate. The HR staff clearly said to wait 4-5 weeks for the outcome

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
No need to rub salt in the wound, don’t need to say negative things especially when so many of us have invested so much time and effort into this. Please be considerate. The HR staff clearly said to wait 4-5 weeks for the outcome
Exactly. I don't think this person has any vested interest in this pgde at all - shld not hv commented at all if he/she has nothing constructive to say. Just ignore this poster.

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Exactly. I don't think this person has any vested interest in this pgde at all - shld not hv commented at all if he/she has nothing constructive to say. Just ignore this poster.

Yup I think we all just genuinely update each other since we are from the same batch, and encouraging one another along the way. I believe we all worked hard and want this badly. Let’s just hope everyone on this thread hear good news soon!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Just to update that my status just got updated to Shortlisted so do check! My interview date was on 14 March 2019. :)
Wow, congrats! Understand you are also undergrad? I think I got to do EPT or waiting to be rejected😞.. Shall hv to continue this hand-wringing wait...

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Wow, congrats! Understand you are also undergrad? I think I got to do EPT or waiting to be rejected😞.. Shall hv to continue this hand-wringing wait...

What did you get for O level EL and A Level GP?(if you took A’s). I don’t think EPT is compulsory if you did well. I’m guessing if you don’t need to take EPT, they will process your application faster? My Friend needed to take so his processing took much longer

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Went for interview on 8 March. Subject Pri (eng/Ss). presentation and interview went really well i guess. received email notification that application was unsucessful today😫😫. Graduated from NUS -PS/HY. what a bummer. mid career switcher -37. perhaps MOE favour younger/fresh grads. seems easier to get in if one’s a fresh grad even from
pte uni, such as SIM. was offered once in 2009 but decline as contract teaching duration was 1.5 yrs. not sure whether to try again

Hi, may be try another subj combi next round? Seems like eng/SS quite a popular choice in this forum this round. Sometimes it's not that you hv not done well, just that there are too many pple to fill a few positions. But, you are still young.. I am much older than you, time is still on your side IMHO.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
What did you get for O level EL and A Level GP?(if you took A’s). I don’t think EPT is compulsory if you did well. I’m guessing if you don’t need to take EPT, they will process your application faster? My Friend needed to take so his processing took much longer
I got A1 for Olevel, B3 for GP Alevel. My interview was on 13 Mar. Not sure but I am guessing all mid career who grad more than 2 years hv to take EPT regardless of grades. Yes, those on the EPT path will hv to wait longer...pay more $, then may still face rejection finally... Sigh...

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
I got A1 for Olevel, B3 for GP Alevel. My interview was on 13 Mar. Not sure but I am guessing all mid career who grad more than 2 years hv to take EPT regardless of grades. Yes, those on the EPT path will hv to wait longer...pay more $, then may still face rejection finally... Sigh...
Oh wow I sure hope that’s not the case. Anyway I’m sure you’ll get in if you really want it. Good luck!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Apologies if I had caused any worry over the EPT here.. Just venting my own insecurities 😅

matyoyo88

Reaction score
Ah, I see, so far those shortlisted are undergrads. It cld be MOE is processing the undergrads/fresh grads who are not reqd to do EPT first. Mid careers out there, let's not lose hope yet ok.

Mid-career switch here too. Wishing all the best for everyone here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.