NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

dario171

Reaction score
Thanks Ohgeesh! 37 is not relatively young i reckon😏. compared to so many fresh grads or younger candidates-22-24. Most of my peers that did mid career switch at age 31-32. But you are right. Probably stiff competition for space and given the excess as well. Good luck to everyone in the forum!

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
Wow, congrats! Understand you are also undergrad? I think I got to do EPT or waiting to be rejected��.. Shall hv to continue this hand-wringing wait...
don't lose hope yet! i think all of us still stand an equal chance as long as we don't receive the rejection email so we should keep our hopes up and keep updating each other! :) hmm... they'd probably classify me as undergrad too since i'm currently in the last sem of my part-time degree. i've been working for 7 years though.

sunnysideupp

Reaction score
Hi just received my offer letter at 9.20am :)
Just a timeline check in case anyone is interested!
Submission of application - 31 aug 2018
Interview - 2 oct 2018
Health checkup email - 16 Jan 2019
Health checkup done on - 18 Jan 2019
Offer letter - 11 April

I’m currently in my last sem in NUS and I applied for primary English and maths. My teaching stint is starting in July.

Good luck to everyone!!

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Good morning, everyone!

I went for my PGDE interview last July, in 2018, and after almost 10 months of waiting, I have finally just received my possible offer of appointment via email. For those that have been waiting like me, your email ought to arrive soon too, I reckon. As for the rest that did not get through, do not give up. I tried more than a few times (and also went to upgrade myself by taking extra NIE endorsed courses) before I made it this far.

Good luck, everyone!

mrskhalis

Reaction score
Interview - 2 oct 2018
Offer letter - 11 April

I’m currently in my last sem in NUS and I applied for primary English and maths. My teaching stint is starting in July.

Good luck to everyone!!

Wow congrats! jus curious. u did not receive EPT email?

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Hi, anyone who applied during Feb, went for interview in Mar and received EPT email availability has received confirmation for EPT on 18 Apr?

And any pdge (pri art) has received any notification email/ status changed in career.gov?

Thanks! :)

I have not received EPT confirmation! Have you? Exact same timeline as you as well.

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Hi there :) nope i have yet to and that’s worrying me :( but I wouldn’t be too worried if I were you as you had your status changed to shortlisted! :)

I say just wait! Even with the EPT availability mail they sent it on different days even though we went for interviews all in March! So I think they update the statuses differently as well. Good luck!

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Interview - 2 oct 2018
Offer letter - 11 April

Good luck to everyone!!

Wow! Just curious, why did u apply so early when you're graduating this year only? Also was ur medical slightly late cos you're still studying?

sunnysideupp

Reaction score
Wow! Just curious, why did u apply so early when you're graduating this year only? Also was ur medical slightly late cos you're still studying?

HAHAHAA because I heard of some people who applied and received their offer letters even before uni started so I wanted to try as soon as possible..

I think my application is delayed as compared to the others but there were mid career applicants who received medical email around the same time as me so not very sure also.

mrskhalis

Reaction score
Nope I didn’t receive any email related to EPT actually so I think if you didn’t receive EPT email it’s fine probably means you don’t have to take it :)

Ouh that's good to hear! thanks sunnyside. wishing you a smooth teaching journey ahead!=)

Beezeeyes

Reaction score
Interview - 2 oct 2018
Offer letter - 11 April

Good luck to everyone!!

Hi Sunnysideupp,
During the period from interview to medical, were you waiting in total silence (from the end of moe) or were there frequent updates? It just seems like a really really long wait :o

sunnysideupp

Reaction score
Hi Sunnysideupp,
During the period from interview to medical, were you waiting in total silence (from the end of moe) or were there frequent updates? It just seems like a really really long wait :o

Some of us received shortlist email in early December I think.. but I didn’t receive any update from MOE except for a change in my status on careers.sg in late November from “in process” to “shortlisted” when I checked

Beezeeyes

Reaction score
Some of us received shortlist email in early December I think.. but I didn’t receive any update from MOE except for a change in my status on careers.sg in late November from “in process” to “shortlisted” when I checked

Oh man, the unsettling silence. Thank you so much for your update. Appreciate it

student1995

Reaction score
Nope I didn’t receive any email related to EPT actually so I think if you didn’t receive EPT email it’s fine probably means you don’t have to take it :)

Hi everyone, did any of you receive the EPT email yet? They said they’ll email us 1 week before the EPT which is on 18 April.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.