Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trustdade

Reaction score
If u really nv borrow ask ur nOk to challenge them fastest way to stop.

Knn the uml just call my nok. The fact is I never loan anything from them why they are doing this to me huh ? I ask my nok to ignore them Liao. What else will they do ? I never even take a single cent from them . Will they go my house splash paint ?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Thanks but once i say report police they give me an account number to transfer. Then later call back say never ask me transfer. Dunno why they do that. So should i be afraid with their threats ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Hi bro Spidie,

Your encounter is exactly what i went through previously.

They transferred the money into my account and said thanks for supporting them. I threw back and said no, i don't know you. I told them to give me an account number for me to transfer back. They said to call or message them at 1305hrs (exact timing). So i told them to fly kite. I made a police report, got the bank to close my account, changed my number ... even my whole family changed our numbers ... it died down after that ...

My advise is if you have never asked them for a loan but they transferred it to you, it's a scam. Close off all communications with them. FYI, i went to my MP and he got the npc to loan me a CCTV and even had a few plainclothes officers loitering at my void deck. It was all good in the end.

Hope this helps

Spidie

Reaction score
Hi bro Spidie,

Your encounter is exactly what i went through previously.

They transferred the money into my account and said thanks for supporting them. I threw back and said no, i don't know you. I told them to give me an account number for me to transfer back. They said to call or message them at 1305hrs (exact timing). So i told them to fly kite. I made a police report, got the bank to close my account, changed my number ... even my whole family changed our numbers ... it died down after that ...

My advise is if you have never asked them for a loan but they transferred it to you, it's a scam. Close off all communications with them. FYI, i went to my MP and he got the npc to loan me a CCTV and even had a few plainclothes officers loitering at my void deck. It was all good in the end.

Hope this helps
Thanks Ravenking80s . I think they are crazy. So do they went to your house to disturb you in the end ? Never borrow anything and they can spend all the effort And time doing this. We won't pay anything to them also. Really is waste their time also.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Thanks Ravenking80s . I think they are crazy. So do they went to your house to disturb you in the end ? Never borrow anything and they can spend all the effort And time doing this. We won't pay anything to them also. Really is waste their time also.

I'll tell you what was scary. somehow they got hold of my sister's photo and where she works (she's a teacher btw). then they started harassing the school. luckily for her, her principal was understanding and the Ops manager at her school were former police officers.

but after we changed our numbers, nothing happened. i hope that you and others who are in this situation will be able to find peace of mind soon. if you need to speak, you can always dm me bro

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Read this news, now you know why our data is all leak when ever we go into LML.

Seriously police shld look into this matter for LML business, it kinda breach of data lehz. Haiz.

Hi bro Trustdade,

It's not just the LML; telcos and even banks are holding on to our personal details. There is also a possibility that the leak may come from them.

Trustdade

Reaction score
No doubt on that , but my guess bank n telco is strict so possibility is quite low.

Hi bro Trustdade,

It's not just the LML; telcos and even banks are holding on to our personal details. There is also a possibility that the leak may come from them.

Shafiz

Reaction score
Hi all.. im really scared.. recently i borrowed from an uml for $500.. i was supposed to pay him $150 everyweek for deferment.. ived paid him twice but yesterday was my due date.. i could not pay him so he said i need to pay him double today.. ived been rejecting his whatsapp calls.. then i received another private num calls and unknown number which i think is not from sg.. im really scared and lost now.. i admit it was my mistake.. will they cause nuisance at my house or office etc?? Please advice on what should i do next.. thanks

Trustdade

Reaction score
Read baxk lor. But u havw to bear the consequences too. Disturb cfm will kena wan. Office nok all sure kena wan. Tell them the truth then they will know what to do.

Hi all.. im really scared.. recently i borrowed from an uml for $500.. i was supposed to pay him $150 everyweek for deferment.. ived paid him twice but yesterday was my due date.. i could not pay him so he said i need to pay him double today.. ived been rejecting his whatsapp calls.. then i received another private num calls and unknown number which i think is not from sg.. im really scared and lost now.. i admit it was my mistake.. will they cause nuisance at my house or office etc?? Please advice on what should i do next.. thanks

Faizal8428

Reaction score
Anyone got lobang for cctv, i wanna install. Recently took loan from UML take $700, payback $1000. Den i paid deferment $250. After pay den was asked to take another loan of $700. But end up receiving $750. So when 2nd week comes i couldn't pay the deferment coz it's $500 for 2 loans. So the LS suggested to open bank acct for him, den i can get $400/mth. I agreed and passed my atm card, but i didn't passed it personally. Placed it somewhere at the RC a few blocks away. Few days later another guy sent a pic saying he transferred $300 to my acct. I was shocked, i straight away asked for the acct no to transfer back since i nvr asked for any loan. The guy said he'll give later(which ended up a few days later). And when he gave me the acct no he said can only transfer $200, coz later got problem with bank. So i blindly followed and transferred $200. Few days later the 1st guy asked for payment, den i said i tot already deducted from the $400? Den he say still short of $100 coz 2 loans. So I transferred the balance $100. After realising my mistake, i called my bank to report loss of atm card and made a police report through i-witness. The officer did a follow up but couldn't do much as the harrassments were done only through txts. I've called 999 this afternoon as i've received another harrassment thru txt coz i'm worried my mum is at home alone. So that's why i wanna install cctv to at least deter the runners from doin anything.

green72

Reaction score
Bro faizal8428, pmed u with regards to cctv.

Bro spidie, the harassments will pass once they cannot contact you.

Bro Shafiz, just continue to ignore/block them.Go and make police report asap.

Bros, just follow the steps we have been giving for the past month. Read through and understand that these are more like scammers than the UMLs of the 90s where one need to personally meet them or their runners to borrow.

Their threats are merely texts or calls. No more than that. They might send some legit couriers like lalamove to personally talk to you using the courier hp.

The more "establish" ones might send runner to lock gate, splash paint or paste debt notes but don't worry if this happen. Just report to I/O and 999. SPF WILL initiate immediate investigation and your troubles might end faster once the runners are arrested.

Believe us when we say that once runners are involved, SPF will start to take immediate action. Continue to provide evidence of threats to your I/O.

Remember to call 999 if you see suspicious characters near your unit. Our local UMLs are not an establish organisation like Colombia cartels. They normally don't have the manpower to stake out or follow you around. So don't bother to peep at your windows for spies.

Futhermore, these UMLs are partly smart to con but not smart enough. If not, they already have real proper job with high posts.

And man up, stop paying. That's the best way to hurt them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone got lobang for cctv, i wanna install. Recently took loan from UML take $700, payback $1000. Den i paid deferment $250. After pay den was asked to take another loan of $700. But end up receiving $750. So when 2nd week comes i couldn't pay the deferment coz it's $500 for 2 loans. So the LS suggested to open bank acct for him, den i can get $400/mth. I agreed and passed my atm card, but i didn't passed it personally. Placed it somewhere at the RC a few blocks away. Few days later another guy sent a pic saying he transferred $300 to my acct. I was shocked, i straight away asked for the acct no to transfer back since i nvr asked for any loan. The guy said he'll give later(which ended up a few days later). And when he gave me the acct no he said can only transfer $200, coz later got problem with bank. So i blindly followed and transferred $200. Few days later the 1st guy asked for payment, den i said i tot already deducted from the $400? Den he say still short of $100 coz 2 loans. So I transferred the balance $100. After realising my mistake, i called my bank to report loss of atm card and made a police report through i-witness. The officer did a follow up but couldn't do much as the harrassments were done only through txts. I've called 999 this afternoon as i've received another harrassment thru txt coz i'm worried my mum is at home alone. So that's why i wanna install cctv to at least deter the runners from doin anything.

It's a loan scam, file police reports to protect yourself and stop paying, break contact.

Faizal8428

Reaction score
Bro faizal8428, pmed u with regards to cctv.

Bro spidie, the harassments will pass once they cannot contact you.

Bro Shafiz, just continue to ignore/block them.Go and make police report asap.

Bros, just follow the steps we have been giving for the past month. Read through and understand that these are more like scammers than the UMLs of the 90s where one need to personally meet them or their runners to borrow.

Their threats are merely texts or calls. No more than that. They might send some legit couriers like lalamove to personally talk to you using the courier hp.

The more "establish" ones might send runner to lock gate, splash paint or paste debt notes but don't worry if this happen. Just report to I/O and 999. SPF WILL initiate immediate investigation and your troubles might end faster once the runners are arrested.

Believe us when we say that once runners are involved, SPF will start to take immediate action. Continue to provide evidence of threats to your I/O.

Remember to call 999 if you see suspicious characters near your unit. Our local UMLs are not an establish organisation like Colombia cartels. They normally don't have the manpower to stake out or follow you around. So don't bother to peep at your windows for spies.

Futhermore, these UMLs are partly smart to con but not smart enough. If not, they already have real proper job with high posts.

And man up, stop paying. That's the best way to hurt them.

I've stopped paying since i realised that they are indeed UML, i've paid $250 using my own money and the rest is from the $400 and $300 i got from opening bank acct and the sudden transfer. I've borrowed from LM before but cleared already. Thanks for the tip.

Faizal8428

Reaction score
It's a loan scam, file police reports to protect yourself and stop paying, break contact.

I've already filed a report, i did block a few numbers but they used another number to contact me. I rmbr the last txt of harrassment was the UML told me ask my family sleep dun close eyes, sure kena burn

Reaction score
I've already filed a report, i did block a few numbers but they used another number to contact me. I rmbr the last txt of harrassment was the UML told me ask my family sleep dun close eyes, sure kena burn

Threats and fear creating is their normal mode of operation, block and ignore. Every time they harass you, file a report.

Anytime you feel unsafe or see suspicious people to you place, call 999.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Reaction score

If you did not receive anything from them, just ignore them, tell Nok to say wrong number. They will try all lies and threat to create fear. Ignore them. Any threats or harassment, file police reports.

Once they find can't squeeze anything out of you, they will give up.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
I've stopped paying since i realised that they are indeed UML, i've paid $250 using my own money and the rest is from the $400 and $300 i got from opening bank acct and the sudden transfer. I've borrowed from LM before but cleared already. Thanks for the tip.

Bro, when i was facing this, there was one point of time when i called the police because i was panicking. I didnt take any money from these idiots but somehow they got my personal info.

But I got a shock when one of the police officers who came over to me that even he got those kind of calls and messages.

A lot of the bros here have given good, solid advice. Anytime you need a listening ear, we are here

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score

Bro Faizal, blocking the numbers is not good enough. Change your numbers.

Spidie

Reaction score
I damn dulan and went to troll another uml or scamer i do not know. I go ask him if you help me solve all this issues which i am having now then i take the loan from you. He spend a good 3 days with me on phone how to tackle this issue. Then after that i block him. His modus operandi is the same as the scamer. What trial loan lar what cashback lar. When i ask this person report police can a not. Then he very defensive liao. Give me all kind of excuses like u go police for what. You think phone calls and watsapp police will take action meh. They wont take action no need waste time go make report blah blah blah. But he did solve part of my issues by telling me dun answer and block them off. But i damn happy at least i troll one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.